2008 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:
Great Sports Car
By pilot601 on 02/21/15 15:10 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After selling my convertible Corvette two years ago I started looking for something to take its place. I found a 2008 Solstice that is white with a black top just like the Corvette was. The Solstice is actually more fun to own and drive. It's sporty, quick and just a fun little car to own. The Solstice has awesome lines and performs like sports cars three times its price.

First Car
By swankytigers on 10/07/13 16:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I received this as my first car when I first started driving, and I can honestly say it's been the best car I have ever driven. For 15k, you get an engine that feels just as powerful as a 911. It has very sexy angles that perfect it. Go pontiac!

feel like a kid again
By bill45005 on 05/28/13 05:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice SCCA SSB Champion Edition 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car , a week ago and WOW!!!! I have had my fair share of great fun machines over the years , just to mention a few , 65 GTO convertable , a triumpth gt6, 69 firbird transam,a grifith (289 hi po with webbers etc it was a rocket ship)etc then I went into my big 4 wheel drive phase lol, the last of which was an avalanche 3/4 ton with 8.1 motor, so I have had experance with many hipo machine , but have never had any more fun than this car has given me . it is the scca model 2.4 5 m I bought it for a resonable cost and it only had 7,000 miles on it and gm certified car it is absolutly flawless . The fun I have already had is great ,top is not a big deal to put up or down

This is my favorite toy.
By ccaffrey on 06/13/12 07:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ever since I first seen this car in a magazine, I thought that it was the most beautiful car that I had ever seen. Having to always have some kind of muscle car, I didn't buy a Solstice until they put the turbo in it. Then, I installed a K&N filter and finally, I had the GM turbo upgrade kit installed. Now my 2008 GXP will scream. Imagine 300 hp in a go cart. I love everything about it except, no spare, not console, no trunk space and the location of the electric windows. My Solstice is Blazen Oranage and I had tinted windows installed and that little touch really added to the beauty of this little screamer. Garage kept in winter. My every day car is a Toyota 2012 full loaded FJ.

Great car with some small irritations
By G. Kline on 06/25/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a base model for over 2 years now. I'm very happy with the performance, handling, and gas mileage. The car is beautiful and I've got some great and interesting compliments on it. It is great fun and I love it, but there are some bad points. As several others have said, the interior design is lacking. No storage space, bad cup holders, the temperature control is one of the worst I've seen (should have been more like my 2000 Firebird). I don't know why people complain about reliability. I have over 60,000 miles already (fun to drive, daily driver)and have had little to no problems. Too bad Pontiac folded, GM needs to keep producing these some how.

2008 Pontiac Solstice
By Guitargal on 04/08/10 11:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Honestly - I love this little car! I drove a 4-runner for 10 yrs - loved it! Traded for a 08 Cadillac CTS - felt like a grandma. didn't handle like I thought a $40+K car should. My little Solstice is perfect for downtown driving/parking. It handles well - I don't have a turbo - so have to wind the gears - but I'm cool w/that - and it doesn't seem to mind either. I scratch the tires - every time I get a chance! LOL

excellent
By Wanda on 03/02/10 15:23 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have never had any problems. Always get the oil changed and car maintained at the given times. Fun car and I am sorry the car won't be made now in the following years. Good buy with fun results.

Not Fun
By Gene G. on 01/25/10 14:19 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drove this car for two years. Continually took it back to dealer for various leaks. Handled terribly compared to my Miata. Poorly and cheaply constructed. After two years I could see this car could not be relied on for the long haul. I sold it and bought a Honda Civic which is solid reliable, much better milage and handled more like a sports car than the Solstice. Good ridance. Stay away from.

A wonderful car
By Rojo-GXP on 11/23/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm proud to say that I have had my red GXP for almost 2 years and have had 29000 trouble free miles. I have the GMPP 290HP tune, a cold air intake, and Solo Performance catback exhaust and it makes for a VERY quick car (0-60 in 4.9sec) and it's a very sexy ride. Parked beside BMW, Porshe or Mercedes cars and it will ALWAYS generate more nice comments and turned- heads. Sad that 2010 ends the run of this little car. GM got it right at the end. Maybe someone else will continue the line. If you want a great- looking fun-to-drive car with the most bang for the buck, this is it.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!
By lovemysolstice on 10/22/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new 08 Solstice(base) 5 weeks ago and am loving every minute of it. Most of the reviews list similar negatives which are true, but as for the storage issues, lack of a spare tire, fussy top operation, plasticky interior and ridiculous cupholders, etc..., I would not want any of these items improved if it compromised the beautiful looks or low price of the car. Performance in my base model, while nothing exciting, is adequate. I am 6' 215 lbs and the car is plenty comfortable, although I am wishing I had gotten power windows, due only to the fact that the window crank protrudes in to the area where my left leg rests and is a bit uncomfortable. Did I mention that I love this car?

1 2 3 4 5 next »