Used 2007 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac Solstice

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

IT'S A SPORTSCAR NOT A LUXURY FAMILY CAR
By hurricane43

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sportscar made for fun not a luxuary car designed for ultimate comfort and convenience. If you want to really get out and enjoy driving a fun car and turn heads this is the car to have. It is reminicent of the 53 corvette with the front end design. It is a blast to drive and has performed very well in the 2 years my wife has had it. I bought it for her approx. 2 years ago and it had 18,000 miles on it and now has 36,000 miles and the only service has been oil changes and replaced tail light bulb(warranty covered that) and replaced a plastic clip on the top that enabled it to close all the way. We both love this car and enjoy getting out with the top down and hitting the road.

Favorite Features

I have nothing to say negative about any of the cars features. This is a true sportscar. I had an Austin Healy Sprite in the 70's and we loved it and you had to be a sportscar lover to even sit in one. I would advise anyone who would like to have a head turner this is the one. Kids love it as it was one of the origional Transformers. They will run down the street waving at you.

Suggested Improvements

They need to make the clip that enables the top to go all the way forward to close out of metal inststead of plastic.

Head Turner
By paintman1966

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought last year at 45k miles, have 56k now and it's been great. Exactly like all the previous good reviews. Went on 340 mile trip from Maine to Vermont and back and avg'd 38.4 MPG!! 95 mile roundtrip to Portland, Me and avg'd 37.5 MPG!! of course I had my GF in the car and foot off the turbo. She loves the car and we are planning on buying a second one someday so we won't have to share. Location of PWR window switches is the most aggravating thing about this car. I put top up or down in @30 secs at stop lights. Co-worker has base Sol and test drove my GXP and says definite difference :) Been getting great comments on its looks from the beginning:

Favorite Features

Torque throughout the whole tach range. Very peppy and no low-end drag like Honda S2000 we test drove. Head turning! Had a person think it was a $75k car. Comfortable for me (6 ft tall) and GF who is 5'1" ( both of us avg wt). Gas mileage avg is 31 MPG but alot higher if I drive sensibly, which is hard to do :)

Suggested Improvements

Move the PWR window switches!! I need to bend my wrist 90 degrees to get at them. Coin pocket/slot would be nice. Radio on/off button moved so I don't hit it accidentally when shifting into 3rd gear though having on/off/volume control right there at fingertips with hand on shifter is nice. Anti-glare for instruments. PWR seat height adjuster is not on earlier 07's, which my GF would like to help with visibility.

Perfectly Impractical
By Atlantiswaites

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for someone who just plain likes to drive. This is not for someone who wants a super smooth Cadillac ride, but wants to have a little bitty car, with a lot of performance. Even though the editor's review of the car talked about lack of performance with the base Solstice, I like it. I know I would have a lot of issues with grip on the road if I had that GXP (thanks to my lead foot) so I actually like this one. GREAT to drive.

Favorite Features

Fast, fun to drive, ridiculously cute, great sound system, leather seats, nice rumble of the engine, not a straight line on the exterior. all curves.

Suggested Improvements

More seat adjustments needed, more internal storage

More than a navy blue toy
By Ben Painter

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We purchased car new with the notion it would a toy for us retired folk. We live mid-way between the Carolina coast and Blue Ridge and soon learned that, despite small size, it is a competent and comfortable. The GXP is equally at home going up steep, curvy grades or cruising flat interstates. It is short on luggage space but, carrying only essentials is a worth- while trade for the fun. First gear is a bit short and abrupt for stop-go traffic. Third is wonderfully long which makes city driving easy. Fourth is good to 65 MPH. The car communicates. Don't look at the tach; listen to engine, feel with the seat of your pants and feet. It will tell you what it likes.

Favorite Features

The engineering and technology of direct injection and turbo boost turn a small engine into one that even a good ol' boy, who grew up with big- block V8s, can truly appreciate. The torque band is wide and flat which makes driving stick shift easy. Clutch is smooth and linear. Gear shifts are easy.

Suggested Improvements

GM no longer offers a Solstice equivalent but, when the concept is reborn, pay attention to quality control. My clutch failed at 1,200 miles due to improper installation. The American auto worker is fully capable of recognizing and delivering quality. Demand it because your future depends on it.

Love this car!
By Rosy

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've wanted a convertible for a long, long, time and now that the kids are grown and gone this was the perfect opportunity. This car is classy and just beautiful. Stands out from the other convertibles and you won't see a bunch of them on the road. Yes, the trunk is small, but so what. If I wanted a "trunk", I would have kept my Infinity. This car hugs the road and just feels tight. Love it!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

No complaints!