Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Hunk O Junk
By Mike

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Most unreliable vehicle I have ever seen! I have a rent-a-car for the 5th time in less than 2 months....all for the same problem. Talk about incompetent. The stabil-a-trac light comes on and I lose power almost causing accidents every time. I almost got rear-ended yesterday. Please do your homework beofre buying this vehicle. I think the mechanics that are working on it are borrowed from Toyota if you know what I mean. Thank God I leased this junk piece.

None

Yes, take your whole supposed trained mechanics back to school so they fix a car properly

lot of SUV for the money
By cubldr

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am tall and so are my kids and you gotta LOVE the rear legroom! Unbelievable. I was amazed at how much room this thing has. I share everyones frustration with ergonomics of front window controls, front seat adjuster, cupholders, but these are minor irritants. Had to have some warranty work done to correct some noisy valve operation in the engine but this is covered under the extended drivetrain warranty that comes with the vehicle. I sold GM vehicles in 2002-2003 with this same engine. I have MOST pleased with the 18-19 mpg my wife gets running the kids all over town everyday. Also much peppier in this configuration than Buick Rendezvous or GM minivans with this engine.

great looks (like a BMW SUV!) Rear legroom. GREAT price. good mileage for an SUV (18-19 in town)

ergonomics of emergency brake release, cupholders and electric driver seat controls. Loose the chrome trim around gear shift.

07 Torrent
By Matt

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 07 torrent for two years now and love it! I have the upgrade package with XM, stereo upgrade, chrome polished wheels. I now have 53,000 miles on oit and I am looking at the new Torrent GXP. Bigger V-6. The only problem I have had with mine is the front wheel bearing went out on both sides. The dealer took care of it under warranty and gave me a rental. Tones of room for a samll to mid size SUV. Towes 3,500 lbs too!!

Sliding rear seat, looks, towing, ride!

cup holders, more power

A pleasure to drive
By LS

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first NEW car. Prior to this purchase, my new car was a 1992 Saturn that we bought in 2000, 45,000 miles. I have truly enjoyed my '07 Torrent. Purchased it in November of 2007 with 14,000 miles. It now has over 45,000 miles on it. We have driven it everywhere, Hot Springs, AR, Marksville, LA and Greenville, TX and several other family vacations. It's very comfortable,lots of room, great on gas and stylish. I was the only one with a Pontiac Torrent in our city and now they're everywhere; all colors. Our only problem, we had to replace a cracked spark plug at 40,000+ miles.StabiliTrak worked good when coming out of Greenville during a bad thunderstorm. Would buy again.

Get up and go. Comfortably seats 5 people. My son is 6'1 - 6'2. He has plenty of head room and leg room in the front as well as in the back.

Rethink cupholder and emergency brake location. Make the liftgate(trunk) open by remote like some of the minivans.

Good buy
By Scotsman

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

only downer is I don't like window controls on center console. Otherwise, this is a really good vehicle. I would buy another one

Looks and giddyup. Adjustable back bench seat.

Put window controls on door like the rest of the world.