2008 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:
Mezmerized
By Hypnotized on 08/22/08 04:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In 4 weeks I now have 2800 miles. Car is too fun. Did a weekend trip to Laughlin, NV and averaged 31.8 mpg. Noticed many people speed up to see my car, almost as if they are trying to figure out what kind of car it is. Definitely this is a chick magnet. I love all the attention the women give me just for a ride.

So Much Fun!
By D Gearbox on 08/08/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lake road to and from work every day, it's like a road course, this car is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Fun & Great Toy
By newragtopowner on 07/03/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a fun car to drive! I don't understand how the "expert" reviewers can rate the Sky higher than the Solstice. They are virtually the same car. This is a roadster & therefore should not be considered a roomy car. It would be great if the top were powered instead of manual but it's not difficult to put up & down. I would stop the car to put up & down anyway.

Small Dreams
By Jim on 06/30/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This small car always puts a smile on my face. It is a nice addition to my Harley! Fun for two!

Heroin with Wheels
By John Bruning on 06/30/08 00:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 260 HP Solstice is the most addictive driving experience I've ever had. This car is like mainlining heroin to an auto enthusiast. Quick and agile, but packing plenty of power and kick, the Solstice GXP offers a visceral thrill unseen since the era of the mid-Sixties Corvette roadster. With XM radio, On-Star and enough room in the trunk for an overnight bag, the Solstice is the quintessential date car. I'm courting my wife all over again, and we're having a blast rolling around the back county roads with the top down and a picnic lunch in the trunk. You can't miss with this Pontiac. Test drive it at your peril. You'll find yourself taking one home with no regrets.

Had to have one
By Rwilson on 06/26/08 16:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Got the 08 after seeing it on the road.Did my research first. Back cup holder OK with me. The driver side holder needs improvement. Plastic looks fragile. Airbag light too obvious on dash. Auto trans. works for me, shifts great. Chrome grille would class it up. Would like a removable luggage rack for the back. Could have included door pockets but would sacrifice width. Perhaps a netting to hold odd and ends. Mirrors a little too small. Good sound system with 6 deck CD. My mistake was getting it for my wife. I don't like to beg. Put the SUV away until winter.

2008 Soltice Automatic
By Danny on 06/21/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car and the way it handles. The red is a great color and the car gets a lot of heads turning. I have had so much fun driving this car with top up or down. All around fun to have. Have had no trouble out of this car.

My First Sports Car
By My First Pontiac on 06/18/08 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, Pontiac has excited me with this car! Its fun to drive and turns heads, all my lady friends want to drive it. As well as it handles and is magnetized to the road its hard to let anyone but me drive it. I purchased the car knowing there wasn't much storage space in it. Didn't buy it for storage anyway, as far as the cup holders, wouldn't care if they were there or not. Glad theres not an ashtray, gives me a reason not to let friends smoke in my car!

My First Roadster
By New Roadster Owner on 05/30/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The GPX is amazing! This is the first roadster that I have owned and I am very happy with my choice. The Solstice is the only car that I have been able to drive comfortably. I am a large person (6 ft 325 lbs) with a very long torso. Other cars I have looked at did not have the hip room and head room that I needed. The Solstice has both. One other car I looked at had so little room, I looked OVER the windshield when seated in the car and I could not close the door because it hit my leg. Other than being very comfortable in the Solstice, it is really fun to drive. Other reviews complain about the meager trunk space, all I can to say is this car was only meant for hauling - well you know!!

Greatncar
By ehc on 05/24/08 15:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had no problems with my Solstice. The transmission is the only drawback -- stiff to shift and poor choices in gear ratios.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.