1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunbird model:
Almost a quarter million miles!
By superbird_71 on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

My sunbird has 228,000 miles and doesn't use a drop of anything, runs great, is a fun car to drive, has the 3.1 v6...gets a legit 25 mpg and has plenty of power.

Good car
By TMoore on 03/12/10 12:18 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I got this car at an auction and it had over 140,000 miles on it. it ran great! is a great car for the money. the trans is giving me problems now but i got this car for $275. I've had some brake problems but i got a good guy to work on it. as long as you put the work in, it'll treat you right.

Good Car
By The man on 01/04/09 22:20 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

No problems with the car, 3.1L V6 is nice and strong, sounds really good when you step on tha gas!

The best car i ever owned
By Nicole Lincicum on 10/04/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when i was a kid it was the best thing i ever did. This car was awesome. In the end it had some electrical problems but no matter what it always ran great. I never in the 8 years that i owned it did i put more than $1000.00 into it, including normal maintenance. It was absolutely great in the winter. Eventually i bought a grand prix for more room. I will always regret giving up the best car i owned to my husband to derby, but it took 3rd place. Overall i absolutely loved this car. The electrical problems i had were the abs system, the heater switch which was ran by a switch under my dash. Overall if you can find a sunbird in good condition buy it.

My first car
By Andy on 08/25/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My sunbird has since died but for the 7 or so months I had it it was my pride and joy. It was a 5 spd manual which made it lots of fun, with a 3.1 v6. Not much power. Anyway the thing did burnouts like no other. I only had a few problems like the clutch going (my bad) and the alternator. In the last few months it got probably twenty to the gallon but before that it got 30 to 35. This car was my second life

Looks good, runs horrible
By Kristy on 05/22/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

When i received this car, it had 73K miles on it. Over the four years i had it, i replaced the engine TWICE, the heater core three times, heater hoses every month, and replaced the manifold system three times. Another problem I had was that it over heated every other day in a Pennsylvanian summer. The interior dash separated from the radio set-up but aside from that, the interior was fine. It handled well and the frame was like a rock but it was everything under the hood that caused problems.

Super sunbird coupe
By baytz on 01/29/07 19:35 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I got this great car since 2002,V6 automatic transmission, runs like new. I drive it every day without problems.The trans was fixed just one time, but that is to be expected with age. Very reliable car. I will keep driving it for few more years. I really love the interior and exterior design. I feel safe every time I drive it. The interior is comfortable. The alternator was changed once and the battery was replaced two times,also the DIS (DISTRIBUTION IGNITION SYSTEM).

Sunbirdlier
By Steven on 09/14/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

Well i got pulled over for for spinning my tires in a 4cyl. sunbird you can't even do a burnout. But i love the car and i just bought another one 1991 sunbird convertible.

By Ben on 07/29/06 21:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

Great car, V6 5 spd is a whole lot of fun to drive. Car is reliable and great to drive. Wish they still made them! Could be better on gas, but is probably mostly my fault, the car just sounds great going through the gears!

damn good car
By bourquey on 06/09/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

got this car when i was sixteen and im now 20 and it is still kicking. It has about 170,000 on it plus miles put on when the odometer was squirrely. replaced the tranny at around 140k, but its been running strong since. noticeably weaker acc. but overall, it will get you where you need to go with the reliablity you need and the gas mileage you crave.