Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

07 Torrent
By Matt

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 07 torrent for two years now and love it! I have the upgrade package with XM, stereo upgrade, chrome polished wheels. I now have 53,000 miles on oit and I am looking at the new Torrent GXP. Bigger V-6. The only problem I have had with mine is the front wheel bearing went out on both sides. The dealer took care of it under warranty and gave me a rental. Tones of room for a samll to mid size SUV. Towes 3,500 lbs too!!

Favorite Features

Sliding rear seat, looks, towing, ride!

Suggested Improvements

cup holders, more power

A pleasure to drive
By LS

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first NEW car. Prior to this purchase, my new car was a 1992 Saturn that we bought in 2000, 45,000 miles. I have truly enjoyed my '07 Torrent. Purchased it in November of 2007 with 14,000 miles. It now has over 45,000 miles on it. We have driven it everywhere, Hot Springs, AR, Marksville, LA and Greenville, TX and several other family vacations. It's very comfortable,lots of room, great on gas and stylish. I was the only one with a Pontiac Torrent in our city and now they're everywhere; all colors. Our only problem, we had to replace a cracked spark plug at 40,000+ miles.StabiliTrak worked good when coming out of Greenville during a bad thunderstorm. Would buy again.

Favorite Features

Get up and go. Comfortably seats 5 people. My son is 6'1 - 6'2. He has plenty of head room and leg room in the front as well as in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Rethink cupholder and emergency brake location. Make the liftgate(trunk) open by remote like some of the minivans.

Good buy
By Scotsman

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

only downer is I don't like window controls on center console. Otherwise, this is a really good vehicle. I would buy another one

Favorite Features

Looks and giddyup. Adjustable back bench seat.

Suggested Improvements

Put window controls on door like the rest of the world.

Disgusted!
By C. Greer

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second brand new vehicle I have leased, I got out of an 05 Canyon thinking the Torrent would be better for the family, Boy was I WRONG!! I am absolutely disgusted with the Torrent, the fuel mileage isn't at all what I expected, the Stabilitrak has caused nothing but issues, there is a rumble up the centre of the vehicle everytime the roads are just wet. Not to mention the lack of control in the snow, I will never buy another vehicle with AWD again, nor will I deal with GM ever again! Their customer service and assistance have proved to be useless!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of stabilitrak or fix it properly the first time! Give your customers the service they deserve!

Great vehicle
By Janet Pierson

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Did lots of research before purchasing and after the test drive, I was sold. It has met my expectations. NO mechanical problems and took 2 week road trip and it was very comfortable. I planned on keeping this vehicle for many years, due to it's nice performance, handling and storage room. It has a 5 star crash rating and unfortunately I recently was involved in a serious collision with airbag deployment. I walked away from the car without a scratch or bruise! I will be looking for another Torrent to replace this one.

Favorite Features

Handling and performance. Price and available options.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality leather seats. The emergency brake and cup holder issue.