Used 2008 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Solstice

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

Weekend toy
By redsol

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I each have one, and they are toys for weekend use. Yes, the guy who placed the switches should be shot, but, in spite of al the complaints from magazine types, we can, with thought, place enough luggage for 2 for a 1 week trip. Just no big bags. There are plenty of storage slots if you look at it, even with the top down. Mileage is way better than EPA says. We get 25 mpg in town on both cars. The top can be a pain, but once you get a system, it's pretty easy. It is a fun car, and handling is great. Took mine to Phx In'tl Raceway's roadcourse and had a blast. yes, the interior design team must have had a party the night before, but the fun factor outweighs the negatives.

Styling, handling

The Quiet Storm
By hypno1dr

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

With cat-like agility and blistering acceleration, I just love my solstice gxp. While driving from San Diego to Las Vegas and staying fairly close to the speed limit (which is difficult) I actually got 33.1 mpg. As far as the manual top, I can pop it down faster than most automatic tops. As far a putting it back up, it takes a little more time, but still, its not that hard and I don't mind. Yes it does have animalistic head turning looks, and yes it gets a lot of attention from the ladies who want to ride with me. Guys if you want a babe-magnet car, with blistering acceleration, and hurricane force winds with top down, this is the beast (i mean car) to have.

Body style and acceleration. For anyone not use to moving fast, this car can be a scary fast in the begining, but once you get comfortable, you feel as if your into a feral cat ready to pounce on all the mice (other cars)

Some of the buttons could be put in better locations, especially the passenger side seatbelt light.

Solstice Advantage
By Happy camper

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been a lover of the Old Vets but have never been able to buy one. The solstice gives me the ability to afford a fun car to drive with out costing me a fortune. I love driving this car and enjoy the looks the people give me when I drive by. There is nothing practicle about this car but that is the reason I bought it. It looks great and is a lot of fun to drive!

The handling and looks. The 4 cylinder engine does a great job pushing this car down the road.

It is a true two seater and that leaves little or no trunk room when the top is down. Just a tad more trunk would help.

I'm in love
By pegboy

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My father told me to buy an S2000 and my brother said Miata, so I bought my Solstice. I have never enjoyed driving anything as much as I enjoy taking the top down and cruising in this. It is beautiful, sporty, roomy enough for what I wanted, and most deservingly a head-turner. As for the car critics 'not enough room, interior needs better styling, needs more power and handling,' don't get me started. If it were up to the major critical magazines and publications we would all be driving BMW's and Mercedes anyway. For less than 22K out the door, with rebates and employee pricing, I am fully satisfied and laughing at the Z4's and Kompressors. I think I'm gonna buy my wife the coupe. The top needs no improvement. I timed myself with no help other than my buddy pushing start on the stop watch. 10 seconds to lower the top, 8 to put it back up. Tell me your automatic put-the-car-in-park tops can do that.

It is as one reviewer said..."Sitting in my own personal rocket ship, ready to take off in 5, 4, 3...

Move up my window buttons, I'm gonna get carpal tunnel from reaching back.

Too Hot
By Brotzy

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. Everyone stares at you like you are driving a spaceship. Never get tired of driving this car. Stereo is awesome. Speaker behind passenger seat will rock you for sure. I'm 57 and feel 16 when I get behind the wheel. The car is my wife's so I only get to drive on weekends. Should by another for me.

Performance. Hot. Really have to control yourself because everyone wants to race you. Just smile and ease on!

Drink holders. What were they thinking. Window controls move forward. Fog light switch needs to be so that you do not have to turn on every time the light come on.