Used 1990 Pontiac Sunbird Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Pontiac Sunbird - Consumer Reviews

1990 Pontiac Sunbird

View reviews for a specific Sunbird model:

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Tierra

1990 Pontiac Sunbird SE 2dr Coupe

I bought it with only 33,000 miles on it and it has been great so far. It is very cute and comfortable. It looks small but the inside is pretty big and spacious. There is one thing that I noticed which was the acceleration. It takes a while to accelerate. That doesn't bother me though. The fact that there are only 2 settings for the windshield wipers is a little annoying at times too. That is not a big deal though. Love this car!! :)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird le convertible
By johntheguru

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Convertible

Picked up this car on the cheap for driving down to the lake and back with my buddy. It had been sitting for 4 months so we knew it would take some to get it back up to speed. Typical stuff; Changed fluids, head gasket, fixed the brake lines, new stereo and cosmetic work later it has become a good car for us.
The top works great, everything electric works for being such an old car, and we get 30 mpg in the old 2.0 4 cyl with the automatic. It's nothing special, but its gets the job done.
If you take care of this car, it will take care of you.

Convertible top, great mpg, $35 to fill a tank at $3.30 a gallon, rides well for an old compact, fun car, good value if you can get it for the right price, it fits me well and I'm 6'4"

Get cruise control, back seat is one person only, fit and finish is an after thought,

1990 pontiac sunbird le turbo
By SEAN

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I've had this car along time and I've had no major expenses, just rotten maintenance, it's a good car and fast.

motor 2.0 turbo you just add a bigger intercooler and boost controller and this car will fly.

none

Best Car I Ever Owned
By tom164

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 4dr Sedan

I finally retired my old Sunbird at 237,000 miles. I really appreciated how good a car it was when I tried to replace it and couldn't. There is simply nothing comparable out there. Pontiac directed me to Chevy who tried to sell me a Cobalt. Real piece of junk in comparison. It is 1000 pounds heavier, has a bigger engine (not necessary) and doesn't ride as well. Fuel economy is advertised much less. (I got over 36 MPG on my Sunbird (5- speed) until about 3 years ago; I'm sure my compression was bad at the end.) Finally bought a Hyundai Elantra, but it doesn't ride as well, has a smaller trunk, and takes up more space in my crowded garage.

"Big car" ride and trunk space and "Small car" economy and overall size.

GM, please start making them again!

Love it - still driving it!
By Stephanie

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Convertible

A fun car to drive. Pretty good on gas - haven't had to do many repairs in the 15 years I've been driving it. I am just now thinking of replacing the engine because of high mileage.

Convertible top handling.