Used 1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

i love this little car
By Caity

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I was given this car for my 16th birthday in 2005. Since then, I've had a few problems, all of which seem to have happened to others (head gasket, alternator, fuel pump, heat only working on high, AC compressors broken). Also, the starter is starting to go. But, i like the sporty design and have a lot of fun driving it.

I like the sporty profile, and as i saw another person write, how the front looks like its smiling at you. The gas mileage is definitely a plus, and it is fun to drive, in nice or bad weather.

CUP HOLDERS. there are no cup holders in the front, i took out the ashtray and use that as a cup holder. Also, when men sit in the back they hit their heads on the rear window, no matter how they sit.

great car, few problems
By julslavern

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Hi, I've had my car since May '95, I waited 6 months for it, and it was worth the wait. Right now the head gasket is seeping, I'm keeping a close eye on it, so far it has not made it to the pavement. I had to have all three motor mounts (very expensive) replaced, and the alternator. The s-belt broke shortly after I bought it, a fluke I was told. No other trouble. I used a gas treatment and went 440 on 13 gallons, most times I can go 400 on a tank. I live in the mountains and it holds its own going up hills. It's my Pegasus.

sporty looking car, if you look at the front it seems to smile at you, like the map lights, gas mileage, still runs good

rear visability, gas filter a pain to change, cup holder too small

Still lovin it
By Hijimmyc

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've owned my car since new for about 8 years. Funny to hear people with the same problem of the ventalation fan only working on high. Car has been great. No major problems until now. Need to replace the head gasket before it does damage. The only problem I've had with it besides is the air compressor needs replaced. Have 120K miles and plan to keep her for 2 or 3 more years. My friend wants her when I sell.

Looks great. Very reliable.

Cup holder in a really bad place especially if you have a stick. Rear visability isn't great. GM really has to do something about their cheap head gaskets. I've heard it's very common for them to leak. Suggestion: never replace them with genuine GM.

Great on Gas and Lasts Forever
By realraydog

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Reading some of other reviews, I have to say, other than normal wear & tear, I've clocked 130,000+ miles with only MINOR problems: fan only worked on high (broken circuit board --> EASILY fixable), leaky fuel injector --> again EASILY fixable for anyone with any mechanical sense. Just give her gas and change her oil and she just keeps on truckin'!

30+ MPG, you can't beat it.

Sucks about 1 quart of oil between changes. Resale value is none-existant.

My Little Blue Coupe
By eaglette10

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Howdy. I've owned my 95 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe for 8 yrs. The car has good handling in the snow and rainey weather. Very little has been replaced on this car. It is built tough!

I like the sport suspension handling. I like to be able to feel the road as I am making my turns.

More storage compartments. Both rear seats to be able to fold down.