2004 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:
I Love My Sunfire
By Sherrona on 06/10/09 05:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After test driving the Pontiac Solstice (and deciding I wanted the car) I spotted a used rally yellow Sunfire for a third of the price in the car lot. I was sold after just two blocks of the test drive and a year later, I have nothing but great things to say about this car. My only expenditures have been gas and a couple oil changes. You turn the key and the car starts and is the most reliable vehicle I've ever driven. I recommend this care Sunfire to anyone who wants a reliable, economical vehicle that's fun to drive. Love the sunroof & the stereo (above average). Only drawback is the police love to stop me ---sporty car profiling at it's worse as I've yet to get a ticket!

My first car!
By L33y4 on 05/28/08 07:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought this car used with only 50,000 km on it. It was extremely cheap, and that's why I got it. Its my first manual transmission, and it's so fun to drive! Nothing has gone wrong yet, and hopefully won't for a while! Though the 2 middle air vents don't work. I didn't realize it until after I got the car. I'm sure its fixable though. Before this I drove a cheap little Korean car, and compared to that thing, the Sunfire looks and feels like a $40,000 car! I will never drive foreign again! American cars have more fun features to offer with better quality too! Besides the body lasts forever on American.

Car
By Heather on 04/16/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and have already had problems with the engine. They had to replace the engine at 10,000, a factory defect. I have not been happy with this vehicle from the start and wanted to return it, but they would not. Once a lemon always a lemon, now I have 54,000 km on it and one of the bearing is totally disintegrated. Now Gm is wondering why, purpose because it was a lemon from the beginning. I am not carless, they do not give courtesy cars to powertrain warranty customers and they seem to be taking there sweet time. I put in several complaints about this car in the past and got no where. I'm sure they just thought I was a complainer. HATE this car,never will buy again

best small gm car ever
By maureen s. on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second sunfire purchase and I love this one as much as the first if not more. It's a great car and I have no complaints at all.

This is an excellent car, very easy
By jcpcmex on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove from Mexico City to La Paz, Baja California and the car has an excellent behavior, taking in consideration the roads in Mexico, the Pontiac is excellent.

I like it!
By Prunedaler on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got this car after nine years of minivans. No comparison in interior size, of course, and the minivans had many more conveniences, but I really like driving this car, and I think it looks cool. Mine is orange.

fun to drive
By devea on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

fun,Easy to drive,handles good,and poeple do like the car.and alot of people don't know what kind it is

Sunfire SE Rocks
By Trident on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best cars I've ever owned including my GTO's