2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
I'm Happy
By Happy on 06/24/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Torrent is the first brand new vehicle I have ever purchased. I was used to driving a Camaro, but wanted something roomier and better in bad weather. I haver been very pleased with my Torrent. I get approx 22 to 23 mpg which I am happy with. I agree with everybody else in saying that the parking break and cup holders should be restructured so they could be used at the same time, and also the location of the cigarette lighter is hard to get to when you are using the cup holders. Everything else is GREAT! I would definitely suggest a Pontiac Torrent to anyone.

2007 torrent
By Teresa on 06/20/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of the Pontiac Torrent very roomy for a smaller suv. I have had my torrent in the shop at least 8 times for ignition problems. The key will not turn. It's like in a lock position and all they would do is spray and lube the ignition. At 30,000 miles now my rotors are warped and they say they just do that sometimes. They just replaced the ignition cylinder hoping this fixes the problem!

Car Great. Oil usage very bad.
By George on 05/23/08 03:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Torrent has 13,000 miles on it. It has been carefully driven and dealer serviced. It uses 1 qt. of oil every 2000 miles. GM says this is normal for all of their cars and trucks and refuses to fix it. Dealer says they've not seen this before but refuses to help. GM's Regional Manager refuses to contact me so I can discuss this with GM. This defect and GM's refusal to honor their warranty has ruined our experience with an otherwise excellent vehicle. I strongly suggest you not buy a GM vehicle.

A Home Run for Our Family
By Dazz on 05/14/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Torrent has been a hit for my wife and me. We have pack it to the top and traveled with it. The rear seats and front passenger seat fold flat which allows a lot more storage. I consistently get 20-21 mpg and have gotten 26 when going 60 mph. Overall, my wife and I lover our Torrent!

Awesome SUV
By Carlos on 05/02/08 03:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Like many of you, I was doing some research last year trying to buy a comfortable, spacious and low price SUV. In conclusion the Torrent beat all the other suv I researched (Patriot,compass, Escape, Mercury). You get more of what you pay for. I bought the Bugg shield, window visor and mud guard. Wish it make it look cooler. Gas Mileage is decent compared to other cars or SUVs, can't complain.

A great small SUV!
By gm4life on 04/20/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have been looking for a small SUV since 2005. I have looked on and off but in 2006 when I saw the Torrent I knew I had to have one. I test drove the Rav and CRV and the Torrent left the best impression on me. It had the feel of a sporty Pontiac. The Torrent has decent giddy-up not as much as my 2005 Bonneville SLE but still enough. The back-seat slides forward and back to adjust for cargo room or leg room. I have been very happy with its balance of function and performance. In a crowded segment the Torrent stands out, and frankly there is not a better small SUV out there for the money. I am enjoying this little thing a lot and it is perfect for a family the likes to travel.

Long Time Toyota Owner/Purchaser
By BtCaptiva on 02/26/08 18:38 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am truly impressed with this vehicle. Styling is "eye catching" and performance with the 184 HP engine is remarkably strong, handling is much like a sports car feel. Highway is a smooth ride. Instrumentation is easily viewed and accessible. There is plenty of room for driver and passengers. The back seat adusts as well which is unique. As a mid-size it is comparable to other, more expensive makes, as far as hauling capacity. The sound system is wonderful. During hot summer months the A/C cools quickly. I looked at other makes comparable in size priced in the $30,000's that I would normally purchase but for the money I choice this Torrent and have been pleased. Time will tell.

Best all-around SUV
By JeremyH on 02/11/08 13:38 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Looking for an SUV I wanted something that was a) all wheel/4 wheel drive b) could pull at least 3,500 lbs c) get decent gas mileage, d) have “cool-wow” features e) have above average build quality & f) not cost me $30-K. I found that the CRV & Rav4 can’t pull a boat & looked “toyish”. The Escape is smaller & gets worse gas mileage. Likewise, the Dodge Nitro/Jeep Liberty twins have lower MPG’s, & they just didn’t have a quality feel. The Torrent feels roomier inside than any of the other SUV’s, & it’s reliability ratings are good. Overall feel is that of a more expensive import. Gas mileage has been what I expected too: 17 city & up to 25 highway.

Poor interior design - don't recommend
By Joan on 01/26/08 08:22 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The performance of the Torrent has been wonderful. Was tail-ended, everyone safe, and the cost of repair was very reasonable because the rear bumper is in a couple of different parts. If the whole thing had been one piece, it would have been higher. The interior design is sorely lacking. If the cup holders are in use, the parking brake cannot be. You have to remove drinks from the holders to put on the parking brake as well as use the cigarette lighter for recharing cell phone. When putting on the parking brake by habit and there are drinks in the holders, the drinks spill or the holder is in danger of being broken. P Drives wonderfully. Fun. Even 17 year old son likes to drive it.

2007 AWD Pontiac Torrent
By Heidi on 12/26/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We really like our Pontiac Torrent. The exterior and interior are very well designed. I miss having a light by the vanity mirror. We love the leg room in the back seat. It's very reliable for us and comfortable for our entire family.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.