Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Disgusted!
By C. Greer

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second brand new vehicle I have leased, I got out of an 05 Canyon thinking the Torrent would be better for the family, Boy was I WRONG!! I am absolutely disgusted with the Torrent, the fuel mileage isn't at all what I expected, the Stabilitrak has caused nothing but issues, there is a rumble up the centre of the vehicle everytime the roads are just wet. Not to mention the lack of control in the snow, I will never buy another vehicle with AWD again, nor will I deal with GM ever again! Their customer service and assistance have proved to be useless!

Get rid of stabilitrak or fix it properly the first time! Give your customers the service they deserve!

Great vehicle
By Janet Pierson

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Did lots of research before purchasing and after the test drive, I was sold. It has met my expectations. NO mechanical problems and took 2 week road trip and it was very comfortable. I planned on keeping this vehicle for many years, due to it's nice performance, handling and storage room. It has a 5 star crash rating and unfortunately I recently was involved in a serious collision with airbag deployment. I walked away from the car without a scratch or bruise! I will be looking for another Torrent to replace this one.

Handling and performance. Price and available options.

Better quality leather seats. The emergency brake and cup holder issue.

good for awhile... then, not so good....
By rp

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Own a 2007 fwd torrent - seemed like a good vehicle for first 20000kms, then - a lot of little/annoying things started to happen: - tire pressure sensor malfunction [still is, despite two trips to dealer]... signal lights work, but 'clicker' has stopped working..driver door lock malfunction [cant autolock all doors]...traction control system is MORE OF A HAZARD THAN ANYTHING - I turn it OFF whenever I'm driving in snow and ice [which is very often!]...parking brake / cupholder design is poor to say the least ... there are better vehicles out there for similar price.....my 2004 pontiac montana was a much better vehicle...

Not a winter vehicle
By Heather

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My Torrent is definately not a winter vehicle. Slips and slides and I get zero traction. Basically, I come to a rolling stop at stop signs, because I know I won't get traction to get going again. The traction control is a joke. I had my Torrent for a month, and the traction control went out. They claimed they fixed it, but it still doesn't work properly. Will be trading for a roomier SUV, this fall. Also, you'd think for a smaller SUV, it would get better gas mileage. I can get as bad as 9 mpg, driving in town, and up to 25 on the highway. For how small it is, I would like to see it get way better mileage than that!!

The Carbon Color and outside exterior.

Gas mileage, traction control either updated so it works or removed completely.

Love It
By S.Roylance

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We took our Torrent for test drive and knew that this was our vehicle. I love the leather seats. The only thing that I would like to see is the cup holders and the emergency brake changed. They are a pain where they are and the window controls took a bit to get used to, but overall I love my Torrent and will be buying another one when this one is too old.

The remote start. And the comfy seats.

Move the cup holders and the emergency brake. Get rid of the silver around the console, it's hard on the eyes when the sun is out.