2008 Pontiac Solstice
By Guitargal on
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Honestly - I love this little car! I drove a 4-runner for 10 yrs - loved it! Traded for a 08 Cadillac CTS - felt like a grandma. didn't handle like I thought a $40+K car should. My little Solstice is perfect for downtown driving/parking. It handles well - I don't have a turbo - so have to wind the gears - but I'm cool w/that - and it doesn't seem to mind either. I scratch the tires - every time I get a chance! LOL
Favorite Features
The way it looks! I love the wide tires. Also - I have the Monsoon speakers and it ROCKS! Good gas mileage. Good reliable car - never any problems.
Suggested Improvements
Wish the 08 model had bluetooth - and the no spare tires is kind of weird. Also - we had a snow storm and discovered you have to screw in special tow hooks - there's nothing underneath to latch on to...
By dec121426
on 05/17/11 21:37 PM (PDT)

I own a 2008 GXP Solstice with a Trifecta tune that when I select the traction to the competition mode, resets the computer to a 22psi boost from the turbo. Little does anyone know that this 2.0L block is capable of putting out up to 600 HP with some bolt on improvements! I am perfectly content with the way this little powerhouse performs and feels with the tune that I have now. Fun to drive, responsive and great gas milage (20 in town and 34 on the highway. Consumer reports really blew it on this one. Just because it has a manual convertible top and no trunk space?? Good God man, it's a frickin sports car not a luxury car! This same mentality the consumer reports has it what killed the thunderbird and almost the mustang...turn a sports car into a luxury car, come on!! Hell, turn a Suv into a luxury car..oh I forgot, they've done this already!!