Used 2005 Pontiac Montana Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Montana - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:

Good Van Amazing
By G Unit

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This mini van has only one problem so far and thats the abs. It's a family van and is extremely stylish. I love it. I also own a Honda Sienna and sv6 kills it

I love my van but...
By GM emp

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the van for little over a year. Bought new. Been in to dealership 3 times for brake work. Still squeaking. Power sliding door alarm goes off for no reason when driving, have to pull over and reclose. Gas gauge not working properly. Also, no room for legs in 2nd row. Took seats out and its wonderful. Dealership nor I could find a plug in adapter. Not as comfortable as old Venture van. Guess it doesnt matter, GM is not making minivans any longer.

Headlights are really good compared to old van I had. OnStar is good.

Solid minivan
By Chris Bartels

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan AWD w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this SUV/minivan in June 2005. It is a great family road trip car with plenty of pick-up to pass on the highway. We are getting another vehicle as the use of space is not good for our family. With three kids, half the third row has to be up and this decreases storage. We get 18 MPG overall

Satellite radio, DVD, and sporty look

2nd bench seat. It's hard to get in the third row. The side trim is starting to rust after only 2 years!

bad bad bad
By burky

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well previous to this hunk of crap we had a 2001 Chevrolet venture, which was a wonderful van! This van is awful!!! it has been nothing but problems to me and my family including door panels coming off, fuel pump problems, tons of squeaks, strut problems, radio replaced twice, a lot of electrical problems, seats STAINING BADLY, and NO rear leg room!!! I HATE THIS VAN!!

INTEROR DASH LAYOUT

get rid of this crappy designed van, and bring back the 04 design, which was much better!!

One year Follow up review.....
By J.Briscoe

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a follow up to our SV6 purchase in July 2005. The car does not always start - dealer found no problem with this - still happening. Tires are worn after a year - seems you are to look inside the door and not read the tires for the correct pressure. The radio switches channels without catching all of the stations on it's own. Brakes are worn and noisy. The air had to be recharged - was not keeping the inside cooled down.

Lots of room, DVD player and easy to drive for 5'3 and 6'1 drivers - no blind spots with mirrors.Back up sensors.

Get an engine with some guts.This is the forth Pontiac that we have owned and the first to have soo many problems after just one year. Improve the poor quality issues.