Used 2006 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (144 reviews )

Fun on the cheap
By Dave Reed

Great Styling, low cost sport car. Fun, but unrefined. Noisy Ride

6 years and 100,000 miles
By David256

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 Solstice in 2008, when it had about 15K miles. Upon delivery the top fastening hook was damaged, and the rear end was bad (differential too noisy to be OK). The water pump has a small leak, too.

A dealership replaced the rear end as a warrantied item, and I fixed the top. Nearly 85K miles later, the water pump seal was finally passing enough coolant to warrant replacing the pump.

I got the car out of the shop Saturday, and today marked 100K miles on the odometer.

Overall this car has been a very good car, very satisfying to drive, and has never stranded me.

Still great looks, performance efficiency and value, reliability.

More interior room, better quality interior panels/dash, a tiny bit more vroom, manual locks.

Nice ride
By Eic

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Solstice is my first convertible after years of dreaming of owning a convertible; of ANY kind. I have driven and researched many kinds of convertibles. The Solstice turned out to be a real deal on many levels; since Pontiac is no longer in business the 1st year production models became something of a collector's item, it's fun to drive, easy to maintain and affordable. No disappointments. A cool car and I just love it in RED.

Styling is cool.

A little more trunk space for an overnight bag

do not buy this car
By barefoot67

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i would warn anyone against buying this vehicle. I bought mine a year ago with very low mileage and still in warrenty. recently I noticed the service airbag light coming on and also that i could not get the car into 4th gear. took it to the local GM dealer and was told it would cost $700- $800 to fix the airbad and another $1500 to fix the transmission. I am looking at $2500 or more to get the car back to where i can sell it or trade it. the car has a rough ride and no trunk at all. it is not a very practical car. they said the transmission is made in Taiwan so no telling how long it will be before i get parts or my car back. this is a nightmare. stay away from this car.

Learning Experience
By andldvor

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owning the car was fun, obviously it is nice to look at and definitely attracts attention. Before this car I was use to smooth riding coupes or sedans so this was a change in road feel. I realized that I enjoyed driving a smoother ride much better, so am going to trade it in. i also purchased the manual transmission which has become a hassle now that i live in a city with endless red lights. I felt like the engine stuttered a little at times in third. It has never broken down on me or anything like that, but I definitely miss a bigger four door car with a smoother ride.

Two tone leather interior, radio display (when you could see it), overall outward appearance of the car

cup holder on passenger side gets stuck, radio dials on steering wheel should be on left hand side as your right hand is usually shifting, accidentally muted my radio when turning numerous times, plastic comes off of middle console and emergency break at times, floor mat hook too far back