Used 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

2009 Pontiac Solstice

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

Orphan Car
By first timer

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was not going to buy a car for 2 more years but looked at the Solstice and knew that this vehicle was different than all the others, so I bought it after driving it. I have never purchased a car as quickly as this one. I am 6 ft tall and 230 pounds but I fit into it nicely. It handles good, fast and really catches the eye. I have always liked orphaned cars as I have owned many Studebaker. You either love this car or you hate it. That is what I like about it. It brings out an emotion from people. Cars have always had emotion attached to them. They only made about 1266 total 2009 coupes so they are rare from the start.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, good gas mileage, fun to drive with coupe top on or off. Solid car with rear wheel drive. The GXP model is really great for power with upgrades available.

Suggested Improvements

I wish car was about 8-10 inches longer. A little more storage in back. Window switches are in wrong place. More and better cup holder placement. Easier access for battery replacement.

Love the Car
By Victor Gonzalez

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car a lot. Everyday I drive it, I love it even more. Really fun to drive, and is a pretty fast car. The car looks great. I am constantly turning heads when I drive. The interior is really comfortable, I have driven for hours and have felt great right after. It is actually very roomy for a two seater. Interior does have some hard plastics, but it looks pretty good. Storage is a bit of a lack in this car. Overall this car feels good on the road, is quick, and looks spectacular. Manual top is really easy to handle, but would enjoy an automatic one. Many people complain about the five speed, but i have no complaints about it.

Favorite Features

Looks great, engine is powerful for a 2.0L Turbo, Handles very well.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage, and trunk space. That is pretty much it.