Used 2005 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Sunfire

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

Good Car, Some Faults
By davyd

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got an '05 Sunfire with roughly 117000 miles on it, it's still going strong! Except the gauges... I'm not sure if it has something to do with the heat, but everything works at night and in the mornings. But everyday after school, after my car has been sitting in the sun for 8 hours, the gauges like to "stick". I don't know if this is happenign to everyone or just me. I think it's a very nice first car, it's got a nice accelation, and gass isn't too terrible on it. But my only problem with it is the Gauges. I'm not sure if it's electrical and can be fixed manually, but if anyone knows anything, please tell me.

Happy so far!
By swimtime7

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased my first car... 2005 Pontiac Sunfire base with air conditioning being the only option, no power windows, no power locks. It was 4000 with 86,100 miles on it. Obviously, since it's my first car I love it, but seriously this is a fun car to drive, and the 5 speed stick shift just adds to the fun! This is the best year reliability wise for the Sunfire, and in my opinion I think this was the best design of the Sunfire series. I do wish i at least had a cassette or cd player, but until i come up with the $$ for a new head unit, my Belkin Auto FM Transmitter will do just fine. So far so good!

5 speed manual transmission, clutch, looks, electric blue color, 3 spoke hub cap covers, speakers, fun to drive!

At least make cassette standard instead of an AM FM stereo, plastic GM interior is bland and noisy as usual, shift boot is cheap and bracket broke so it moves sometimes when shifting

6 yrs and going strong
By ddeaves

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my little sunfire new in 2005. I got the sport package with the snazzy wheels and side designs. I have had more complements on this Electric Blue car, than my red mustang! It just looks FAST and sporty. I'm not even a big fan of blue, but people love it. I have never had to do a thing to it, just reg. oil changes, runs great. I only have 35,000 miles on it, but I'm pretty rough on a car, and it has done well, and is still BEAUTIFUL. I have the 5 speed manuel, gets good gas mileage, about 33 hwy, 25 in town. My kids all say it is a really rough passenger ride, but as the driver, I don't notice it. It has a lot of get up and go (torque).

Loved my Sunfire
By banaMwape

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's been almost a year since I lost my Sunfire, but I loved it! Tires were the only regular problem I had. But after four years, the battery only stalled on me once, and the window motor started shorting. But those were minor problems compared to the fact that I was able to move efficiently. I took many 14 hour road trips in my little sunfire. Comfort was a bit short on those trips, but gas mileage could not match to most other cars. $60 could get me from Tucson to Dallas easy. I loved the sunroof. Rarely used the MP3 player. Loved the sound. Loved the mobility. Loved the style. It was my first car so maybe I'm a bit bias here, but still! Pontiac Sunfire = Amazing First Car!

Sunroof

Speed cruise please!

05 Pontiac Sunfire
By ladevic

2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my sunfire with 5,000 miles on it. It had done well besides some issues.. The first was the dash, had to replace that after two weeks since the gauges all fell.. now my problem is the electrical, things keep shorting out.. other than that the car is great. Drive to NY twice a year 700 miles each way, to Fla each year and to work each day. Knock on wood, it hasn't failed me yet. Great at high speeds, low speeds and gas mileage is the best. Oil changes every 5-7000 miles..

Sunroof, radio, and being low to the ground The seat belt system in back is great for kids.

Better cup holders, better electrical system, more room for seat to slide up