Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

A great small SUV!
By gm4life

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have been looking for a small SUV since 2005. I have looked on and off but in 2006 when I saw the Torrent I knew I had to have one. I test drove the Rav and CRV and the Torrent left the best impression on me. It had the feel of a sporty Pontiac. The Torrent has decent giddy-up not as much as my 2005 Bonneville SLE but still enough. The back-seat slides forward and back to adjust for cargo room or leg room. I have been very happy with its balance of function and performance. In a crowded segment the Torrent stands out, and frankly there is not a better small SUV out there for the money. I am enjoying this little thing a lot and it is perfect for a family the likes to travel.

Favorite Features

Sliding rear seat, sporty handling and excellent performing 5 speed automatic. I also love the DIC (drive info center) and the aux input jack for my i-Pod.

Suggested Improvements

I love my black interior but could they offer a gray in addition to tan and black? Other than that nothing. I really like this Pontiac.

Long Time Toyota Owner/Purchaser
By BtCaptiva

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am truly impressed with this vehicle. Styling is "eye catching" and performance with the 184 HP engine is remarkably strong, handling is much like a sports car feel. Highway is a smooth ride. Instrumentation is easily viewed and accessible. There is plenty of room for driver and passengers. The back seat adusts as well which is unique. As a mid-size it is comparable to other, more expensive makes, as far as hauling capacity. The sound system is wonderful. During hot summer months the A/C cools quickly. I looked at other makes comparable in size priced in the $30,000's that I would normally purchase but for the money I choice this Torrent and have been pleased. Time will tell.

Favorite Features

Sound system, ride, handling, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Lights on mirrors in visors.

Best all-around SUV
By JeremyH

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Looking for an SUV I wanted something that was a) all wheel/4 wheel drive b) could pull at least 3,500 lbs c) get decent gas mileage, d) have “cool-wow” features e) have above average build quality & f) not cost me $30-K. I found that the CRV & Rav4 can’t pull a boat & looked “toyish”. The Escape is smaller & gets worse gas mileage. Likewise, the Dodge Nitro/Jeep Liberty twins have lower MPG’s, & they just didn’t have a quality feel. The Torrent feels roomier inside than any of the other SUV’s, & it’s reliability ratings are good. Overall feel is that of a more expensive import. Gas mileage has been what I expected too: 17 city & up to 25 highway.

Favorite Features

The first American car I’ve owned in many years and so far have been pleasantly surprised. Take this as a complement, this doesn’t “feel” like an American car.Too many to list- remote start, heated leather seats, overall look and feel of the interior, I love the looks of this SUV!

Suggested Improvements

I agree that the design of the center console could be better, but if you can get over that then this is an all around top contender.

Poor interior design - don't recommend
By Joan

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The performance of the Torrent has been wonderful. Was tail-ended, everyone safe, and the cost of repair was very reasonable because the rear bumper is in a couple of different parts. If the whole thing had been one piece, it would have been higher. The interior design is sorely lacking. If the cup holders are in use, the parking brake cannot be. You have to remove drinks from the holders to put on the parking brake as well as use the cigarette lighter for recharing cell phone. When putting on the parking brake by habit and there are drinks in the holders, the drinks spill or the holder is in danger of being broken. P Drives wonderfully. Fun. Even 17 year old son likes to drive it.

Favorite Features

Acceleration. Bumper assembly in more than one piece. Color is cool (blue).

Suggested Improvements

Different design for parking brake, cup holders, cigarette lighter must be more accessible. Window controls on door, not middle by gearshift. Sun visor to reach window. Am not sure how the recall will affect the sun visor when used on side of driver's window. wish remote start worked.

2007 AWD Pontiac Torrent
By Heidi

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We really like our Pontiac Torrent. The exterior and interior are very well designed. I miss having a light by the vanity mirror. We love the leg room in the back seat. It's very reliable for us and comfortable for our entire family.

Favorite Features

I like the heated leather seats, the remote start, the leg room (especially in the back seat) and the cargo room when you lay the seats down. I thought I wouldn't like the red display, but I found I really like it. Just another feature to make the Torrent different.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was a light on the vanity mirror. I think back vents for heat and air would be helpful as well as dual temperature controls in front. The only thing I don't like about the Torrent is the low gas mileage. I expected it to get in the mid to upper 20's, but we regularly only get 19-20.