2008 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:
Solstice GXP love affair.
By edgar robertson on 08/02/09 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is very well received at any local show and shines, and parades, that I have entered it in. I have never found that lowering the top is a problem. And, I routinely complete the task, in 15 seconds. Raising it is only slightly more time consuming, requiring 28-30 seconds. The power window switches could have been better placed. I would have preferred wind up windows, and side pockets. The cup holders, I really could care less. A bigger trunk, would be a great help for weekend touring. But with some creative packing, two can go on a weekend cruise. I also, do not require A/C in a roadster, and would have appreciated the weight savings, and possible extra horse power. Stereo 1st class!

Very Satisfied
By KyDave on 06/27/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After selling a Honda S2000 over year ago I decided to jump back into the vert world. The Solstice really wasn't in the running until I got the $3000 dollar coupon from my GMCard. I paid just over 16.5k for a brand new '08 with the wheel package, Monsoon radio (a must), and a few other goodies. The car stickered at $26,062. An unbelievable deal and I'm pleasantly surprised with the ride, handling and even the performance of the 2.4 ltr. The fit and finish is great and the materials aren't as cheap as I had expected from a GM product. This may just be the best car deal I've ever made.

This is what I've wanted a along
By Paul on 05/02/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Magazine reviewers have lost the perspective of being an actual owner of the car. This car makes me feel 25 years younger and, for the first time, strangers actually look at what I'm driving. Even had a couple take a picture of it! It handles like better than any car I've EVER driven, accelerates on a touch, and stops evenly and when I want it to. For a big guy like me, it's comfortable and reasonably roomy (for a roadster, that is).

Weekend toy
By redsol on 04/17/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I each have one, and they are toys for weekend use. Yes, the guy who placed the switches should be shot, but, in spite of al the complaints from magazine types, we can, with thought, place enough luggage for 2 for a 1 week trip. Just no big bags. There are plenty of storage slots if you look at it, even with the top down. Mileage is way better than EPA says. We get 25 mpg in town on both cars. The top can be a pain, but once you get a system, it's pretty easy. It is a fun car, and handling is great. Took mine to Phx In'tl Raceway's roadcourse and had a blast. yes, the interior design team must have had a party the night before, but the fun factor outweighs the negatives.

The Quiet Storm
By hypno1dr on 04/06/09 03:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

With cat-like agility and blistering acceleration, I just love my solstice gxp. While driving from San Diego to Las Vegas and staying fairly close to the speed limit (which is difficult) I actually got 33.1 mpg. As far as the manual top, I can pop it down faster than most automatic tops. As far a putting it back up, it takes a little more time, but still, its not that hard and I don't mind. Yes it does have animalistic head turning looks, and yes it gets a lot of attention from the ladies who want to ride with me. Guys if you want a babe-magnet car, with blistering acceleration, and hurricane force winds with top down, this is the beast (i mean car) to have.

Solstice Advantage
By Happy camper on 03/03/09 15:24 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been a lover of the Old Vets but have never been able to buy one. The solstice gives me the ability to afford a fun car to drive with out costing me a fortune. I love driving this car and enjoy the looks the people give me when I drive by. There is nothing practicle about this car but that is the reason I bought it. It looks great and is a lot of fun to drive!

I'm in love
By pegboy on 02/22/09 06:17 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My father told me to buy an S2000 and my brother said Miata, so I bought my Solstice. I have never enjoyed driving anything as much as I enjoy taking the top down and cruising in this. It is beautiful, sporty, roomy enough for what I wanted, and most deservingly a head-turner. As for the car critics 'not enough room, interior needs better styling, needs more power and handling,' don't get me started. If it were up to the major critical magazines and publications we would all be driving BMW's and Mercedes anyway. For less than 22K out the door, with rebates and employee pricing, I am fully satisfied and laughing at the Z4's and Kompressors. I think I'm gonna buy my wife the coupe. The top needs no improvement. I timed myself with no help other than my buddy pushing start on the stop watch. 10 seconds to lower the top, 8 to put it back up. Tell me your automatic put-the-car-in-park tops can do that.

Too Hot
By Brotzy on 10/03/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. Everyone stares at you like you are driving a spaceship. Never get tired of driving this car. Stereo is awesome. Speaker behind passenger seat will rock you for sure. I'm 57 and feel 16 when I get behind the wheel. The car is my wife's so I only get to drive on weekends. Should by another for me.

Lack of Storage Space? Bunk!
By John Bruning on 09/14/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We've got 3,800 miles on our '08 GXP. It has gone through deserts, an Idaho sand storm, crossed mountains in flash- flood conditions and has shined in every situation. Two rebuttals on criticism: 1.) Some critics say the manual tranny is rough and hard to shift. When broken in at about 3K, it becomes butter-smooth. 2.) No storage space. Bull. You just need to know how to pack. I just took our GXP on a road trip to support a SWAT team's training operation. In the GXP, I had a large camera bag, tripod, large duffel with a week's change of clothes, gun bag, laptop bag, and ten blank-firing pistols, rifles and a shotgun. Plenty of room for all! Treat yourself: buy a GXP!

Finally!
By Steve on 09/13/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been in love with this car months before the first '06 ever hit the road. It was the day before I was to pick up a pre-owned 2008 G6 GT I had just purchased when I was told I just received a pretty substantial pay raise. That was it, it was finally my time!! 4 days later I was driving home my Brazen colored Solstice. I love this car. This car is sexy as hell and IMO blows the Sky away in the looks department. It's a blast to drive and never fails to turn heads. My only regret is I purchased it with only a couple of months of driving days left before it gets put up for the winter. That's ok - between employee pricing and end of season blowout they knocked $5k off the MSRP - what a steal!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.