1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible - Consumer Reviews

GT 2.4L 4-cyl. - (8 reviews )
My little red convertible
By nmmrc1983 on 04/17/08 07:46 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I love my little red Pontiac.I get great gas mileage, and with gas prices on the rise, i am glad I've got her. Nothing beats putting my top down and going home after a hard day at work. I think this car is HOT.

Cute, sporty, and a geat little snow car
By mc brown on 11/09/04 11:42 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

An under rated little car that goes all winter up here in Alaska- never failing to start, even at 20 below zero.Seats 5 if the 3 in back are under 5'8. Pluses: nibble little snow car that can traverse unplowed roads with 6 inches of fresh snow falling. The front wheel drive and steering combo make control flat out awesome. I do have abs and a manual transmission. Negatory power- there is no vroooom but I get 33 mpg in town. I would buy this car again in a heart beat. It reminds me of a cross between my favorite car ever, the 1978 Saab 900 and the old diesel rabbit. Back seats fold flat practicality in a feature packed low low cost ride. Great comuter ski bunny car. Get the sunroof!

Fun car, great car
By Grego on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This car has been a joy to own. Very few mechanical problems and a lot of fun to drive.

Pontiac Sunfire
By owkiai on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

The pontiac sunfire is a great car and lots of fun to drive. I traded in my minivan for it and have loved it ever since

Only thing wrong w/the sunfire
By Jessca91 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have found, as same with everyone I know that has this car (conv. 2 dr. gt sunfire) that the lights are really dim in comparison to all of the other cars on the road. A friend of mine and I both drive with our brights on, and have never been pulled over.

Fun and Reliable
By RedMersady on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I've had my Sunfire Convertibel for 4 years and have loved it every minute. It has alot of pep for a 2.4 ltr engine. It looks like a much more expensive sports car...definitely doesn't look like any other compact car I've ever seen. I'd definitely recommend it!

Fun Car
By kegger on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This has been a very reliable car. NO problems at all. Not one. It is fun to drive. The convertable top operates smoothly and has never leaked! When the top is up there is no wind noise. You feel as if you are in a hard top. It does have a stiff ride, but I like that in a small sporty car.

Lemon from Pontiac
By ibaqt on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Purchased car 9/1/01 with 12,000 mi. Now June (9 mo. later) and car only has 24,000 mi. Leaks water into speakers and dumps on leg when getting into/out of car. Car top is improperly designed and Pontiac Cust. Service said, tough luck. Replaced stero/cd twice so far, gasketing around all windows, adjusted trunk door and gas door so would close properly, now driver window is having electrical problems. Feel like am always in the shop. LOVE having a convertible and adore the car...when there are no problems and it is not raining.