Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent SUV Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Torrent SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Water pert near floating spare tire
By laniki

2007 Pontiac Torrent SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I can not find the source of the leak. I had to use the spare in the middle of winter and had to chip ice in the middle of a snow storm to access my spare!!! I almost tore out the wires for the trailer plug removing it!
Car washes and heavy rain fill this compartment up to the tire!!! I have caulked all possible leak points that I can see to no avail. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Good engine, not alot of power, but good fuel economy. It rides nice and handles great in all conditions.

Window switches in poor location, chromed shifter housing reflects glare which is dangerous. The drink holders are terrible.

Unsafe and gm knows this!
By bandaide

2007 Pontiac Torrent SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Gm has posted a service bulletin on the stabilitrack control steering issue yet choose to overlook it knowing that people have died from this. I bought my car a year ago because I love pontiacs. I regret every day I turn the key as I wonder if it will be my last from driving this car. I cannot take it on long trips as the steering starts going (stabilitrack) which is a well know problem. I have tried to get a dealer to fix this but they say it's all on me as gm has not seen fit to deem this known issue as a recall though it is widespread and deadly. Perhaps it is because you no longer make them and figure we will eventially we will all go away. You are right-go away to a ford!!

Fix the stabilitrack!! Make it safe.

Still keeps on going
By stillluvit

2007 Pontiac Torrent SUV 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought mine new in 2006 with all options except AWD...didn't need it...had great tires...now it has 159000 miles and continues to be comfortable, quiet and great on gas...don't know where the naysayers got there's or how they drove it...if Pontiac still sold these, I'd get one.

Sigh, at least the car LOOKS nice.
By ashleyxmarie

2007 Pontiac Torrent SUV 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Only good thing is the styling and power.Bought it as a "GM certified pre-owned"vehicle going through a 101-point inspection. LIES. Purchased it with 33,000 miles on it. It nwo has 68,000. Since purchasing the car several things have occurred: Valve stems cracked within three weeks of purchase & had to get the car towed because of the flat tire. GM paid for the towing. Alternator went out in one year. Spoiler (YES, the SPOILER) became loose and came off
and they didnt cover it. GM customer service a joke! The car randomly leaks in the back when going into a high pressured car wash. Black cloth seats get mysterious irremovable water stains? Sucks in the snow/ rain. Traction control is a joke

Interior/exterior design. Computer features such as oil life indicator, tire pressure PSI readings, etc., AUX jack, roomy, decent gas mileage, power

Hah.

Love my '07 Torrent
By RODEONan

2007 Pontiac Torrent SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Guess I got lucky, I love my Torrent! We downsized from a Chevy Suburban. Sure there are little things like the chrome on the shifter, a spot on the outside mirrors can catch the sun just right @ 0600 & the rubber seal on the front windows can come loose, needing pushed back in, but overall, very reliable car. Handles great in snow, mud, rain & in the fields. Other cars slip & slide, mine stays true, haven't felt this good behind the wheel since dads '80 Auto 4WD AMC Eagle, my '80 Mazda GLC (rear wheel drive) & my '93 Subaru Loyale (on demand 4WD). Folks carried star route mail rts, we've driven all kinds of cars in all kinds of conditions. We find a car we like, we try & keep it!

Can switch between All-wheel drive & two Wheel drive. Handles great! All the boys wrestling gear, track gear and rodeo gear fits fine with plenty of leg room to spare. Love the get up and go the engine has..thank goodness for cruise control ;o)

No chrome on the shifter, on outside mirrors-use a black matte rubber halfway up to reduce glare in the top inside corner, better fitting rubber seal in windows..just little things, mostly cosmetic and I do miss that 2nd backseat from my Suburban, to separate my boys