2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
Could be better
By chestnuts on 11/14/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Having driven my new Torrent for about 4 months now, I do find a few annoying shortcomings. The controls on the Steering Wheel are terribly designed. The 3 cruise control buttons (and those for the radio too) are much too small for a man's finger! I must take off my eyes off the road and actually look to find the right button, then use my fingernails to activate the control button.In short, a terrible design. I now have 12,000 Miles on it and I am ready to replace the tires. Especially in rainy weather, a little acceleration and the wheels start to spin! No traction whatsoever -very disappointing. I feel car should have more power. In normal overtaking maneuvers,car moans and groans.

Like the Torrent
By Mark D on 10/23/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Dodge Caravan for 12 years and wanted something smaller but still roomy. I'm about 6' tall so I like the leg room & headroom of SUV's. I test drove a Mariner, too, but chose the Torrent. It's more comfortable because it's wider and the seats are very cushiony.

Torrent kept us safe
By azalea25 on 10/02/07 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

After much research for a safe but affordable SUV, we purchased a Torrent in August. Unfortunately, after only a month of ownership, a teenage driver rear-ended us and pushed us into a school bus. Thank God no one was hurt, but the Torrent was totaled. I credit the Torrent for keeping my son and me safe inside even though the outside was badly mangled. I shudder to think what would have happened had we been in a different vehicle.

Style, efficiency & reliability
By David H. Hagen on 09/21/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've upgraded to the 2007 Torrent from the 2004 Aztek - wow! My Aztek was very reliable but Pontiac raised the bar even more with the Torrent. Style, class and efficiency are very common with Pontiac and the Torrent is no exception. I have the "Preferred" and "Sun and Sound" packages which make my Torrent feel worth double the money! The Torrent also handles wonderfully and is very fun to drive. Kudos Pontiac - the Torrent is a wonderful vehicle!

Nice one from Pontiac
By Tony on 09/18/07 00:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was very suprised when I took the Torrent for a test drive. On the test drive, I was totally convinced that this vehicle was for me. I totally agree with the one review about it being the poor mans BMW. It feels like a very expensive vehicle, but it doesnt have the price tag of one. I am proud of my Pontiac Torrent!!!

Torrent Value
By torrent owner on 08/23/07 09:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Torrent/Equinox is nothing special, but it does lots of things well and doesnt cost a fortune. It is very safe, one of only two cars getting 5 stars with-out side airbags! Get the SAB option anyway! It is very roomy, opened up it holds more than many SUVs much larger, and it holds more than all other mid and small SUVs. This is because the rear is still squarish, so it really opens up. The mileage is good for an AWD, I regularly get 22 to 24 in real driving. But like all Torrent/NOX owners I wish it had a little more pep. The 08 has more engine options. Major complaint is the lack of a good arm rest for my left arm on the door, or a telescopic steering wheel.

Nice vehicle
By Live Free or Die on 07/23/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We went from a 1999 Ford Windstar. I considered myself a Ford person (after owning 6). We looked at the Honda CR- V, Chevy Equinox and the Pontiac Torrent. We decided to stay in the GM family so that knocked out the Honda (it also seemed a little small for our use). The Pontiac had better option packages and the one we wanted was readily available at the dealer. After driving it for a few months my observations are as follows: The styling is great, it does look like higher end vehicles, the pick up is slow but once you hit it, it takes off. Wouldn't recommend the cargo upgrade as it actually cuts into the space.

Poor Man's BMW
By Road Trip Warrior on 07/02/07 12:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Looking for a fun vehicle that is very good on gas economy and has a lot of bells and whistles for the money? The Torrent has a responsive feel and very good handling for a crossover type car. Although the horsepower could be slightly higher to create better response, there is plenty of pickup to nudge your way into highway merges. Extensive leg room and flat floor space makes for better comfort than our previous Envoy in the back seat area. Fully equipped with everything but the navigator, my wife seems to marvel at the remote start and sunroof features which add more enjoyment. Better feel than the Equinox, easy to drive, the Torrent makes for a great alternative to pricier crossovers.

Perfect Crossover
By ForeignAffairz on 06/25/07 11:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my '97 Firebird for a more practical vehicle. If you want sharp looks with functionality, this is the car for you. The mesh inside the Torrent is a lot smoother than its counterpart. Another reason I bought the Torrent is to tow my 15' Boston Whaler. The hitch is a stage 3(heavy duty) and it pulls the boat with ease, especially in low gear. I love it and so does my girl. I love it.

Best Vehicle I Have Owned!
By rsmith on 06/20/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Torrent. It has a lot of leg room, the fuel economy is quit good, the styling is great. The suspension is good. All around a great SUV! The cup holders have not been an issue for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.