2008 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:
2008 Solstice
By Danny on 05/11/08 07:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the solstice and I love it. The ride and handle is great. The inside a little cramped and the cup holders are in bad locations. Not much storage anywhere so don't go shopping on this car. But over all I love this car.

Jims 55 Birthday!
By Jim Menefee on 03/27/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife gave it to me for my 55th Birthday. I have owned 5 - 240, 260 and 280 Z-cars. When you reach my age you either get a Harley a Sports Car or an exercise bike. I chose the Solstice... Nothing can touch it ... it's fast, feels like a million dollars and really gets the looks. Could not be more pleased! My other choice was $20K extra on a BMW. This beats the BMW hands down!

this is one sexy little car
By gxpowner on 03/14/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i have hardly any regrets in buying this little jewel. there are some little quirks that i will address just because they are aggravating. the engineer that thought to put the radio power knob in the center of the radio where your hand hits it every time u shift into third gear must surely be proud. same goes for the mute/power button radio controls on the steering wheel. their placement turns the radio or sound completely off when hit.side mirrors r way too small. but...this is a head turning car that turns heads...they r just trying to figure out what the colored streak is that just went zooming by....lol

08 Solstice GXP
By Mike on 02/22/08 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall a very well performing car that handles darn near as good as a C6 Corvette, maybe better in some respects. Fun, and the exterior styling cannot be beat. Mechanically a very sound design. Interior needs work as far as convenience, but if you rate it from a driving perspective only, the interior is functional. As soon as you start adding niceties like where to put your spare change, sunglasses, or cell phone... the interior's shortcomings come to light quickly as does the non existent trunk space. The exterior design and performance of this vehicle is what sells.

I feel 16 again- thanks Pontiac
By louis chad on 11/09/07 00:58 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought the GXP on my 60th birthday and it has totally jump started my life. I live in northern Minnesota, but will use this care selectively all winter. You just can't store this one. It will, although be in a slab heated work shop with me. I'll visit the wife on weekends if time permits. Thanks again Pontiac.

2008 Great Car
By KAR on 10/31/07 05:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2008 Solstice is a great car and fun to drive. This year the acoustic headliner, 1 year of OnStar, XM radio, input jacks, are all standard. The handling is also great with the Stabilitrac system. The exterior design is second to none.

2008 Solstice
By happy owner on 10/25/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car! The handling is great, no front end wandering, takes corners like they are not there. The fit and finish are teriffic, I worked in the auto industry for 30+ years and know about fit and finish. Have always driven GM and had two bad cars when GM had the quality issues, but those are gone and the product is now excellant. The styling looks good - we have had comments of "Cool car, Good wheels, Love your car" from teens and adults. You can ride with the top down at highway speed and carry on a conversation, and we do not have the opt. wind screen. With the top up wind noise is non-existent, just the soft rumble of the exhaust. A pleasure to drive!

Head Turner
By Fullthrottle on 10/03/07 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

An exceptional vehicle. Beautiful design(best GM has put together in a while)and always gets the looks. Simple with clean lines. Has that classic roadster feel. The car has plenty of pick up and power, always wants to go. (oh that turbo) So easy to spin those tires. Has pretty solid handling. Storage could be an issue for some. Interior is like a cockpit. Clean in design. Cup holder placing is in an odd spot(I dont use the 2 on the back wall. Stereo has great sound, love the mp3 adapter. Seats on the GXP are great, road trips have been really comfortable(Pack light).

Almost there!
By AJ on 08/14/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a red 2008 GXP last weekend. This car has a lot of potential with a few changes. Interior materials are ok but not up to the same standards as the MX-5. Trunk space with the top down is non-existent. The manual gearbox should be improved to minimize the effort required to move between gears. The best way to describe it is clunky. Despite these drawbacks, the car is a lot of fun to drive, gets a lot of attention from admirers and is fast.

Hot Car But Needs a Chrome Grill
By Lisa on 08/04/07 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My previous car was BMW Z4 3.0. So far, I really like the GXP's performance. The exterior is hot! My only beef with the exterior is the black grill -- it looks cheap! Why not keep the same chrome grill as the Solstice? The interior is sleek -- the seats hug you. However, there is no storage space. I can't even find any place to keep my garage door opener. I've noticed that the window controls are in an awkward place -- inevitably, my elbow triggers the windows. The biggest pain is the manual top -- miss the Z4's automatic top. There is no trunk space with the top down. Wish they offered navigation system as option. But can't beat the price and bravo to Pontiac for its cool design!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.