Used 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

GXP 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (41 reviews )

4 wheel motorcycle
By Virgil Wallace

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm 68 and was looking for a fun, great looking car like a Cadillac xlr or Plymouth Prowler or maybe a Can-Am motorcycle. I didn't think I could fit into a Solstice but found that I could. The gxp is a hot rod and an event to drive. It rides and drives better than the xlr and the prowler at much less cost. I just can't help punching the turbo... what a blast. I could easily get myself in trouble with the law. Many people complain about the power window swithes being hard to reach... if you reach across your belly with your right hand they work well.

excellent sport's car
By Paul Burkhart

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

There is very little cargo room, but the car is sweet.

Head Turner
By paintman1966

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought last year at 45k miles, have 56k now and it's been great. Exactly like all the previous good reviews. Went on 340 mile trip from Maine to Vermont and back and avg'd 38.4 MPG!! 95 mile roundtrip to Portland, Me and avg'd 37.5 MPG!! of course I had my GF in the car and foot off the turbo. She loves the car and we are planning on buying a second one someday so we won't have to share. Location of PWR window switches is the most aggravating thing about this car. I put top up or down in @30 secs at stop lights. Co-worker has base Sol and test drove my GXP and says definite difference :) Been getting great comments on its looks from the beginning:

Torque throughout the whole tach range. Very peppy and no low-end drag like Honda S2000 we test drove. Head turning! Had a person think it was a $75k car. Comfortable for me (6 ft tall) and GF who is 5'1" ( both of us avg wt). Gas mileage avg is 31 MPG but alot higher if I drive sensibly, which is hard to do :)

Move the PWR window switches!! I need to bend my wrist 90 degrees to get at them. Coin pocket/slot would be nice. Radio on/off button moved so I don't hit it accidentally when shifting into 3rd gear though having on/off/volume control right there at fingertips with hand on shifter is nice. Anti-glare for instruments. PWR seat height adjuster is not on earlier 07's, which my GF would like to help with visibility.

More than a navy blue toy
By Ben Painter

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We purchased car new with the notion it would a toy for us retired folk. We live mid-way between the Carolina coast and Blue Ridge and soon learned that, despite small size, it is a competent and comfortable. The GXP is equally at home going up steep, curvy grades or cruising flat interstates. It is short on luggage space but, carrying only essentials is a worth- while trade for the fun. First gear is a bit short and abrupt for stop-go traffic. Third is wonderfully long which makes city driving easy. Fourth is good to 65 MPH. The car communicates. Don't look at the tach; listen to engine, feel with the seat of your pants and feet. It will tell you what it likes.

The engineering and technology of direct injection and turbo boost turn a small engine into one that even a good ol' boy, who grew up with big- block V8s, can truly appreciate. The torque band is wide and flat which makes driving stick shift easy. Clutch is smooth and linear. Gear shifts are easy.

GM no longer offers a Solstice equivalent but, when the concept is reborn, pay attention to quality control. My clutch failed at 1,200 miles due to improper installation. The American auto worker is fully capable of recognizing and delivering quality. Demand it because your future depends on it.

Love this car!
By Rosy

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've wanted a convertible for a long, long, time and now that the kids are grown and gone this was the perfect opportunity. This car is classy and just beautiful. Stands out from the other convertibles and you won't see a bunch of them on the road. Yes, the trunk is small, but so what. If I wanted a "trunk", I would have kept my Infinity. This car hugs the road and just feels tight. Love it!

Everything!