2009 Pontiac Solstice 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Orphan Car

2009 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Review

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

GXP Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Orphan Car
By first timer on

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was not going to buy a car for 2 more years but looked at the Solstice and knew that this vehicle was different than all the others, so I bought it after driving it. I have never purchased a car as quickly as this one. I am 6 ft tall and 230 pounds but I fit into it nicely. It handles good, fast and really catches the eye. I have always liked orphaned cars as I have owned many Studebaker. You either love this car or you hate it. That is what I like about it. It brings out an emotion from people. Cars have always had emotion attached to them. They only made about 1266 total 2009 coupes so they are rare from the start.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, good gas mileage, fun to drive with coupe top on or off. Solid car with rear wheel drive. The GXP model is really great for power with upgrades available.

Suggested Improvements

I wish car was about 8-10 inches longer. A little more storage in back. Window switches are in wrong place. More and better cup holder placement. Easier access for battery replacement.