Used 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

Fullfilled My Expectations
By Leanne

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought almost new, In total, i have put 110K on it. I have had almost no issues at all in the 6 years I've had it. I still get 28 mpg avg. It has been a good investment; paid off 2 years ago and kept on going. For a 4 cyl. it goes pretty well, no trouble passing, and travels well at 60+. Had recent starter trouble, replaced it, no problem since. Also gas gauge seems to be off sometimes, but i've never had it looked at. I live in upstate NY, not great in snow, but not horrible, however RUSTED a LOT! I'm not in love with this car, but I wasn't when I bought it. I wanted a little cheap car for lots of driving, got good mileage etc, and it filled my needs and was very reliable and fun.

Good sound system, nice big windshield, good visibility, good gas mileage, nice sized trunk and fold down seats. Reliable, comfy for a small sedan.

Move window controls from console, A/C- heat seemed to always be too hot or too cold, and blower didn't work as well at lower levels. Also, i have had complaints about location of passenger side seat belt.

mine
By green machine

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Lots of small repairs but worth it. Steering is awesome but braking is ok.

Cheap replacement parts

Disk brakes all around. Better auto trans shifter

The Little Engine That Could
By Scoop444

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought a red GT in 2004 with 60K Miles on it. Beautiful car, monsoon radio really pumped, I also added and amp with 3 10'' speakers. I am in the army and my hometown is about 320 miles away, so I went home a lot. I used to fly up and down i-95. This car accelerates fast and handles exceptionally well. But after 4 months of use, the engine gave out on me. I replaced the engine and she never drove quite the same. The CD player stopped working after 7 months as well as the LCD display for the Monsoon audio system. You cannot replace the radio head unit because Monsoon wiring techniques. Door handle fell off and I had too super glue it back on. Its a tank tho.

Its a beauty! The headlights give an awesome eerie look at night. This car took a lickin and kept on ticking for the most part, with all the trouble I had out of her, I will buy my "Little Red Riding Hood" again.

Inside looks really cheap. Monsoon system needs to be able to be customized. Better gas milage. And a more reliable engine. Also can I ask for some black leather seats?

Great car!
By magslena

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been surprisingly good. I was looking for a sporty yet cheap car to take me to school and back. I absolutely love the power, it has a great get-up and go, it doesnt lag behind like other similar models. The GT style and model is what makes the Sunfire.

Pretty much everything that was extra - I love the Monsoon stereo, the sunroof, fog lights (although they now don't work for some reason), red interior glow, keyless entry. It is surprisingly a very safe car. I was hit from behind on the hwy at high speeds and the car did not budge from the lane.

Interior build quality, the paint is chipping rather substantially on the front bumper. The inside parts rattle and squeak. Better MPG!

GT is well worth it!
By Kurtis L. Roesler

I had a Teal 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT
Coupe and absolutily loved it! It was
hands down one of the best cars ever
made, especailly with the ever-so-
sporty GT package! Sadly enough
though, I was only able to hold onto
the car for 10 days because on the
10th day I had it, I was ran off the
road in the country by and old man and
I skid accross the road into a ditch
and flipped. Rest assure if your car
does this, it will be totaled; mine
was! But unbelievably, I got out with
only a few minor scratches on my arm
and a stiff neck, so this is also a
VERY safe car. It saved my life!

Monsoon CD Sound System, Keyless Entry, Sunroof, Power Locks, Windows and Mirrors, Fog Lights, Traction Control

Fuel Economy could have been a little better. But overall, one of the best cars I have ever had.