2003 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (65 reviews )
Big Bang for Little Bucks!
By BluByU on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car. I have driven many other makes and models over the years, but the 2003 Sunfire is by far the best bang for the buck! It is absolutly stunning in it's appearance. I have the Blue color and I get at least 2 - 4 complements everyday either on the color or the look of the car. The transmission is so smoth (Auto). I live in the mountains of NH, and I can do a steady 80 up hill and not even feel any hesitation or shifting. The only other car I ever drove that was faster was a 70's Pontiac Catalina. And from the front it looks so tough coming at you. I LOVE it and won't ever give it up! Pontiac fan for life.

Awesome car!
By Krystle Heartso on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my 2003 Pontiac Sunfire, it's awesome. It rides well and it's fun. I don't like the older ones, but this of is defanitly nice. I had a problem the day I got it with the air conditioner, but I took it back to get it fixed.

Having doubts
By SueSue on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

very good looking car. milage, excellent. price, a bit high for the quality of workmanship. Too much plastic. Metal very light and flimbsy...feel like tin. I do not expect to be able to keep this car for more than 3 years, unlike other cars that I've own for over 15 years, I own a 92 Grand Prix SEL...excellent car! I also own a Volkwagon Vanagon '86, still running like sa clock. And like that you may see, I take care of my cars and if they are made to last...they will last with me. I do not feel this will be the case with the Sunfire. Having my doubts, hoping I am wrong. Thank you, Sue

The sunfire is Hot!!!
By Lavicius on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The sunfire was my first new car and I must admit that it wasn't the car that I had planned on getting. Once the sales rep suggested that maybe I should give this car a test drive. I was in love!!! My sunfire is fully loaded and black, its beautiful adn the ride is soo smooth. I travel a lot and the mileage that you get per gallon is wonderful. I love my Sunfire, I love it so much I named mine, her name is Baby Girl.

The mean looking sunfire
By JAH36 on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Trade in my 98 4 door sedan for the 2003 fell in love with it. Very quick and fast, love the stereo system

good
By StacyBaby on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just LOVE my 2003 sunfire!!!

SunfiresFine
By newoldtex on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well designed sporty looking, fun-to- drive yet roomy car. Well thought out, with convenient features. Exceptional left leg room, and plenty of head room, is skip sun roof. Only negative, seat belt strap location due to door post behind you. Of many past cars, I am enjoying this one best. JHS

2003 Pontiac Sunfire
By stephen g on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this 2003 Sunfire for about a month now. Awesome fun! I'm 44 and wanted an inexpensive car just to run around in. This one might end up being my primary car it is so much fun. I have the 1SC package with everything except power windows. Recommend it for any individual. I let our 17 year old daughter drive it a couple times, now I might not get it back!

can't beat this price
By cruella on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was bought for a sixteen year old. For a first car, you can't beat the price and the extras. It has all the cool features like a sunroof, sporty look, CD player. What else could you want? Kids don't need a race car---they just want "the look", and she absolutely loves it!

SUNFIRE worth a look in this class!!
By gkxp on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2003 Sunfire with the 2.2L Ecotec. The Sunfire is quiet at idle and quick with only a slight rumble from the dual exhaust during acceleration. If you are in the market for a Cavalier or Ion from GM, I would definitely also check out the Sunfire. Also if you are looking at a Civic Coupe, I would STRONGLY recommend a visit to test-drive the faster, more stylish and better equipped Sunfire!