2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
07 Torrent
By Matt on 09/25/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 07 torrent for two years now and love it! I have the upgrade package with XM, stereo upgrade, chrome polished wheels. I now have 53,000 miles on oit and I am looking at the new Torrent GXP. Bigger V-6. The only problem I have had with mine is the front wheel bearing went out on both sides. The dealer took care of it under warranty and gave me a rental. Tones of room for a samll to mid size SUV. Towes 3,500 lbs too!!

A pleasure to drive
By LS on 07/08/09 22:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first NEW car. Prior to this purchase, my new car was a 1992 Saturn that we bought in 2000, 45,000 miles. I have truly enjoyed my '07 Torrent. Purchased it in November of 2007 with 14,000 miles. It now has over 45,000 miles on it. We have driven it everywhere, Hot Springs, AR, Marksville, LA and Greenville, TX and several other family vacations. It's very comfortable,lots of room, great on gas and stylish. I was the only one with a Pontiac Torrent in our city and now they're everywhere; all colors. Our only problem, we had to replace a cracked spark plug at 40,000+ miles.StabiliTrak worked good when coming out of Greenville during a bad thunderstorm. Would buy again.

Good buy
By Scotsman on 05/20/09 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

only downer is I don't like window controls on center console. Otherwise, this is a really good vehicle. I would buy another one

Disgusted!
By C. Greer on 04/14/09 07:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second brand new vehicle I have leased, I got out of an 05 Canyon thinking the Torrent would be better for the family, Boy was I WRONG!! I am absolutely disgusted with the Torrent, the fuel mileage isn't at all what I expected, the Stabilitrak has caused nothing but issues, there is a rumble up the centre of the vehicle everytime the roads are just wet. Not to mention the lack of control in the snow, I will never buy another vehicle with AWD again, nor will I deal with GM ever again! Their customer service and assistance have proved to be useless!

Great vehicle
By Janet Pierson on 04/11/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Did lots of research before purchasing and after the test drive, I was sold. It has met my expectations. NO mechanical problems and took 2 week road trip and it was very comfortable. I planned on keeping this vehicle for many years, due to it's nice performance, handling and storage room. It has a 5 star crash rating and unfortunately I recently was involved in a serious collision with airbag deployment. I walked away from the car without a scratch or bruise! I will be looking for another Torrent to replace this one.

good for awhile... then, not so good....
By rp on 04/11/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Own a 2007 fwd torrent - seemed like a good vehicle for first 20000kms, then - a lot of little/annoying things started to happen: - tire pressure sensor malfunction [still is, despite two trips to dealer]... signal lights work, but 'clicker' has stopped working..driver door lock malfunction [cant autolock all doors]...traction control system is MORE OF A HAZARD THAN ANYTHING - I turn it OFF whenever I'm driving in snow and ice [which is very often!]...parking brake / cupholder design is poor to say the least ... there are better vehicles out there for similar price.....my 2004 pontiac montana was a much better vehicle...

Not a winter vehicle
By Heather on 03/16/09 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My Torrent is definately not a winter vehicle. Slips and slides and I get zero traction. Basically, I come to a rolling stop at stop signs, because I know I won't get traction to get going again. The traction control is a joke. I had my Torrent for a month, and the traction control went out. They claimed they fixed it, but it still doesn't work properly. Will be trading for a roomier SUV, this fall. Also, you'd think for a smaller SUV, it would get better gas mileage. I can get as bad as 9 mpg, driving in town, and up to 25 on the highway. For how small it is, I would like to see it get way better mileage than that!!

Love It
By S.Roylance on 11/17/08 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We took our Torrent for test drive and knew that this was our vehicle. I love the leather seats. The only thing that I would like to see is the cup holders and the emergency brake changed. They are a pain where they are and the window controls took a bit to get used to, but overall I love my Torrent and will be buying another one when this one is too old.

Very Dissappointed Torrent Owner
By Vincent Smith on 10/23/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because I fell in love with the style. I have had nothing but problems with it since day one. I must have got a real lemon. I am now involved with GM Head Office. The file folder I have on this vehicle is to big to mention. Everything has gone on it but the Dealership in my hometown of Orillia never seems to be able to agree with my findings of course. Hoping to trade it in soon. The unfortunate part is I love the vehicle so much I am considering taking another Torrent for a test drive. I hope they are not all of the same quality.

Nice CUV
By Mark C on 09/14/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for almost a year now and have not had a problem with it. It drives very smooth, very appealing exterior which is hard to find right now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.