Used 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

It's 2015 and my sunfire has - 201,890
By Kimberly Ward

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this sunfire for over 10 years and I love it to deaf! I hope I can get another 50,000 miles before I have to replace it. I have had to do the list of repairs over the last 10 years, but mind you I had no car note :) Alternator Window motor Tune up Windshield motor Timing belt Of course, oil changes, brakes and tires.

If you have one of these, sell it!
By ahnalia

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

First the ICP had to be replaced, then the transmission started acting up, then the key wouldn't come out of the ignition, but the final straw is the fact at a mere 25 mile per hour front end collsion, the car I hit was fine with very little damage.. my sunfire on the otherhand, was completely and utterly destroyed. The airbags did deploy, and no one was seriously hurt, but the car itself, I am beyond words of how utterly destroyed the car is. Total loss, engine is nearly inside the dashboard, window shattered, hood is almost up to the windshield. Flimsy design and completely unsafe IMO. If you own one of these, sell it NOW! You may be saving a life! I will NEVER buy another GM car-ever!

well is WAS cute to look at...

none since the car is no longer made.

I'm having doubts
By ahnalia

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have read a lot of good reviews about this car. I found one for sale with very low mileage, only 70k miles. Within 2 days of buying it, the ICP went out, so I had to replace that for $230.00. Not even a week later there was a loud knocking noice when I turned on the defroster, so now that will need replaced too. I know when you buy a used car, you take a risk, but I have -never- had a car start having problems within TWO days of buying it. It seems to drive OK, but I am having a lot of doubts about tyhe electrical system. It does handle good on ice, but doesn't have a lot of "Get up and go" it feels sort of laggy. It is a pretty car though, but still, I'm not impressed.

Sporty look, sound system is nice, easy car to drive.

GM really needs to fix the faulty ICP's.

Best car I've ever owed!
By holly4troy

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am in search of another car due to a collision with a deer and am so disappointed because I loved both my Sunfires I have owed. My first was a 2004 yellow Sunfire and most recently at 2005 orange Sunfire. They both were always reliable, never had any problems with either one except for the CD player in my most recent. Never could get it to work properly without it wanted to eat a CD. Other than that, I LOVED both cars and wish I could find another! ** I had to select a model but both were automatic and not 5 speed but automatic was not an option to choose.

Sunroof!

Sound system.

Want it back
By 67carjunkie

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my car until I got hit on the back right side. Edmunds said that it has poor side crash test mine survived the crash much better then the 08 civic. Was not the fastest car but it was decent just couldn't get me out of the crash. Edmunds also said not that fast but I beat a brand new mazda 6 with a 04 sunfire that had 4 cylinders.

Great car don't care what people say they don't know what it is until they drive

Little stronger engine but to late now Pontiac is gone

• SUV