2005 Pontiac Montana - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
I Came Back, Glad I Did!!!
By Roger on 04/09/05 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 99 Montana. Loved it. But when the lease was up, I traded it for a Rendezvous. Big mistake. It was a long 3 years! I've had my 2005 SV6 since March 1st. It's wonderful. It rides better, handles better, has fewer blind spots, than the Buick. I'm so glad I came back to Pontiac.

Pontiac Montana
By Mike Gaines on 03/29/05 12:58 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Montana is an excellent value. Our van was completely loaded and was purchased for thousands less than comparable vans. Reliabilty and quality have been very good, with no issues to date.

Wow What A Ride
By ltlbt0101 on 03/18/05 11:05 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan AWD w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Thank You so much for making this van. Not only is it fun to drive, but the looks that this van gets and all the awes! I have had the van for almost a month now and can't find anything wrong, I drive a lot and back roads that wind the van handles very well and seems to form to the road. The traction control is another great feature the other day I found it to be very handy and I didn't have to kick it in, in just kicked in on its own. I have to depend on a dependable ride and I know that i've found it. Again thank you for such a great Van. PS: The leather interior is really sharp and all the extra features are wonderful.

The happy family
By Becky on 03/16/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our Aztec for a nicely equipped Montana SV6 with 1SB package. The standard OnStar is not only a nice feature, but helped to lower my auto insurance because it is considered an anti-theft device. The optional rear parking assist, optional power sliding doors, and standard DVD player help to keep us all happy and our 18 month old content). While some might find the 200 horses lacking, I find it to be plenty after driving the 185 hp Aztec for 3 years. I miss the heads up display and fog lights from the Aztec, but otherwise am very happy with the purchase. The body styling is MUCH more appealing than the OLD Montana too.

What i've looked for In a Van
By ZipperZ on 03/11/05 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan AWD w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this minivan in Feb of 2005 I already owned a Montana minivan but I saw this and just fell in love with it. Its every thing I had been looking for. The SUV look with the room of the van. If one word could describe how I feel about my Montana would be WOW!

2005 Montana Ford & Mercuray Previous
By Francis E Walter on 03/05/05 02:15 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable riding, Driver's captains chair is adjustable (electrical), I am handicapped and entering and exiting from any seating area is excellent. Front and side air bags provides excellent safety with light to extremely fast opening depending on type accident. Excellent cargo space. interior lighting for front and rear passengers excellent. Rear heat and air plus headset jacks for passengers. Rear heat and air controled from the drivers area and the rear passenger area. Factory fog lighs excellent assistance in bad weather as well as just night driving. Rear windshield wiper and front wipers poor design for snow and ice area of residence. Freeze and hard to thaw. Controls on steering wheel.

Excellent Status
By Notcho on 02/24/05 06:08 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted a vehicle that would allow some movement in the vehicle while traveling. This one has auto outlets as well as a 110 outlet that can be used for a small plug in fridge. When I need to use the 4 cup coffee pot or microwave I just unplug the fridge for a few minutes and use the micro to pop some popcorn or what ever.. It also has a built in pump for pumping up what ever is needed. Last week I had a flat from a slug I picked up. Instead of having to change the flat tire I just got out the hose for the pump , blew up the tire and drove to the station for repair. Excellent handling and roadability.

My Montana
By montanauser on 02/19/05 12:18 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Other than the fact that was a fleet vehicle or so we were told by the maintenance department (not the sales) It seems overall to be an ok vehicle. We are having some electrical issues. brake lights etc;. also one problem with the windsheild whistling and service blew smoke at us till warranty won't assist. also the drivers seat has always had a slight lean that makes it uncomfortable on longer trips

lov the sv6
By jane sawyers on 02/19/05 08:01 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Room and utility. Have driven vans for many years - this is by far the best van on the market today. Keep up the great work pontiac.

I would buy it again
By Trisa on 01/23/05 12:34 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I use it like a work horse and it performs amicably. I works well for the family and all the stress children can place on a vehicle. The Montana Vision has made long trips tolerable with the kids.