2007 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:
IT'S A SPORTSCAR NOT A LUXURY FAMILY CAR
By hurricane43 on 05/02/12 12:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sportscar made for fun not a luxuary car designed for ultimate comfort and convenience. If you want to really get out and enjoy driving a fun car and turn heads this is the car to have. It is reminicent of the 53 corvette with the front end design. It is a blast to drive and has performed very well in the 2 years my wife has had it. I bought it for her approx. 2 years ago and it had 18,000 miles on it and now has 36,000 miles and the only service has been oil changes and replaced tail light bulb(warranty covered that) and replaced a plastic clip on the top that enabled it to close all the way. We both love this car and enjoy getting out with the top down and hitting the road.

Head Turner
By paintman1966 on 11/04/11 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought last year at 45k miles, have 56k now and it's been great. Exactly like all the previous good reviews. Went on 340 mile trip from Maine to Vermont and back and avg'd 38.4 MPG!! 95 mile roundtrip to Portland, Me and avg'd 37.5 MPG!! of course I had my GF in the car and foot off the turbo. She loves the car and we are planning on buying a second one someday so we won't have to share. Location of PWR window switches is the most aggravating thing about this car. I put top up or down in @30 secs at stop lights. Co-worker has base Sol and test drove my GXP and says definite difference :) Been getting great comments on its looks from the beginning:

Perfectly Impractical
By Atlantiswaites on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for someone who just plain likes to drive. This is not for someone who wants a super smooth Cadillac ride, but wants to have a little bitty car, with a lot of performance. Even though the editor's review of the car talked about lack of performance with the base Solstice, I like it. I know I would have a lot of issues with grip on the road if I had that GXP (thanks to my lead foot) so I actually like this one. GREAT to drive.

More than a navy blue toy
By Ben Painter on 08/28/10 03:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We purchased car new with the notion it would a toy for us retired folk. We live mid-way between the Carolina coast and Blue Ridge and soon learned that, despite small size, it is a competent and comfortable. The GXP is equally at home going up steep, curvy grades or cruising flat interstates. It is short on luggage space but, carrying only essentials is a worth- while trade for the fun. First gear is a bit short and abrupt for stop-go traffic. Third is wonderfully long which makes city driving easy. Fourth is good to 65 MPH. The car communicates. Don't look at the tach; listen to engine, feel with the seat of your pants and feet. It will tell you what it likes.

Love this car!
By Rosy on 04/17/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've wanted a convertible for a long, long, time and now that the kids are grown and gone this was the perfect opportunity. This car is classy and just beautiful. Stands out from the other convertibles and you won't see a bunch of them on the road. Yes, the trunk is small, but so what. If I wanted a "trunk", I would have kept my Infinity. This car hugs the road and just feels tight. Love it!

A real sweet ride
By vespagl on 03/23/10 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is all about fun and styling. It handles wonderfully on the twisties and is a real head turner. It is certainly not a practical everyday vehicle, but in my case it is my weekend toy. I have had Miatas, and this car is so much more satisfying to own and drive. (Probably because it looks so darned special, as opposed to the Miatas somewhat mundane styling). I wanted a vehicle that closely gives the feel of those classic 1960's British sports cars (light, nimble, modest power plant), and the Solstice delivers in spades.

Nothing more fun or gorgeous than this!
By Gabriel1 on 03/17/10 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely LOVE this car! Since the moment I brought her home I have been crazy about the way it looks, the way it drives/handles, and the way it attracts positive attention every where I go. This is strictly a "fair weather machine" for me. (I do 'baby' my toys!) Nothing more fun than to take this car on a trip to the Napa vineyards or the Pacific Coast on a sunny day or for tackling the mountain turns on a trip up the Sierra Mts to Lake Tahoe!

Had the car since summer
By Boomster on 02/04/10 16:07 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Haven't had any issues with the car at all. It drives like a dream, and it's just as fun to drive as a Corvette. Hugs the road and you feel like you have total control. Probably why it's won so many professional drifting events in the past. Nothing like the top being down. Great stereo system if you have the Monsoon upgrade. The subwoofer really shakes the passenger, lol Great pick up and go for the regular trim style. Would love to drive the GXP to see the difference. But it should make most people happy with it's power. I can definitely pass most cars with ease if I need to.

Aint about romm
By Angioman on 09/21/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car isn't about room it is about fun. i bought mine used and it had 4500 miles on it. Everybody's head turns when you go by them. The chrome wheels and exhaust give it a very good look. Fuel mileage is excellent averaging 27 city and highway combined.

Awesome Surprise
By Mar on 08/17/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was a surprise birthday gift from my husband. It's a beauty and draws lots of attention. Ride is almost as great as our Harley. Our three year old grandson calls it Lightning McQueen.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.