1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible 2.2L 4-cyl. Consumer Reviews

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible - Consumer Reviews

SE Convertible (2.2L 4-cyl.)

SE 2.2L 4-cyl. - (6 reviews )
Love my Sunfire
By lina2 on 01/26/12 18:24 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible SE 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1998 Sunfire in 2000. I have been driving it ever since. It is an awesome little car and I will be sad to replace it this year. I am only replacing it because my teenagers cannot sit facing forward due to the lack of leg room. We have not had many problems with it at all. The most extensive repair was the timing. This is an awesome car for someone on a budget. The repairs are very inexpensive (some of which with basic knowledge and a repair manual can be done by the owner).

Fun to drive and easy on gas
By Bobby Gorleski on 08/19/06 08:01 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible SE 2dr Convertible

Great little car for the money. Pontiac really hit a winner with this peppy convertible. Car looks better with the top down, and for "tall" people- top down is the best! No major mechanical work in 90,000 miles.

Decent convertible
By BGor on 12/27/05 23:13 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible SE 2dr Convertible

Fun car to drive - headroom an issue if you are 6' and taller. Over 80,000 miles with no major repairs. Good quality and value for the original price of $17,000.

I Love My Car
By Offthewallmom on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible SE 2dr Convertible

I love my car. I have had minimal problems and maximum fun. She handles well in rain and snow. She is zippy, gives me good gas mileage and seems to be very reliable. The only complaint I have is when it is raining outside, if you roll down the window you are going to get wet! I wish they would have had a better design so you could crack open the window(s) and not get dripped on. Oh yeah, also one other thing, there is no place to put a drink. But these aside, I love my car!

Can't seem to let it go!
By bugsnkitties on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible SE 2dr Convertible

I'm one that gets tired of a car after 2 or 3 years. But with this one I can't seem to let it go. Although the roof leaks and makes it stink after the rain. I enjoy driving roof up or down in beautiful northern CA. I agree it's dificult to see out the back when the roof is up. But it's been a reliable car for me since 1998.

Definitely, a summer vehicle!
By topdown on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible SE 2dr Convertible

I love everything about the car except that the roof leaks when it rains...I took it to a dealer in Garland, Texas and they supposedly replaced the seal while under warranty, but it only worked for a couple of weeks then started to fall off again... may be the opening and closing of the top that causes the inconsist performance and the leaking. However, it is a great car with the top down- lots of fun. However, a little hard to see out the back when the top is up.