Used 2005 Pontiac Sunfire Base Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Sunfire

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

It's not just a car it's a Sunfire
By adc1990

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this 2004 Pontiac Sunfire its a bronze color but it looks more like a brown/ silver color. This car can get to high speeds quickly for a affordable car. Hear the engine roar with the Sunfire. So far its been nothing but good to me its always reliable. Everything on the car is impeccable, it works to the "t" and Pontiac didn't miss a beat. The design is alright nice bulky interior, seats are fairly comfortable. This car makes you feel good when you drive it, it rides nice and smooth and everything about the car is awesome. I would say the one downfall is the stereo. Its not the best my speakers sound like crap so I'm replacing them and the stereo and putting my 12" in the back.

engine 2.2 L 140 hp body shape lights seats interior

i suggest Pontiac should improve handling just a bit more its still really good though and also to improve the stereo its not the best

Fun to build on
By jas

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my sunfire. I have actually built onto it by putting two 12 in. subs in the trunk and a 1000 watt amp. I also put in a new indash that sweetens up the ride along with lowering it 2 inches and putting 17 inch rims on it. I love my car!!!

the color of my car, its a beautiful blue

cup holders suck though and i wish the window motors would stop going out

Love my sunfire
By teri

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Sunfire for 2 years and drive 50 miles ( all highway) to work and 50 miles home 6 days a week, and I love my car. I too don't think these cars got the reviews they deserved. I love the fold down seats in the back... so much more room ! The gas mileage is great ! the only suggestion I would have is the placement of the cup holders but other than thats it's a great little car. I have put 40k miles on it in two years and it still runs like a charm !

The gas mileage and the fold down seats. I do NASCAR and I can pack everything I need in my car for a week of camping !

Like I said earlier the only change I would suggest is the placement of the cup holders !

Alright
By Alright

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like the Pontiac Sunfire, but my car has a stalling problem. Since I've had this car, I've had to already put in several hundred dollars into it, for Muffler, A-Arm on Front passenger side wheel, and still trying to figure out why it dies on me in the middle of driving. Other than that, I like the car. It gets really great gas mileage! 295 miles to a tank. I averaged about 28 miles a gallon. Its comfortable and has some get up and go. If you punch the gas, make sure your car shifts (I have an automatic) but it still tends to hit 6 RPM and not shift.

Color, Size, Parking, Interior, Exterior

Stop the stalling problem, Bad placement for cup holders, in front of A/C- Heat controls. Transmission shifting.

Can't Wait To Get Rid Of This Car
By Carla

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had major problems with this car: "Theft deterrent system" went down, making the car think I was trying to steal it, and stranded me on a cold December night. Ignition coil and spark plug crapped out, leaving me stranded again, as the car was basically running on just two cylinders. It's going into the shop tonight for replacement of the catalytic converter, which is plugging up. Driver's side keyless entry doesn't work. Well, the electronics work, but the lock won't unengage. I have to open it with the key, and it turns really hard; will probably break off in the lock someday. In short ... I despise this car. Thank heaven it's still under warranty.

Unlike other reviewers, I find the seats to be quite comfortable. It's also a fun car to drive, when it's actually running.

Good thing they discontinued it; that's the best improvement they could have made. It's just not reliable.