2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Review: lot of SUV for the money

2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 5-speed Automatic)

lot of SUV for the money
By cubldr on

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am tall and so are my kids and you gotta LOVE the rear legroom! Unbelievable. I was amazed at how much room this thing has. I share everyones frustration with ergonomics of front window controls, front seat adjuster, cupholders, but these are minor irritants. Had to have some warranty work done to correct some noisy valve operation in the engine but this is covered under the extended drivetrain warranty that comes with the vehicle. I sold GM vehicles in 2002-2003 with this same engine. I have MOST pleased with the 18-19 mpg my wife gets running the kids all over town everyday. Also much peppier in this configuration than Buick Rendezvous or GM minivans with this engine.

great looks (like a BMW SUV!) Rear legroom. GREAT price. good mileage for an SUV (18-19 in town)

ergonomics of emergency brake release, cupholders and electric driver seat controls. Loose the chrome trim around gear shift.