Used 1995 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

Most Helpful|
Reasonable for the Price
By shmeen

1995 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 Sunfire (used) when it was 2 years old. It has given me a really good run since then but a week ago the engine went out. One thing the mechanic told me is to beware of the smallest coolant leak because if not caught early it can ruin the engine. My car gave me 118,000 miles before it broke down but the mechanic did mention that many of the Sunfire's he had worked on went out at 75,000 miles. A good car, but beware once you get into those higher miles.

sacking yourself hurts less
By not a chance in hell

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

Nothing, and I mean nothing has gone right with this car. I cannot express how angry it has made me. I have replaced, drivers seat twice, head gasket twice, head, driving lights, alternator, driverside door, the horn doesn't work, the rear window defogger needed fixing. All this and no accidents to cause any of it.Both front wheel mounts need to be replaced, the main gasket for the oil needs replacing. There is a short in the electrical system that causes the abs warning light to come on if the four ways are turned on. All in all I want to repaint this car yellow and put a stem on the hood so everyone can see THE LEMON IT IS!!!!!

Favorite Features

favorite feature: it will die soon and i can get another vehicle. DIE DIE DIE!!

Suggested Improvements

Jack up the rad cap and screw a new car underneath!

ery disappointed
By devdev01

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

I have spent a fortune in repairs for this vehicle. I have sworn off Pontiac for the rest of my life! Everything from the air conditioning, transmission and engine has had major problems. Thank goodness I had an extended warrenty. I am now trading it in for a Toyota and I am confident I will not be taking it in for every repair under the sun. My engine is now losing pressure and will need to be overhauled....need I say more?!?!

Favorite Features

Excellent gas milage and a pretty good stero system.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, this car had no strengtt whatsoever. The seats are also uncomfortable

Selling my sunfire
By iceguy

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my '95 Sunfire new in June 95. The car now has 100K miles and is still going stong. No major repairs EVER. This has been a great car fo my wife for 6 years, then I got it. Now I will reluctantly sell the Sunfire. Oil, and tires are the only things that wear out. It has developed a small oil leak. I haven't heard many raves about this car, but I have to say that GM really did a lot of things right. The car is consistent, and affordable.

Favorite Features

Reliability!!!

Suggested Improvements

Would of have been nice to have more power, but not really required.

Okay car with some problems
By kning

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

I've had my sunfire for 7 years and it's been a decent car. The major problem has been the transmission. I'm on my 3rd one and only have 86000 miles on it. I am not hard on cars, and have done a great deal of highway driving in the car. Other problems have been pretty standard. I like the gas mileage and it has been a cute, zippy car for a single gal. Now with a husband and baby though, we're ready for a minivan. I wish the car had power windows, locks, but for a basic small car there is tons of room when the rear seat folds down. Got lots of stuff to and from college in it.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, cute sporty look, lots of cargo room when back seat is down

Suggested Improvements

power locks, windows. More comfortable rear seats. More reliable transmission.