Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Very Dissappointed Torrent Owner
By Vincent Smith

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because I fell in love with the style. I have had nothing but problems with it since day one. I must have got a real lemon. I am now involved with GM Head Office. The file folder I have on this vehicle is to big to mention. Everything has gone on it but the Dealership in my hometown of Orillia never seems to be able to agree with my findings of course. Hoping to trade it in soon. The unfortunate part is I love the vehicle so much I am considering taking another Torrent for a test drive. I hope they are not all of the same quality.

Lots of room. Sporty style and sharp on the front.

Clean up the electrical parts inside and there seems to be a major problem with stabilizer, bushings control arm ball joints. Oh yeah, I have had them all and more

Nice CUV
By Mark C

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for almost a year now and have not had a problem with it. It drives very smooth, very appealing exterior which is hard to find right now.

Lots of room, back seats move back and fourth, A lot of cargo room with seats down fit about 30 cases of beer and still had a lot of power.

Wish it had the 6 speed in the 2007 version

I'm Happy
By Happy

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Torrent is the first brand new vehicle I have ever purchased. I was used to driving a Camaro, but wanted something roomier and better in bad weather. I haver been very pleased with my Torrent. I get approx 22 to 23 mpg which I am happy with. I agree with everybody else in saying that the parking break and cup holders should be restructured so they could be used at the same time, and also the location of the cigarette lighter is hard to get to when you are using the cup holders. Everything else is GREAT! I would definitely suggest a Pontiac Torrent to anyone.

Steering wheel controls (radio and cruise control, sunroof, spacious (and I am 5'9) spacious cargo, heated seats, remote start (on that cold winter morning), good gas mileage.

Change the location of the cup holders or the parking brake, so that both can be used at the same time. I would also use a different material around the gear shift, that chrome is blinding when the sun hits it and also scratches easily.

2007 torrent
By Teresa

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of the Pontiac Torrent very roomy for a smaller suv. I have had my torrent in the shop at least 8 times for ignition problems. The key will not turn. It's like in a lock position and all they would do is spray and lube the ignition. At 30,000 miles now my rotors are warped and they say they just do that sometimes. They just replaced the ignition cylinder hoping this fixes the problem!

Lots of room and sharp looking ride.

Need better interior cloth and should have put parking brake somewhere else. should make them to get better gas mileage

Car Great. Oil usage very bad.
By George

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Torrent has 13,000 miles on it. It has been carefully driven and dealer serviced. It uses 1 qt. of oil every 2000 miles. GM says this is normal for all of their cars and trucks and refuses to fix it. Dealer says they've not seen this before but refuses to help. GM's Regional Manager refuses to contact me so I can discuss this with GM. This defect and GM's refusal to honor their warranty has ruined our experience with an otherwise excellent vehicle. I strongly suggest you not buy a GM vehicle.

The car is great except for the engine and GM's refusal to admit that excessive oil usage is a defect.

GM needs to stop insulting the intelligence of its customers by thinking it can ignore defects by saying they're not a defect. I paid for a quality engine and didn't get one.