1998 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Reviews 5

1998 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:
Sunfire
By Argon on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Coupe

This is a very fun car. It has lot of sweet features. I love the moon roof.

It's a lemon
By Cindyc97 on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

This is one of the worst vehicles I've ever owned. I thought GM made better products, but I was sadly mistaken. I had problems from day one, and for the water pump to go bad at 25,000 miles was a grave disappointment!!!

bad
By april12344 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

this vehicle has been nothing but a big problem since i got it. its air system had to be replaced, 4 batteries, 3 alternatiors and the gas gague broke plus many other small details

i wrecked my sunfire!!!!
By jillian on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

this was my first car. i am a 20 year old college student and i totaled my car going about 35 mph. i hit a truck that was at a complete stop, but i would like to see these cars made a bit sturdier than they are made. i has been a wonderful car though.

Hot Rod
By Rakyn on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

Stylish exterior...quality finish, mine is a opal blue metallic car ..very pretty

Can't seem to let it go!
By bugsnkitties on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Convertible

I'm one that gets tired of a car after 2 or 3 years. But with this one I can't seem to let it go. Although the roof leaks and makes it stink after the rain. I enjoy driving roof up or down in beautiful northern CA. I agree it's dificult to see out the back when the roof is up. But it's been a reliable car for me since 1998.

RECALL,RECALL,RECALL!
By jNybody on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

Car is much less relaible to the Cavalier(2 family members own and BEAT on theirs but ours that is BABIED is a rolling Recall!)...seems weird since same j body family BUTT Pontiac VERY UNRELIABLE.Many problems.... but biggest safety problem is:Dealer failed to perform recall on headlight switch before delivery. It eventually failed along with most of the 97-98's and has been broken over ONE YEAR NOW!! Problem is the manufacurer of switch (Wells) has not supplied the parts to ANYONE! This supply problem is SO bad the NHTSA actually audited/shut down Wells last month for a whole week to determine what the Heck they were(not) doing (our lawyer told us this)

Definitely, a summer vehicle!
By topdown on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Convertible

I love everything about the car except that the roof leaks when it rains...I took it to a dealer in Garland, Texas and they supposedly replaced the seal while under warranty, but it only worked for a couple of weeks then started to fall off again... may be the opening and closing of the top that causes the inconsist performance and the leaking. However, it is a great car with the top down- lots of fun. However, a little hard to see out the back when the top is up.