1995 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:
Big Fan
By John Henderson on 06/02/10 01:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

I see a lot of poor reviews about this car, and I can understand why. Personally, I love this car but have had other similar Pontiacs that were terrible. The only major money spent on this car was $1000 because there was rust in the gas tank. Other than that, I add oil once every 4 months and just let it burn off. I bought it for $1000 and planned on just running it into the dirt while I saved for a new one but it is still here. Somehow it is still running strong with no major problems :)

BAD reliabily
By savita46 on 04/03/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

so i got this car from my cousins that tought i needed a car so i worked fine for about 8 mths until i was driving downtown at 60 kmh and the brakes failed. so it was fixed for a ridiculous price of 600 dollars. 3 mths later it stalled at a drivethru . the people had to push . it needed a alternator and a battery. 650 dollars. then we took it on a trip 2 hrs highway driving at abount 125-150 kmh. it went there good then on a country road to the highway it stalled when we picked flowers from the road 6 starts to get it going. it drove back ok until a rest stop 4 starts to get it going when i dropped off my best friend after 2 hrs of highway driving at 140150 it died R.I.P so i got a new car

i love this little car
By Caity on 03/16/07 14:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

I was given this car for my 16th birthday in 2005. Since then, I've had a few problems, all of which seem to have happened to others (head gasket, alternator, fuel pump, heat only working on high, AC compressors broken). Also, the starter is starting to go. But, i like the sporty design and have a lot of fun driving it.

GFIRE
By onewheat on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great for what it is. The performance is good (for a small sporty coupe). In 166K miles, other than reg maintenence items, I've replaced the crank sensor, water pump and AC compressor. Not bad for a $15k car. It is easy to work on and the 2.3L engine and 5-speed have been rock- solid. I still get compliments on how good the car looks and people can't believe it's a 95 with almost 170k miles. I've driven the car pretty hard, changing the oil every 3000 miles and doing scheduled maintenence. Other than the above mentioned items, I've had great luck with it.

great car, few problems
By julslavern on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

Hi, I've had my car since May '95, I waited 6 months for it, and it was worth the wait. Right now the head gasket is seeping, I'm keeping a close eye on it, so far it has not made it to the pavement. I had to have all three motor mounts (very expensive) replaced, and the alternator. The s-belt broke shortly after I bought it, a fluke I was told. No other trouble. I used a gas treatment and went 440 on 13 gallons, most times I can go 400 on a tank. I live in the mountains and it holds its own going up hills. It's my Pegasus.

Still lovin it
By Hijimmyc on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

I've owned my car since new for about 8 years. Funny to hear people with the same problem of the ventalation fan only working on high. Car has been great. No major problems until now. Need to replace the head gasket before it does damage. The only problem I've had with it besides is the air compressor needs replaced. Have 120K miles and plan to keep her for 2 or 3 more years. My friend wants her when I sell.

Great on Gas and Lasts Forever
By realraydog on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

Reading some of other reviews, I have to say, other than normal wear & tear, I've clocked 130,000+ miles with only MINOR problems: fan only worked on high (broken circuit board --> EASILY fixable), leaky fuel injector --> again EASILY fixable for anyone with any mechanical sense. Just give her gas and change her oil and she just keeps on truckin'!

ery disappointed
By devdev01 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

I have spent a fortune in repairs for this vehicle. I have sworn off Pontiac for the rest of my life! Everything from the air conditioning, transmission and engine has had major problems. Thank goodness I had an extended warrenty. I am now trading it in for a Toyota and I am confident I will not be taking it in for every repair under the sun. My engine is now losing pressure and will need to be overhauled....need I say more?!?!

My Little Blue Coupe
By eaglette10 on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

Howdy. I've owned my 95 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe for 8 yrs. The car has good handling in the snow and rainey weather. Very little has been replaced on this car. It is built tough!

Good car; poor paint
By luvdlphins on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my Sunfire new in May 1995. It's been a good car over the past eight years; I've opnly had minor problems such as small oil and radiator leaks. My air conditioning, defrost, vent, heater, etc. only work on high. My biggest problem is the paint job...no sooner did the paint warranty expire did the clear coat begin to peal and it looks horrible and gets worse every day. Also some rust is resulting...it's not worth fixing. Now that I'm older and getting ready to start a family; I'm realizing that it's no longer the car for me.