2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Consumer Reviews

GXP 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (39 reviews )
Head Turner
By paintman1966 on 11/04/11 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought last year at 45k miles, have 56k now and it's been great. Exactly like all the previous good reviews. Went on 340 mile trip from Maine to Vermont and back and avg'd 38.4 MPG!! 95 mile roundtrip to Portland, Me and avg'd 37.5 MPG!! of course I had my GF in the car and foot off the turbo. She loves the car and we are planning on buying a second one someday so we won't have to share. Location of PWR window switches is the most aggravating thing about this car. I put top up or down in @30 secs at stop lights. Co-worker has base Sol and test drove my GXP and says definite difference :) Been getting great comments on its looks from the beginning:

More than a navy blue toy
By Ben Painter on 08/28/10 03:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We purchased car new with the notion it would a toy for us retired folk. We live mid-way between the Carolina coast and Blue Ridge and soon learned that, despite small size, it is a competent and comfortable. The GXP is equally at home going up steep, curvy grades or cruising flat interstates. It is short on luggage space but, carrying only essentials is a worth- while trade for the fun. First gear is a bit short and abrupt for stop-go traffic. Third is wonderfully long which makes city driving easy. Fourth is good to 65 MPH. The car communicates. Don't look at the tach; listen to engine, feel with the seat of your pants and feet. It will tell you what it likes.

Love this car!
By Rosy on 04/17/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've wanted a convertible for a long, long, time and now that the kids are grown and gone this was the perfect opportunity. This car is classy and just beautiful. Stands out from the other convertibles and you won't see a bunch of them on the road. Yes, the trunk is small, but so what. If I wanted a "trunk", I would have kept my Infinity. This car hugs the road and just feels tight. Love it!

Aint about romm
By Angioman on 09/21/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car isn't about room it is about fun. i bought mine used and it had 4500 miles on it. Everybody's head turns when you go by them. The chrome wheels and exhaust give it a very good look. Fuel mileage is excellent averaging 27 city and highway combined.

7/8-Scale Corvette
By jdII on 02/04/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ridiculous good looks attract a crowd everywhere I go. Flip off the traction control and make Corvette-like tire smoke. Enduraflex panels make parking lots non-scary. The Eco-Tech Turbo motor is impressive and pulls hard at virtually all RPMs. Very neutral handling posture especially at the limits, impressive brakes. In the final analysis, think of this car as a 7/8-scale Corvette. It's sexy, overt, a little louder and ready to eat GT Mustangs at the next stoplight. Despite the bravado, it is civil enough my wife can drive it and enjoy the car's appeal. Would like to see a few more exterior visual cues to differentiate the GXP from the normally aspirated model.

Great Roadster with power to spare
By Nate on 11/12/08 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just want to drive this car all of the time. Sadly, I will store it for the long Michigan winter soon. I have owned quite a few sports cars and this one takes the cake. This is a roadster in the purist form of the word. I do not care if the top takes me 2 minutes to put up or down. I don't care that it has little storage or some of the swithes are a little hard to get to. I understand and appreciate the car for what it is. And quite frankly, I feel Pontiac and GM nailed it with the GXP. I have owned a BMW M-3 and I think the cars manual 5 speed transmissions feel the same. I wonder if the writers for car mags just don't like to admit GM did it better than anyone else. I love this car.

Too much fun
By Onefunponcho on 10/25/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Pros: The car is the best bang for the buck!! Grips the road like its on rails. Flashes right to whatever speed you need. the small turbo engine makes great power yet still great on gas. The best of everything. The auto tranny shifts like clock work.The premium sound upgrade is dandy with tune you can feel! Cons: A bit less hard plastic in the interior would be great. The exhaust is just way to quiet. And the trunk space it tiny. Hints: Two soft sided plain 24 inch duffels are ideal for the storage compartment. You must pack thrifty on long trips.

Reliability needs to be #1 for USA!!
By Hauss on 08/31/08 22:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well we've had this car for 17 months and the darn thing has visited the dealership 22 times. We've had the window seals replaced, ring and pinion seal replaced, axle seals replaced, steering wheel controls replaced, top worked on countless times, and now the transmission is making noise. This is ONE fun car to drive, get many comments on it. People are always asking what is this? Do you like it? I have a hard time telling them. This is the last American made car I will purchase. We had 3 Infinitis prior to this, never had a problem. Now this, due to me wife just had to have it. I wish they would take it back and put it where the sun doesn't shine. It's just not worth the hassle.

Good Looking and HOT!!
By Impe1595 on 03/25/08 17:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For me, it is two things, the styling and the engine. This car is beautiful and fast. I don't care that there is not much storage space, or that the top is not so easy to operate, that the cup holders are a joke, that the instruments are hard to see - I don't care! Because even though I will never drive it more than about 7/10's, when I step on it it goes, and it goes fast; and I love the look of the sloping front fenders from inside, and big tires and exhaust pipes from outside. I'm 65 and I've had many cars; I never thought that I would have anything to rival the beauty of my 71 E-Type Coupe, but this Solstice does come close. I smile every time I go into the garage.

Too much fun
By GM guy on 02/05/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Solstice GXP is a great small run around have fun ride. The handling is superb gas mileage if you drive with care will reach close to 35 MPG around town a good 28 in mixed commuter traffic if you are on it 25 is what I get. My wife who has not been a sporty car fan loves it! She likes the ride ease of handling and loves the stick tranny. Body is tight no squeaks. The negatives are seat belt is hard to find and it has hard to reach cup holders. On the hole GM finally got it right on fun and price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.