1998 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Review: I would definitely buy this ca

1998 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I would definitely buy this car again
By Litlangi on

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, love at first sight. only major problems with it mechanically were do to our own issues with getting regular maintenance done in a timely manor and a transmission recall just after purchase. Other than that just what you would expect as it got older and more miles. We ran it to 260,000+ miles before my oldest son flipped it over on the freeway. He managed to get it slowed down quite a bit before the tire burst and dug into the ground causing it to flip and he walked away with just a bump on the head because it held up. I have no doubt that I would have gotten to 300K before it gave out. I am definitely going to look for another Sunfire when we are ready to replace it.

Favorite Features

Love the body design, chose it over the Caviler because of the front end. Interior design was very comfortable and the lines were pleasing to the eye. Had the adjustable height on the seat belt which was fantastic since I am 4'10". Very nice stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Was disappointed in only one cup holder in the front. Was an issue on family trips. Hood lid was not flush in the front with the bumper and it always looked slightly open.