Used 2008 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Solstice

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

Lovin' Every Minute of It!!!!!
By LimoBarbie

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car! 1 sexy machine with a huge "hey BABY" factor. I'm 50 and it makes me feel 16 again! Has every option available, wicked fast even with the auto tranny and I've shown a lot of STUNNED 'Stangs and BMWs tire smoke and tail lights (got the performance upgrade so it's hotter than the reg one) and I had to buy a radar detector because I'm a very bad girl!! Loved my Town Car but after driving TCs for a decade I wanted something HOT-smooth sexy curves and the adorable eager-to-run expression on it's little buck-toothed face makes me smile every time I see it. A real head-turner that folks swear must be an import and blazing speed to keep this old gal happy! I love him SO MUCH!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Monsoon Stereo, leather seats, power windows and cruise control to keep the cops from snagging me for not paying attention--it will run all day at 90 as smooth as at 65! Its a great tanning bed substitute

Suggested Improvements

Keep making them!! Cup holder improvements would be nice as would a spare tire--but that's what OnStar is for I guess. A built in Radar Detector would be super cool--as would some stealth radar absorbing material LOL and move the window switches to the door please!

Solstice GXP love affair.
By edgar robertson

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is very well received at any local show and shines, and parades, that I have entered it in. I have never found that lowering the top is a problem. And, I routinely complete the task, in 15 seconds. Raising it is only slightly more time consuming, requiring 28-30 seconds. The power window switches could have been better placed. I would have preferred wind up windows, and side pockets. The cup holders, I really could care less. A bigger trunk, would be a great help for weekend touring. But with some creative packing, two can go on a weekend cruise. I also, do not require A/C in a roadster, and would have appreciated the weight savings, and possible extra horse power. Stereo 1st class!

Favorite Features

Power, body style, handling, traction is great. This car has the factory sport suspension, and limited slip differential. It is turbo charged, and gets 32-36 mpg. I like the feel and support of the seats. The sport pedals. The dealership gave me an exceptional deal.Car well treated, full of gas.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk space, reposition cup holders, side pockets if possible, in the doors. offer a luggage rack on the rear deck. reposition power window switches on drivers side. Fender extensions on wheel wells, to prevent rocks, debris from flying up. Better mirrors, improve visibility, especially with top up

Very Satisfied
By KyDave

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After selling a Honda S2000 over year ago I decided to jump back into the vert world. The Solstice really wasn't in the running until I got the $3000 dollar coupon from my GMCard. I paid just over 16.5k for a brand new '08 with the wheel package, Monsoon radio (a must), and a few other goodies. The car stickered at $26,062. An unbelievable deal and I'm pleasantly surprised with the ride, handling and even the performance of the 2.4 ltr. The fit and finish is great and the materials aren't as cheap as I had expected from a GM product. This may just be the best car deal I've ever made.

Favorite Features

Monsoon radio--very nice Short throw shifter is less sluggish than I had expected Appearance with top down is awesome

Suggested Improvements

Leather steering wheel should be standard Small storage area in console would be great for sunglasses etc

This is what I've wanted a along
By Paul

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Magazine reviewers have lost the perspective of being an actual owner of the car. This car makes me feel 25 years younger and, for the first time, strangers actually look at what I'm driving. Even had a couple take a picture of it! It handles like better than any car I've EVER driven, accelerates on a touch, and stops evenly and when I want it to. For a big guy like me, it's comfortable and reasonably roomy (for a roadster, that is).

Favorite Features

Overall responsiveness, standard features, available options. The car is extremely well built, well-fitting parts, no creaks or groans at the joints or seams.

Suggested Improvements

The top of the speedometer is hidden by the steering wheel, as well as the driving light and suspension control switches.

Weekend toy
By redsol

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I each have one, and they are toys for weekend use. Yes, the guy who placed the switches should be shot, but, in spite of al the complaints from magazine types, we can, with thought, place enough luggage for 2 for a 1 week trip. Just no big bags. There are plenty of storage slots if you look at it, even with the top down. Mileage is way better than EPA says. We get 25 mpg in town on both cars. The top can be a pain, but once you get a system, it's pretty easy. It is a fun car, and handling is great. Took mine to Phx In'tl Raceway's roadcourse and had a blast. yes, the interior design team must have had a party the night before, but the fun factor outweighs the negatives.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling