Used 1993 Pontiac Sunbird Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Pontiac Sunbird - Consumer Reviews

1993 Pontiac Sunbird Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sunbird model:

A Sunbird Enthusiast Review
By Joe

1993 Pontiac Sunbird Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Sunbird. I abused the first one, and killed it outright. I have found these cars to be extremely reliable, as long as you babysit it. Regular maintenance on an almost religious schedule is imperative. The 2.0 will need a head gasket job at about 100000M, and do yourself a favor, and have an authorized GM dealer do it. I went ahead and replaced the head as well, and am happy I did. Overall, a great car, just needs a finely tuned attention to detail. I will drive mine til the wheels fall off. Parts are hard to find! If you can get your hands on one at a local junkyard, do so, and LOAD UP on as much as you can carry.

Favorite Features

Great on gas, but make sure you address the cat-con if you have over 100,000 miles on it.

Sunbird
By James Moran

1993 Pontiac Sunbird Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I think it is a good beginners car. I find it very easy to control. It does have a little problem with speed when going uphill, but what do you expect with an older 4cyl car. Yes it is a little hard getting used to the fact there isn't much legroom for anyone but the driver but all in all I personally think its a great car.

Favorite Features

Lights and windshield wipers are easily reached without taking a hand off of the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

It could use more leg room and more reliable parts for things that are probably adjusted almost daily such as seat adjustment levers.

Disposable Car
By Jay11

1993 Pontiac Sunbird Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We bought our Burgandy Pontiac Sunfire LE Sedan brand new off the lot. We took excellent care of the car, garaged every night, cleaned/washed once a week, annual service etc. After two and a half years of owning the car the rear shocks went, a month later the front grill busted and the headlight cracked from the cold. and two months after that i went out to start the car in the morning and it sounded like a tractor. The engine blew. My dad calls it the "Disposable Car"

Favorite Features

I really liked the red-glow insrument cluster.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my Sunbird
By Riptor_evil

1993 Pontiac Sunbird Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My Sunbird has been my favorite car I still kept it after I bought another vehicle. This car with the right mods drive good. I am a fan of Noise so my sunbird is equiped with Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air filter, Hyper White lights, self built undercariage air scoop, and Cobra Eyes. All in all I LOVE my sunbird

Favorite Features

Every Thing

Suggested Improvements

none

Excellent performace for the price
By yeah-yeah

1993 Pontiac Sunbird Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love my S-Bird! Had it for over 4 years now, personally put over 60K on the odometer (currently at over 140K). Still runs great, for the last 2 years had to change oil only, that was all the maintenance!

Favorite Features

Interior design is more cockpit like than most cars

Suggested Improvements

better interior plastics, some are rattling and not fitting well anymore