2005 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Review: Good Car, Some Faults

2005 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Review

2005 Pontiac Sunfire

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good Car, Some Faults
By davyd on

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got an '05 Sunfire with roughly 117000 miles on it, it's still going strong! Except the gauges... I'm not sure if it has something to do with the heat, but everything works at night and in the mornings. But everyday after school, after my car has been sitting in the sun for 8 hours, the gauges like to "stick". I don't know if this is happenign to everyone or just me. I think it's a very nice first car, it's got a nice accelation, and gass isn't too terrible on it. But my only problem with it is the Gauges. I'm not sure if it's electrical and can be fixed manually, but if anyone knows anything, please tell me.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By redguru
on 03/07/12 12:20 PM (PST)

This happened to my gauges and then my speedometer stopped working altogether. I had to install a new instrument cluster at 80k.

By sunfirechica
on 10/01/12 14:52 PM (PDT)

My guages at about 89,000 also went out. I haven't gotten it fixed because I went to a few mechanics and they said they'd have to send it back to GM factory to get it fixed and wouldn't give me a good estimate. Redguru any chance you can share how much it cost?