Used 2001 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

The Best Car Ever! 😄
By Karen Guiles

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car is an automatic. I bought my car 11/01/2000 and it had only 7 miles on it and now has 117000. I love the car! It was perfect until the last 2 years. It's had the Fuel Pump, starter and transmission replaced now. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to have it garage kept so the paint is failing. My Son bought me a new car so I'll sadly be finding a new home for my Sunfire. I'm very attached but just don't need 2 cars and don't need to pay Insurance, Registration and Inspection on both. If it's well maintained it will last for years!

Evertything is great!

Best. Car. Ever.
By selinamarie

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For my first car, I chose this cute little 2001 Pontiac Sunfire. I had no idea what I was getting into- it was a Craigslist find. I started out with 140 k miles, and now it is at 151 k and still running pretty well. Several cars I've looked at that are newer seem to have issues at this point in the odometer stats. The only major problem I've ever had were the brakes as well as my gear shifter becoming loose. My CD player sucks, and the window motors are going bad, but this is an easy fix. The previous owners said this little champ got them to Arizona and back from New York!

I just love it altogether. It's sleek, pretty, easy to clean, reliable, and simple. I get 24/30 mpg. I only have to fill it up biweekly.

I love my black 2001 Sunfire
By Zeak Harbors

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car new with 5 miles and have had it up to this point. I drove the hell out of that car. It's fast with good acceleration has a sporty look that is totally unique and I enjoyed the interior design. Comfortable ride. It handles well as i drive like a maniac and it has had minor problems (oil leak, fuel pump) but is a solid car. It's a tank in the winter. The FWD got me through many awful WV winters. I would run this car until it explodes if the value wasn't so low. I know some have problems but mine was built well enough to last my teenage rambunctiousness and get me though college as well as take me on many vacations. For the price it is the best there is and I would buy it again...

Sleek sporty look, good engine/acceleration,and the fact that it's 100% awesome.

Better stereo unit, trunk button (seriously GM?)

186k and still strong
By Sid

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car at 186k miles and the car still runs perfect, so far. Seems very reliable, pretty good on gas and fast. Overall not bad at all.

Stereo, Traction Control, Speed/horsepower for a chicks car, exterior design not too bad,

Outside noise, suspension (maybe mine is just worn out), interior design (seatbelt is hard to reach sometimes and I'm average size athletic shape), safety flaws in design (no cushion for a side collision).

Commuter car only!
By Andddy P

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am very unpleased with my purchase of this car it does not get the gas mileage it is supposed to i will be lucky to get 20 miles to the gallon. The interior looks like something you would see at a dentists office, and the exterior design makes it seem as if it would have a nice amount of hp but instead this sunflower is equipped with 115 hp. I bought this car 08/07 and it had 9,000 miles on it but i should have looked at more reviews before making my purchase

This car has a very good audio system and this car is very reliable

More hp for exterior look better interior, actually basically gm should just start over