2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Pontiac Montana - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:

2005 Montana Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Rolling Movie House
By Pierre S.

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The front driver/passenger have a fairly good ride Transmission is smooth with plenty of motor power. Misleading ads when it comes to available storage space, compared to the previous models. This model is drifting away from its true mission of what a mini van should stand for. It was poorly conceived to carry baggage with the seats folded. There is a need to increase the size door pockets to storage. This model has too much for for movie goers, with 4 oversized hardplastic headset holders poorly located for passager's own comfort, 2 pop-corn table with plenty of pop holders. The passager's second row of seat has a lot to be desired with restricted leg room. They did away with fog lights

Favorite Features

The drive is good. Gas economy is acceptable. The improved look.

Suggested Improvements

The more option the seating material. Additional egonomic adjustment to the driver and the passenger with ajustable arms rest. Improve stowing compartments for small everyday items, umbrella, cell phone,windshield water bottle etc.. Bring those fog lights back. More paint colour option please.

Nice Ride
By Vicki

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The SV6 is a very stylish fun to drive vehicle. The kids love the dvd system, and all the captain chairs and soundsystem. The low step in height is great. Front visiblity is perfect while not so in the rear(head rests get in the way) The power rear doors are great. The seats are super comfortable much more so than others we test drove.( My husband & I test drove them all I bet). We didn't mind them not being stow and gow as they were so much more comfortable. The only complaint is maybe power when on the highway fully loaded with people & luggage felt a little sluggish but other than that perfect.

Favorite Features

Love the standard DvD system with rear climate controls. Power sliding rear doors, low step in height, front & side view perfect, steering wheel controls, super comfortable seats & large gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

second row captain chairs should move to center making a bench & making easier to get to third row. Need to do something about rear blind spots, a remote for the rear gate would be great. Maybe a button to put DVD player screen down auto.

Pontiac Momtana SV6
By b burns

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle, DVD for the kids&plenty of room. Decent fuel economy W/ a great ride. Glove box is a little cheap, excluding that it was a great buy!

Favorite Features

17" Wheels,200 horsepower,double sliding doors,DVD,On Star, Great Brakes,Good interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Better dash & glove box Quality. Another 12v plug and better location than the other one on the floor.

Best Pontiac I have had so far.....
By J.Briscoe

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I rented the SV6 for our Grand Canyon vacation this year. With 2 12 yrs olds, a 17 yr old and 2 adults traveling together - we loved it. Plenty of room and everyone had excellent views while traveling. We were impressed enough to trade in my 2000 Boneville for a 2005 SV6. For me at 5'3" the SV6 in much more confortable to drive than my Bonneville had been.I commute 65 miles roundtrip each week day and after driving the SV6 for two weeks - I am very pleased with it.After 2 Bonnevilles and a Grand Am this is my favorite Pontiac yet.It doesn't feel like a minivan at all - sure doesn't look like one either.

Favorite Features

The 6-CD changer, The security of having On Star,the DVD player for long road trips with teenagers in tow.

Suggested Improvements

Rear remote trunk release option.

2nd Montana
By Gary

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I saw the employee pricing, I decided to trade my 03 Montana for a 05, but I could not find one that I wanted. Looked at the SV6, thought about it and got a loaded one. 4 weeks later it was on the road for a 4 week vacation in NE. 3 bikes on top, rear seats down, loaded to the gills. What a joy. DVD and the ability to multitask the sound system was great. Satellite radio! Where was it when I was driving cross county in 1980. Seems to be a little less elbow room in the front, but the change in the interior of the doors makes up for it. Plenty of storage space, like the removable storage compartment. Good for putting things away when parking in the city.

Favorite Features

Body changes makes it easier for me to feel the front of the van. Front seats seem wider then the 03. Entertainment system and unique look

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests on front seats a tad low for me. Where is the KEY hole on the Passenger side. I don't carry the remote, and am always forgetting, same with the rear hatch. Why chrom rims? Also, with a 32K price tag, only 1 storage bin in the rail? Infared headphones extra? 1 note.

It's A great Van!
By Gandolf

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I shopped around for a few months looking for a van and this was the best layout and design for our family that i found. The options were exactly what we needed and the fit and finish were excellent. The van is quiet and a lot of fun to drive. The braking is noticably better than other vans.

Favorite Features

DVD system for my children, Onstar for security, and the power driver seat for long trips

Suggested Improvements

better access to the rear seat, enable the 2nd row seat to move in toward the middle to ease rear access.

Early use, but promising!
By Minivan Dad

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned a '96 Voyager previously, we were VERY pleased with our Montana. The quality and materials are first rate and the build appears to be solid. We had to get the chrome wheels for $650 (pricey!)and weren't allowed to exchange them for cheaper alloys due to the employee discount rules. The ride is butter smooth and the power adequate. With the employee discount, we feel that we received an excellent value for the money. A reccommended vehicle!

Favorite Features

Exterior style, interior design, DVD player, steering wheel is in the "just right" position. Remote start is just sooo cool!

Suggested Improvements

Drop the fake brushed steel accents (wood instead, please), Power point (cigarette lighter plug) is 1 inch off the floor- please raise to radio level, $650 for chrome wheels!? Minor niggles, though. Power is just OK.

A Great New Minivan
By Francis Patt

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The drive was very quiet, much quieter than Chrysler products and much less body roll than either the Honda or the Toyota vans. Acceleration was reasonable, if not peppy, it again was better than other "top reviewed" vans. The power doors aren't hard to close and the remote button is awesome. Handlimg was all I would have expected and the braking was excellent. Much better than the priginal Montana and better than the Chrysler product we traded in. Apparently the four wheel disk brakes function much better than the drums in the rear of other vans. This van is for my wife and she loves it. I'd say GM hit a homerun with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Six way driver's seat makes long drives easier. Varying the driving position can limit fatigue and stiffness after a long drive. The DVD system is great for our kids. The GM employee discount and the GM credit card points made this purchase a "no-brainer."

Suggested Improvements

Access to the back seats needs to be improved. The "cloth" seat option is far less comfortable than in the old Venture. It has a plasticy feel and while leather may be an option it added more to the cost than we wanted to pay.

Great performance and mileage
By Montana Owner

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent acceleration beyond what the horsepower rating says. Maybe it's due to the torque. Handling is great too. No problems with reliability or anything else. Mileage is super compared to the performance too. I got 26 mpg with 4 adult passengers with luggage on a long trip, and 27.5 mpg on a solo trip when I set cruise control at 60 mph.

Favorite Features

Hard to say. Lot of room inside. Very reliable. Acceleration from a stoplight is great, more than 185 hp it seems. Mileage from 3.4 liter engine with a big, blunt van is much better than expected. Good looking too.

Suggested Improvements

Braking is really good, but I'd like to see rear disc brakes.

SV6 Improved
By SLibera283

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Better ride styling ,power ,engine. Not crazy about the 17"wheels.They do nothing but add cost to the van. Safety has been greatly improved.They deleted 8 passenger option.Very useful. Center seats do not fold as well as previous models

Favorite Features

see above

Suggested Improvements

see above