2007 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
Sigh, at least the car LOOKS nice.
By ashleyxmarie on 12/09/11 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Only good thing is the styling and power.Bought it as a "GM certified pre-owned"vehicle going through a 101-point inspection. LIES. Purchased it with 33,000 miles on it. It nwo has 68,000. Since purchasing the car several things have occurred: Valve stems cracked within three weeks of purchase & had to get the car towed because of the flat tire. GM paid for the towing. Alternator went out in one year. Spoiler (YES, the SPOILER) became loose and came off and they didnt cover it. GM customer service a joke! The car randomly leaks in the back when going into a high pressured car wash. Black cloth seats get mysterious irremovable water stains? Sucks in the snow/ rain. Traction control is a joke

Love my '07 Torrent
By RODEONan on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Guess I got lucky, I love my Torrent! We downsized from a Chevy Suburban. Sure there are little things like the chrome on the shifter, a spot on the outside mirrors can catch the sun just right @ 0600 & the rubber seal on the front windows can come loose, needing pushed back in, but overall, very reliable car. Handles great in snow, mud, rain & in the fields. Other cars slip & slide, mine stays true, haven't felt this good behind the wheel since dads '80 Auto 4WD AMC Eagle, my '80 Mazda GLC (rear wheel drive) & my '93 Subaru Loyale (on demand 4WD). Folks carried star route mail rts, we've driven all kinds of cars in all kinds of conditions. We find a car we like, we try & keep it!

GM should Be ASHAMED
By jcc on 08/26/10 01:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned gm cars for over 40 years this is a piece of #### water leaks when it rains hard, dealer unable to find leak, unable to remove key from ignition at any given time, wind leaks it has very cheap interior, drive train is solid however this not an America made vehicle no parts made in USA zero

Not a great Vechile
By Frank Weir on 07/31/10 08:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used last year. First rain storm found out how poor it handles in the rain. Traction control is scary when it comes on. It came with four good snow tires but is total useless in the snow. When on ling trip this summer and had reasonable trip except when it rained. Found that the spare tire compartment fills with water when it rains. Lost right side from stereo and the turn signal has no sound. First and last GM product.

2007 Torrent
By LC on 07/30/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2007 and unfortunately totaled this vehicle recently. This vehicle saved my life. I walked away from a major accident with bruises. Vehicle is great on gas and is fun to drive. Cup holder and emergency brake are placed in a poor position but everything else is exceptional. Never purchase AFTER market products with this vehicle.. Dealer installed sunroof and it caused battery failure many times. Also, I thought this truck did not ride well in rain and snow but now realize after reading this site realize this may be a MAJOR fault with this vehicle. Traction control is poor and ironically my accident occurred in the rain..

Stabilitrak
By L Bgard on 07/23/10 12:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my vehicle in June 07 and less than 6 mths later the back tires locked up (while I had my 2 mth old in the car!) and the stabilitrak lights came on. Brought it to the dealer and they fixed (so I thought). One month after my warranty ran out, the light came on again and my steering wheel locked up. I didn't bring it back to the dealer, but figured out it must b a computer glitch. If I turn my car off wait a few seconds then turn it back on, the light normally goes off and the wheel unlocks. This must be a problem with this particular vehicle! Don't purchase this vehicle in an awd! The paint on the window buttons located by the stick shift rubbed off. Looks like crap now. Seat stitching pulled apart

A Few Problems!
By Sandra Opsal on 06/06/10 11:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Torrent for 3+ years and its been fairly reliable until recently. Had a problem with stabilitrac and traction control lights coming on, they had to replace a valve (don't have paperwork in front of me). Just returned from a 500 mile road trip and stabilitrac light just came on again. Also car sounds like a plane ready for take off - transmission? Will be bringing that to dealership tomorrow. No extended warranty. Hope the powertrain warranty covers it. Have 48,000 miles on it and this could be the first serious problem I've had with it. Otherwise, have enjoyed driving it. Wish mileage were better but it is good on long trips and better in summer (21-22) than winter (19).

Hunk O Junk
By Mike on 03/02/10 17:10 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Most unreliable vehicle I have ever seen! I have a rent-a-car for the 5th time in less than 2 months....all for the same problem. Talk about incompetent. The stabil-a-trac light comes on and I lose power almost causing accidents every time. I almost got rear-ended yesterday. Please do your homework beofre buying this vehicle. I think the mechanics that are working on it are borrowed from Toyota if you know what I mean. Thank God I leased this junk piece.

lot of SUV for the money
By cubldr on 10/29/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am tall and so are my kids and you gotta LOVE the rear legroom! Unbelievable. I was amazed at how much room this thing has. I share everyones frustration with ergonomics of front window controls, front seat adjuster, cupholders, but these are minor irritants. Had to have some warranty work done to correct some noisy valve operation in the engine but this is covered under the extended drivetrain warranty that comes with the vehicle. I sold GM vehicles in 2002-2003 with this same engine. I have MOST pleased with the 18-19 mpg my wife gets running the kids all over town everyday. Also much peppier in this configuration than Buick Rendezvous or GM minivans with this engine.

07 Torrent
By Matt on 09/25/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 07 torrent for two years now and love it! I have the upgrade package with XM, stereo upgrade, chrome polished wheels. I now have 53,000 miles on oit and I am looking at the new Torrent GXP. Bigger V-6. The only problem I have had with mine is the front wheel bearing went out on both sides. The dealer took care of it under warranty and gave me a rental. Tones of room for a samll to mid size SUV. Towes 3,500 lbs too!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.