1991 Pontiac Sunbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunbird model:
Runs like a Top!
By Laura on 08/13/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Convertible

I've owned the convertible for twelve years, bought it used in '99. I love it but it's starting to show its age. I've had it repainted and put a new roof on it. But it survived three accidents, two front and one side very well. It's a very heavy car but it has always had brake problems. It just doesn't want to stop and the brakes on the back wheel lock up. The car also leaks and the resulting water has destroyed the gauges. The air conditioning now has a leak and doesn't work but what do you want for a car that's 20! And it still runs really well. I know it will get me where I am going .

miss this car
By plowboy on 07/04/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Coupe

Bought my red LE two door with the 3.1 V6 and a 5 speed trans. Got good gas millage with it. Always 26 minimum. The car died in 2001 with 174000 miles on it. The body was rotting away. The trans had a bearing going. The engine blew a head gasket. I drove it for 10 miles with no water. Amsoil kept it going. Cracked the block. I junked it. Only thing I did was maintenance, brakes, tires and all 6 fuel injectors. As the car got older, it got better mileage. When it died, it was getting 33 to 35 just driving around. I miss that car.

Great Buy
By Mike G on 03/23/09 17:41 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Coupe

ive had my sunbird for about a year now, and it has yet to break down on me. it is my first car, and i would not trade it for any other model out there. it had a problem when you would accelerate it would bog down but it was a simple fix by buying a new air regulator. the interior isnt the best but an easy fix. the engine is BEAUTIFUL! soon i will be swapping it out though for a new Turbo. I love how this car is very customizable. their is a couple ground effects kits that i look forward to buying. i have installed new audio,wheels,bass,undercar lights. this car is totally reliable if you dont mind paying a little bit here and there. also if you have the time its a great buy.

It just keeps puttering along
By Little Blue on 02/23/09 16:54 PM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It has lasted for the past eighteen years and it has no problems what so ever. it performs well in all weather and I love the color. I hope that it can last another 20.

Loved my First car! Had it 17 years!
By Michelle on 06/19/07 21:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Coupe

I loved everything about this car. If I could have kept it I would have, but it was slowly falling apart, such as the vinyl. But certainly something to not complaint about considering it's very sporty design (interior/exterior), terrific dependility, the best fuel mileage (upwards to 48 mpg) I thought it was comfy until I drove my second car, a BMW 5 series. Even though I didn't 'need' my Sunbird, I kept it because of the great gas mileage and total efficiency. It was totally fun to drive when I go it eons ago, and still very fun to drive up til I gave it away.

I love it...
By Candice on 06/04/06 15:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird SE 2dr Coupe

It's an overall great car. If I could actually afford to fix the couple of problems with it, I would be able to keep it for a long time. But how things are going now, it seems like be searhing for a new car in a few years.

Gardner Sunbird
By Bill Gardner on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Convertible

This has been a great car. Its been treated well and its payed me back. Never any problems. Car remains original with exception of top/tires/ belts etc.

181k miles and still running great!
By Eagledave on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird SE 2dr Coupe

I met my wife that time she had that car. I used this car driven daily. I currently have 181,000 miles on it. common maintenace, replace waterpump and timing belt twice in same year. interior design was good, but there's a flaw on igniton, gets stuck, would not able to take key out. at 174k short on wiring to wipers and headlight, when lights turned on, wiper washer goes off. interior light stop working, but overall itis reliable, as long taking care of it, change oil, etc.

Pontiac Conv. fun to drive
By petey717 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Convertible

Note: I owned a 1991 V6 sunbird convertible, these come stock with 4 bangers so it performed better obviously. I loved this car, I would've never given it up, but was forced to when someone ran a stop sign and totalled it. Very nice car though I miss it.

snubird gt 1991
By mrsunbird91 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird GT 2dr Coupe

i baught my 91 sunbird gt in 1991 i like it verry much espechaly the 3.1 engine lots of power :) i put 4shocks and 1alternator in this car since i had it now i have 213 000km on it and it stil does 120mph :P the only thing i dont like on my car is the interior design its poor