Used 2007 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

4 wheel motorcycle
By Virgil Wallace

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm 68 and was looking for a fun, great looking car like a Cadillac xlr or Plymouth Prowler or maybe a Can-Am motorcycle. I didn't think I could fit into a Solstice but found that I could. The gxp is a hot rod and an event to drive. It rides and drives better than the xlr and the prowler at much less cost. I just can't help punching the turbo... what a blast. I could easily get myself in trouble with the law. Many people complain about the power window swithes being hard to reach... if you reach across your belly with your right hand they work well.

Great car!
By Erik Gonzalez

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is an amazing car for two people but not for carrying anything out than the two people.

excellent sport's car
By Paul Burkhart

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

There is very little cargo room, but the car is sweet.

IT'S A SPORTSCAR NOT A LUXURY FAMILY CAR
By hurricane43

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sportscar made for fun not a luxuary car designed for ultimate comfort and convenience. If you want to really get out and enjoy driving a fun car and turn heads this is the car to have. It is reminicent of the 53 corvette with the front end design. It is a blast to drive and has performed very well in the 2 years my wife has had it. I bought it for her approx. 2 years ago and it had 18,000 miles on it and now has 36,000 miles and the only service has been oil changes and replaced tail light bulb(warranty covered that) and replaced a plastic clip on the top that enabled it to close all the way. We both love this car and enjoy getting out with the top down and hitting the road.

I have nothing to say negative about any of the cars features. This is a true sportscar. I had an Austin Healy Sprite in the 70's and we loved it and you had to be a sportscar lover to even sit in one. I would advise anyone who would like to have a head turner this is the one. Kids love it as it was one of the origional Transformers. They will run down the street waving at you.

They need to make the clip that enables the top to go all the way forward to close out of metal inststead of plastic.

Head Turner
By paintman1966

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought last year at 45k miles, have 56k now and it's been great. Exactly like all the previous good reviews. Went on 340 mile trip from Maine to Vermont and back and avg'd 38.4 MPG!! 95 mile roundtrip to Portland, Me and avg'd 37.5 MPG!! of course I had my GF in the car and foot off the turbo. She loves the car and we are planning on buying a second one someday so we won't have to share. Location of PWR window switches is the most aggravating thing about this car. I put top up or down in @30 secs at stop lights. Co-worker has base Sol and test drove my GXP and says definite difference :) Been getting great comments on its looks from the beginning:

Torque throughout the whole tach range. Very peppy and no low-end drag like Honda S2000 we test drove. Head turning! Had a person think it was a $75k car. Comfortable for me (6 ft tall) and GF who is 5'1" ( both of us avg wt). Gas mileage avg is 31 MPG but alot higher if I drive sensibly, which is hard to do :)

Move the PWR window switches!! I need to bend my wrist 90 degrees to get at them. Coin pocket/slot would be nice. Radio on/off button moved so I don't hit it accidentally when shifting into 3rd gear though having on/off/volume control right there at fingertips with hand on shifter is nice. Anti-glare for instruments. PWR seat height adjuster is not on earlier 07's, which my GF would like to help with visibility.