2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
Best Vehicle I Have Owned!
By rsmith on 06/20/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Torrent. It has a lot of leg room, the fuel economy is quit good, the styling is great. The suspension is good. All around a great SUV! The cup holders have not been an issue for me.

Love This Vehicle!
By Whitsinn on 06/14/07 13:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love the Pontiac Torrent. We were looking to get out of our minivan, and this little SUV was a great choice. Love the style. We have 3 kids and there is plenty of room in the back seat. Lots of leg room. Handles well. Very stylish!

Torrent Love
By janson on 05/30/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Love the size. Bigger then the competition, but not huge, and doesn't feel big while driving. It can actually fit in parking spots, but still has tons of leg room in the rear. Plenty of engine for what it supposed to do, and lots of features to keep the driver informed.

After 6 months it still seems a good choice
By Terry on 05/15/07 11:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Got a red one in Dec 2006. Looked at the Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd which is what I had before but wanted something a little less to go along with my new retired lifestyle. Looked at others but nothing clicked until I drove the Torrent. Its towing cap. (3500 lb.) is more than adequate for my use and the back opens up to be fairly flat and roomy. It is fairly quick but no flash -- but then my other car is a Bonneville SSEi (turbo). It handles well and corners well -- it feels agile. My wife does not think the seats are that comfortable -- I think they are OK but could be better. I think it will serve its purpose well.

A lot of car for the money
By Mike in Portland on 04/30/07 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Torrent was a great choice for a guy like me who needed to move to a larger car from a sedan due to a new baby, but doesn’t want to move to a huge SUV. Not only is the Torrent’s size just right, but it looks cool, it drives very well, and it has great leg room in both the front and rear seats. The V-6 engine really goes when you need it to. The car handles corners better than our ’02 Corolla did. The gas mileage is acceptable for a car this size. The 3500lb towing capacity is enough for all of our needs. If you are looking for value and options, a loaded Torrent can be had for under $30K. I chose the Torrent afer considering the Rav4, CR-V, Trailblazer, and HHR.

Better than expected
By Dave on 04/28/07 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The quality of the 2007 Torrent has surprised me. Very quiet with great room and ample performance. No rattles or squeaks! This is an SUV you need to consider before you buy an import.

2007 Torrent
By Mark on 04/19/07 05:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Seating comfort was the biggest factor in my choosing the Torrent, but it is fun to drive and I've been impressed by the fuel economy. I like the exterior styling better than the Jeep or Mariner or even the Torrent's twin the Chevy Equinox. The front grille looks like the twin-kindey of a BMW X3, and I like that.

warren
By warren waters on 03/25/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

the car drives well, handles the road bumps well, steering feels a little touchy. very quiet ride.a lot of room inside for people and cargo

Better Than Expected
By Rich on 03/14/07 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had decided on either a Ford Freestyle or a Toyota RAV-4, but drove a Torrent and liked it much more than the Equinox I had driven earlier. The price versus options was better than the other two vehicles I tried. The ride is comfortable and visibility is good. I also like the fact that the vehicle has stabilitrak and traction control. Mileage is about 22 mpg overall.

I Think We Have a Winner
By Gail on 02/01/07 07:30 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had my heart set on a Rav 4 for over a year. Spent about that much time researching all similar vehicles for everything from MPG to TCO My husband recommended I look at this and I'm glad I did. It is beautiful, stylish, has longer power train warranty, rides well has better peripheral vision area. The Crystal Lake is an awesome teal color. Rich looking and a little different than your standard blue or green. The best part was the price. Leather, Onstar, XM radio, side curtain airbags and still about $2500 less out the door than the RAV4. Would recommend this to anyone. Mileage is a little less than expected but my husband insists it's because the engine is new

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.