Used 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible - Consumer Reviews

GT 2.4L 4-cyl. - (8 reviews )

My little red convertible
By nmmrc1983

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I love my little red Pontiac.I get great gas mileage, and with gas prices on the rise, i am glad I've got her. Nothing beats putting my top down and going home after a hard day at work. I think this car is HOT.

My favorite feature on this car is the fact its a convertible.

I would suggest more options for the interior package.

Cute, sporty, and a geat little snow car
By mc brown

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

An under rated little car that goes all winter up here in Alaska- never failing to start, even at 20 below zero.Seats 5 if the 3 in back are under 5'8. Pluses: nibble little snow car that can traverse unplowed roads with 6 inches of fresh snow falling. The front wheel drive and steering combo make control flat out awesome. I do have abs and a manual transmission. Negatory power- there is no vroooom but I get 33 mpg in town. I would buy this car again in a heart beat. It reminds me of a cross between my favorite car ever, the 1978 Saab 900 and the old diesel rabbit. Back seats fold flat practicality in a feature packed low low cost ride. Great comuter ski bunny car. Get the sunroof!

Steering and handling on ice and snow Sun roof and premium sound system Incredible low cost Looks like a sports car Folding rear seats Very reliable, no repairs in over 60,000 miles. Only cost is new tires. Good heater for cold days

The rear trunk deck will pour snow into your trunk if you open the trunk without brushing the snow off first. The gas lid on the 1999 does not lock

Fun car, great car
By Grego

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This car has been a joy to own. Very few mechanical problems and a lot of fun to drive.

Pontiac Sunfire
By owkiai

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

The pontiac sunfire is a great car and lots of fun to drive. I traded in my minivan for it and have loved it ever since

convertible top anti lock radio

seat belts need to be easier to work

Only thing wrong w/the sunfire
By Jessca91

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have found, as same with everyone I know that has this car (conv. 2 dr. gt sunfire) that the lights are really dim in comparison to all of the other cars on the road. A friend of mine and I both drive with our brights on, and have never been pulled over.

My favorite part is the convertible part! ;)

Like I said, the lights are too dim. Not just on the 99, but on every sunfire I've been in.