1990 Pontiac Sunbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunbird model:
1990 pontiac sunbird le turbo
By SEAN on 07/18/08 07:46 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I've had this car along time and I've had no major expenses, just rotten maintenance, it's a good car and fast.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By tom164 on 05/02/08 06:37 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 4dr Sedan

I finally retired my old Sunbird at 237,000 miles. I really appreciated how good a car it was when I tried to replace it and couldn't. There is simply nothing comparable out there. Pontiac directed me to Chevy who tried to sell me a Cobalt. Real piece of junk in comparison. It is 1000 pounds heavier, has a bigger engine (not necessary) and doesn't ride as well. Fuel economy is advertised much less. (I got over 36 MPG on my Sunbird (5- speed) until about 3 years ago; I'm sure my compression was bad at the end.) Finally bought a Hyundai Elantra, but it doesn't ride as well, has a smaller trunk, and takes up more space in my crowded garage.

Love it - still driving it!
By Stephanie on 04/03/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Convertible

A fun car to drive. Pretty good on gas - haven't had to do many repairs in the 15 years I've been driving it. I am just now thinking of replacing the engine because of high mileage.

Winter car heaven
By Neonsrt4 on 12/23/05 11:21 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I paid $500 for this car. It needed everything. I had been seriously neglected. Rebuilt the motor, and tranny and gave it a tune up. I added a bigger turbo, and a few other goodies. It is seriously quick almost keeping up with my 04 SRT4 neon (almost). Interior is cheap, but it makes an awesome winter snow car. It even handles pretty darn good. With big exhaust is sounds alot like an old school muscle car when compared the the new honda's. The 2.0 is a very torquey motor. There is absolutely no lag when the stock turbo is being used. There's a million of them in junk yard so parts are cheap.

Stay Away!!
By skazzygal on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Convertible

This car is the biggest headache in the world! If it isn't one thing it's another, it has soo many intermittent problems that there isn't enough room to state them all! If you like to push your car instead of drive it this is the car for you!!

Fun for the cash!!!
By Iggy on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This car has been a great surprise. It goes like stink, handles fairly well and looks sharp. Its very cheap to maintain and it not bad on gas either. 165 h.p. out of a 2.0 liter engine is not to shabby either. I'm very happy with it.

Great car
By jennash on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

i love this car, its fast and its never let me down and ive had it for 2 years now. No major expenses, other than the expected (brakes, hoses, etc.) and its got 200k miles on it already. Oh and it never let me down in the winter either (I live in Montana).

reliable
By Sumcdn on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 4dr Sedan

i've had this car for several years and it has always treated me well, despite -30C winters and high mileage trips.treat her well and she'll be there!

Money Pit
By Arson on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car back in Sept 01'. I have had nothing but problems. Within 2 weeks of owning the car, i needed to have the head gasket replaced, the alternator replaced, transmission, gas tank, fuel lines and many other parts. This car was the biggest waste of money because i ended up paying more money to fix it than the car was worth.

the car
By lilnick420s on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2dr Coupe

it is cotofertable and roomy