Used 2008 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Solstice

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

Perfect for a weekend for 2
By Carl

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I where looking for a little 'mid-life crisis' fun - we are both in our early 50's. I had previously owned a 1974 Fiat Spider in my youth, so we looked at used re-conditioned Spiders - while from a nostalgia stand point it seemed fun, it wasn't practical - too many modern bells and whistles missing. We came across the Solstice on at a used sports car dealer with a good reputation - in really well kept shape and low mileage for a 2008 (30k) and attractive price. Very happy with it - we didn't need top end performance , but it is sporty, turns heads and a fun weekend play 'toy'. Stowage for gear isn't the greatest, but we can get what we need in it for an extended weekend get-away - a small duffle bag, camera and a couple of lens. Well worth the price we paid, decent gas mileage and alot of fun.

Great Sports Car
By pilot601

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After selling my convertible Corvette two years ago I started looking for something to take its place.
I found a 2008 Solstice that is white with a black top just like the Corvette was.
The Solstice is actually more fun to own and drive. It's sporty, quick and just a fun little car to own.
The Solstice has awesome lines and performs like sports cars three times its price.

Body Style Handling People asking what kind of car it is. Ease of parking

More interior storage.

First Car
By swankytigers

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I received this as my first car when I first started driving, and I can honestly say it's been the best car I have ever driven. For 15k, you get an engine that feels just as powerful as a 911. It has very sexy angles that perfect it.
Go pontiac!

Leather seats = so comfortable. Color choices! I got brazen orange.

feel like a kid again
By bill45005

2008 Pontiac Solstice SCCA SSB Champion Edition 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car , a week ago and WOW!!!! I have had my fair share of great fun machines over the years , just to mention a few , 65 GTO convertable , a triumpth gt6, 69 firbird transam,a grifith (289 hi po with webbers etc it was a rocket ship)etc then I went into my big 4 wheel drive phase lol, the last of which was an avalanche 3/4 ton with 8.1 motor, so I have had experance with many hipo machine , but have never had any more fun than this car has given me . it is the scca model 2.4 5 m
I bought it for a resonable cost and it only had 7,000 miles on it and gm certified car it is absolutly flawless . The fun I have already had is great ,top is not a big deal to put up or down

faverate hmmmm FUN and good mpg , with head spinning good looks, stability contral works great

its no longer made so best thing would be for GM to restart and call it a buick or a chevy

This is my favorite toy.
By ccaffrey

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ever since I first seen this car in a magazine, I thought that it was the most beautiful car that I had ever seen.
Having to always have some kind of muscle car, I didn't buy a Solstice until they put the turbo in it.
Then, I installed a K&N filter and finally, I had the GM turbo upgrade kit installed.
Now my 2008 GXP will scream.
Imagine 300 hp in a go cart.
I love everything about it except, no spare, not console, no trunk space and the location of the electric windows.
My Solstice is Blazen Oranage and I had tinted windows installed and that little touch really added to the beauty of this little screamer. Garage kept in winter.
My every day car is a Toyota 2012 full loaded FJ.

Everything about it. Especially the Turbo Upgrade kit.

Keep on making them. Move electric window swiches forward. Needs Console. More storage space. More lumbar support (I have serious lower back problems).