Used 1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Pontiac Sunbird - Consumer Reviews

1991 Pontiac Sunbird

View reviews for a specific Sunbird model:

Most Helpful|
Loved my First car! Had it 17 years!
By Michelle

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Coupe

I loved everything about this car. If I could have kept it I would have, but it was slowly falling apart, such as the vinyl. But certainly something to not complaint about considering it's very sporty design (interior/exterior), terrific dependility, the best fuel mileage (upwards to 48 mpg) I thought it was comfy until I drove my second car, a BMW 5 series. Even though I didn't 'need' my Sunbird, I kept it because of the great gas mileage and total efficiency. It was totally fun to drive when I go it eons ago, and still very fun to drive up til I gave it away.

Favorite Features

Dependability, reliability, fuel economy, and still looked great after 17 years.

Suggested Improvements

Kind of late to ask for improvements....but really...nothing. It was truly a great buy in every way. Wish GMC would continue to make decent cars...looks like I lucked out.

Great Buy
By Mike G

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Coupe

ive had my sunbird for about a year now, and it has yet to break down on me. it is my first car, and i would not trade it for any other model out there. it had a problem when you would accelerate it would bog down but it was a simple fix by buying a new air regulator. the interior isnt the best but an easy fix. the engine is BEAUTIFUL! soon i will be swapping it out though for a new Turbo. I love how this car is very customizable. their is a couple ground effects kits that i look forward to buying. i have installed new audio,wheels,bass,undercar lights. this car is totally reliable if you dont mind paying a little bit here and there. also if you have the time its a great buy.

Favorite Features

customization

Suggested Improvements

interior.

miss this car
By plowboy

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Coupe

Bought my red LE two door with the 3.1 V6 and a 5 speed trans. Got good gas millage with it. Always 26 minimum. The car died in 2001 with 174000 miles on it. The body was rotting away. The trans had a bearing going. The engine blew a head gasket. I drove it for 10 miles with no water. Amsoil kept it going. Cracked the block. I junked it. Only thing I did was maintenance, brakes, tires and all 6 fuel injectors. As the car got older, it got better mileage. When it died, it was getting 33 to 35 just driving around. I miss that car.

Favorite Features

3.1 and a 5 speed!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Better rust control!!!!!!