2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
montana sv6
By RAy on 02/03/06 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan AWD w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

for a minivan it's a very comfortable and practical vehicle, we were pleasantly surprised bythe performance of the awd. we switched from an envoy xl and really enjoy the ride and gas economy much better on the montana.

Rear passenger room
By Mrstitch on 01/25/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Poorly designed for passengers entering or exiting the rear seats. When a front seat passenger adjusts his seat backwards often the rear seat passenger gets a seat jammed into his knees.

very mad
By very mad on 01/05/06 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a list of the things that went wrong with the vehicle since 2-05: Alternator replaced (going to be recalled) 11-05 Left crankcase seal (dealer said its due to faulty build at plant) 11-05 All lettering fell off rear hatch (finally replaced 12-05) Rear hatch handle faulty (never fixed by dealer properly) Transmission slipping (dealer had found no evidence of this) Tracking system engaged during dry Texas weather, locking up the wheels and making van undrivable unless you turned off the tracking system. Happened 1-1-06 when nobody could help us. Stability tracking system service message on (dealer on 2nd try found a short in the computer which made wheels lock up.

Where's the quality control
By seabeav on 12/08/05 09:12 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the new SV6 due to the expanding family. Looked at others but none except ford/mercury included the expanded features for a reasonable price. While I like the apperance and the creature comforts of the SV6, and the drive is typical of a minivan thats all there is to be happy or content with. My vehicle has been in the shop 4 times over the first 3 months for various reasons including a faulty aligned door, replacement of a rear sliding door motor, replacement of a door handle, replacement of body molding, steering well casing replacement, windshield stripping replacement, and a dead battery. Highway noise (wind) on this vehicle is terrible. Recommend pay extra $ for better quality

Stylish but different
By Michael on 12/03/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

great vehicle and really fun to drive.....had choice of the 4 gm vans....and pick the sv6.....the bold looking front end was the final selling point....plenty of room inside and comfortable ride.....bottom line.......one very happy customer.

Excellent Quality vehicle!
By Justin Case on 11/17/05 13:26 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Previous vehicle was a 96 Trans Sport with same 3.4 liter v-6. Got 260,000 miles out of that without any major mechanical problems, it paid for itself! This van is on the same path. Already, there is 32,100 on it and the only problem was a TSB for the throttle body. Didn't cause van to run poorly, it just made a whistling sound on light acceleration. Dealer fixed though under warranty, and that's it. Great comfort, very good acceleration, average fuel econ. (20 mpg. w/ mixed hwy./city driving), and great dependability. I would not be afraid to take this vehicle anywhere on a trip. I look forward to any years of "Driving Excitement" with this Pontiac!

Overall Great Vehicle
By ridgeman4 on 10/15/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van the day before we left on an 1100 mile vacation. That is always the making of a disaster. However, against our judgments we did it anyway and were not disappointed. It performed well during our trip and every since. The DVD player was nice for the kids and the sanity of my wife and I. The restyling of the front end has greatly improved the looks of the Montana's.

not happy
By nothappy on 10/14/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Loved the van when we first bought it, but several things have happened since then. The transmission has slipped either going from park to drive or taking off from a stoplight/stopsign. Almost all of the decals have fallen off on the rear hatch. The battery also quit on us. Now I feel we are stuck until we get caught up payment wise to merit selling or trading in on another vehicle.

Un-reliable and Un-Safe!
By Zach on 10/13/05 16:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We loved the traction control, and the load leveling system at first. In Dec., everything went wrong! load leveling system stopped working in awkward stance and it was more up in the back then the front. dealer charged us $863.00 for that to be fixed. Then the headgasket went and the emergency brake failed when parked. After we got all of that fixed, an accident ouccured in January. We were on the NYS Thruway and we were going on a trip. Then we were hit in the back of the minivan by a SUV and then we slammed into the pick-up truck in front of the van and intruded into my wife and I and we were sent to the hospital, and my wife was in a coma for 4 months. Will never buy a GM again!

GM Again
By rsv6 on 10/13/05 02:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '99 Suburban, against my wife's wishes(!) because it was costing too much to operate. The SV6 was the perfect replacment. We took the 1SA package, because I could not pass up the deal. The dealer had loaded units available, but I really didn't all the extra items. I only wish that every option didn't come in a package. It would be nice to have rear window defroster without having to spend $2200 for everything else that come with it!