2003 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (65 reviews )
JUST OUT OF THE BOX!!!
By Porche on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my new sunfire last week and I love it. I've been driving vans, and SUV's for the past 7 years and it's really nice to have something that handles so well and sporty looking too. It's as close to a firebird as I will probably ever get and I truly hope it turns out to be as good on fuel as I hope. I actually got 30 miles per gallon on my 1st tank of gas.Sure beats the heck out of 15. Hope it gives me good service for a long time.

not the sweetest thing
By elizabeth on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I personally have not been impressed with this car. I think that it is a very attractive car on the outside & that is what attracts a lot of people to this vehicle, but I would recommend talking to someone who owns one before purchasing one. I wish that I had!!!

Very Very Mediocare
By speed devil on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's braking is soft and very unpredictable. I've almost been in serious accidents because the breaks did not respond.Handling is just okay but traction is good because of the widetrac. The paint is horrible and the dirt wont wash off the glued on side panels. All the instruments are cheap and the screen for the clock and cd player overheats and sometimes feels like it will light on fire. The only thing that is really good is the stock cd player. Safety wise its a tank, but I dont know how it would be in a big accident. Overall I would not recommend the car unless you will buy it, rip the system out of it and re-sell it.

A mixed bag
By Patty Aspen on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like the style of the car, as well as the fuel efficiency, but I think it is very cheaply built compared to other cars I've had. The windshield wipers won't go all the way down anymore. Screws are coming undone on the interior and the plastic that covers where the seatbeats attach has broken off and looks unsightly. It's been fairly reliable except that the check engine light comes on and off randomly.

Pontiac Sunfire
By Cars4me89 on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Especially because of the Pontiac Wide Trac. Pontiac has a reputation for performance and that was definetly met.