Used 2006 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac Solstice - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (146 reviews )

My American English Roadster
By Klaus VB

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have long wished for an affordable English Roadster - 2 seats, impractical, zoomy, fun car. Most of those have left the realm of affordability. So after test driving 5 times, I took a chance on this car. No regrets at all. I love how it drives, I love how zoomy it is. There are so few out there that you don't see many on the road and people think it is WAY more expensive a sports car than it actually is. Heads turn wherever I go and people approach me at the gas station to talk about it. Since it is my 'fun car', I do not worry much about the storage capacity (there is almost none). If you are looking for something to cruise in, run about on a beautiful day or drive to work (and then daydream about leaving for the day) than this is your car. ON THE OTHER HAND - I wish GM had put a little nicer fit and finish in the interior. The hard plastics are a bummer and the leather isn't great. The top is a little wonky to get up and down, but when stowed the car looks fantastic. I have had the car for over a year now and have only had to change the oil.

It is a number 60 in the first year of production
By Rich

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love the style, very reliable handles great. Stero wonderful the looks of this car is priceless, and I feel like a millionaire driving the car in the Hamptons. People stop to say that I have a beautiful car. I really love it. Never a problem right now I have 8800 miles. Very low. But I intend to use it much more this summer.

Fun on the cheap
By Dave Reed

Great Styling, low cost sport car. Fun, but unrefined. Noisy Ride

6 years and 100,000 miles
By David256

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 Solstice in 2008, when it had about 15K miles. Upon delivery the top fastening hook was damaged, and the rear end was bad (differential too noisy to be OK). The water pump has a small leak, too.

A dealership replaced the rear end as a warrantied item, and I fixed the top. Nearly 85K miles later, the water pump seal was finally passing enough coolant to warrant replacing the pump.

I got the car out of the shop Saturday, and today marked 100K miles on the odometer.

Overall this car has been a very good car, very satisfying to drive, and has never stranded me.

Nice ride
By Eic

2006 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Solstice is my first convertible after years of dreaming of owning a convertible; of ANY kind. I have driven and researched many kinds of convertibles. The Solstice turned out to be a real deal on many levels; since Pontiac is no longer in business the 1st year production models became something of a collector's item, it's fun to drive, easy to maintain and affordable. No disappointments. A cool car and I just love it in RED.

Styling is cool.

A little more trunk space for an overnight bag