Used 1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

i love this little car
By Caity

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I was given this car for my 16th birthday in 2005. Since then, I've had a few problems, all of which seem to have happened to others (head gasket, alternator, fuel pump, heat only working on high, AC compressors broken). Also, the starter is starting to go. But, i like the sporty design and have a lot of fun driving it.

I like the sporty profile, and as i saw another person write, how the front looks like its smiling at you. The gas mileage is definitely a plus, and it is fun to drive, in nice or bad weather.

CUP HOLDERS. there are no cup holders in the front, i took out the ashtray and use that as a cup holder. Also, when men sit in the back they hit their heads on the rear window, no matter how they sit.

GFIRE
By onewheat

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great for what it is. The performance is good (for a small sporty coupe). In 166K miles, other than reg maintenence items, I've replaced the crank sensor, water pump and AC compressor. Not bad for a $15k car. It is easy to work on and the 2.3L engine and 5-speed have been rock- solid. I still get compliments on how good the car looks and people can't believe it's a 95 with almost 170k miles. I've driven the car pretty hard, changing the oil every 3000 miles and doing scheduled maintenence. Other than the above mentioned items, I've had great luck with it.

The looks of the car. It turns heads still (really).

The seats could be more supportive and the cup holder does suck (especially with a 5-speed). I usually use the one in the back seat (rear of console).

great car, few problems
By julslavern

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Hi, I've had my car since May '95, I waited 6 months for it, and it was worth the wait. Right now the head gasket is seeping, I'm keeping a close eye on it, so far it has not made it to the pavement. I had to have all three motor mounts (very expensive) replaced, and the alternator. The s-belt broke shortly after I bought it, a fluke I was told. No other trouble. I used a gas treatment and went 440 on 13 gallons, most times I can go 400 on a tank. I live in the mountains and it holds its own going up hills. It's my Pegasus.

sporty looking car, if you look at the front it seems to smile at you, like the map lights, gas mileage, still runs good

rear visability, gas filter a pain to change, cup holder too small

Still lovin it
By Hijimmyc

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've owned my car since new for about 8 years. Funny to hear people with the same problem of the ventalation fan only working on high. Car has been great. No major problems until now. Need to replace the head gasket before it does damage. The only problem I've had with it besides is the air compressor needs replaced. Have 120K miles and plan to keep her for 2 or 3 more years. My friend wants her when I sell.

Looks great. Very reliable.

Cup holder in a really bad place especially if you have a stick. Rear visability isn't great. GM really has to do something about their cheap head gaskets. I've heard it's very common for them to leak. Suggestion: never replace them with genuine GM.

Great on Gas and Lasts Forever
By realraydog

1995 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Reading some of other reviews, I have to say, other than normal wear & tear, I've clocked 130,000+ miles with only MINOR problems: fan only worked on high (broken circuit board --> EASILY fixable), leaky fuel injector --> again EASILY fixable for anyone with any mechanical sense. Just give her gas and change her oil and she just keeps on truckin'!

30+ MPG, you can't beat it.

Sucks about 1 quart of oil between changes. Resale value is none-existant.