Used 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe - Consumer Reviews

GT Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:
Fullfilled My Expectations
By Leanne on 09/13/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought almost new, In total, i have put 110K on it. I have had almost no issues at all in the 6 years I've had it. I still get 28 mpg avg. It has been a good investment; paid off 2 years ago and kept on going. For a 4 cyl. it goes pretty well, no trouble passing, and travels well at 60+. Had recent starter trouble, replaced it, no problem since. Also gas gauge seems to be off sometimes, but i've never had it looked at. I live in upstate NY, not great in snow, but not horrible, however RUSTED a LOT! I'm not in love with this car, but I wasn't when I bought it. I wanted a little cheap car for lots of driving, got good mileage etc, and it filled my needs and was very reliable and fun.

mine
By green machine on 04/18/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Lots of small repairs but worth it. Steering is awesome but braking is ok.

The Little Engine That Could
By Scoop444 on 07/23/06 08:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought a red GT in 2004 with 60K Miles on it. Beautiful car, monsoon radio really pumped, I also added and amp with 3 10'' speakers. I am in the army and my hometown is about 320 miles away, so I went home a lot. I used to fly up and down i-95. This car accelerates fast and handles exceptionally well. But after 4 months of use, the engine gave out on me. I replaced the engine and she never drove quite the same. The CD player stopped working after 7 months as well as the LCD display for the Monsoon audio system. You cannot replace the radio head unit because Monsoon wiring techniques. Door handle fell off and I had too super glue it back on. Its a tank tho.

Great car!
By magslena on 02/19/05 01:14 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been surprisingly good. I was looking for a sporty yet cheap car to take me to school and back. I absolutely love the power, it has a great get-up and go, it doesnt lag behind like other similar models. The GT style and model is what makes the Sunfire.

GT is well worth it!
By Kurtis L. Roesler on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I had a Teal 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe and absolutily loved it! It was hands down one of the best cars ever made, especailly with the ever-so- sporty GT package! Sadly enough though, I was only able to hold onto the car for 10 days because on the 10th day I had it, I was ran off the road in the country by and old man and I skid accross the road into a ditch and flipped. Rest assure if your car does this, it will be totaled; mine was! But unbelievably, I got out with only a few minor scratches on my arm and a stiff neck, so this is also a VERY safe car. It saved my life!

GT is worth the extra money!
By mags118 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I can't seem to understand why some individuals complain about Pontiac and the Sunfire in general. Sure, if you have the SE model, the performance won't be as high as a GT. Personally, I love the GT model. It rides great, it's pretty smooth, and it has a great get- up-and-go from the minute the light turns green. No problems here!

Don't waste your money
By xar256 on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car was great to look at when I first started shopping for cars. Over time, it proved to be a much bigger headache than it was ever worth. In 3 years time the car went through 5 factory sterios, 2 strut mounts, 2 wheel bearings, both wiper motors, and the windshield washer resovoir. Pontiac did little to help the issue. Very poor ratings by several other people I know who HAD these cars including a blown engine at 50000km. Proper maint had been performed on all these vehicals, they are just poorly made, and can't hold a resale value. My 23 year old full size 6 cylinder van gets better milage. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Very nice but can use 100 HP more
By daVE on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Very awsome with the storm package...