2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
Nice Van
By storm on 01/28/09 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in Dec. 05. No problems at 43,000 miles of mostly city driving. Only issue is with tire wear, need to rotate every 5,000 miles or rear tires will cup. Overall very nice van for the price.

Worst Vehicle Ever
By KD Coughlan on 11/22/08 15:47 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded '02 Montana, first day knew I had made big mistake. Alternator, air conditioning, CD player, OnStar, side doors, first year 14 times in for service. Will never purchase another GM product. This vehicle is unsafe. Unfortunately, it is worth nothing. Anyone that does not agree with this does not realize the poor quality of this vehicle. On my third set of tires, cannot keep an alignment on it. Also just replaced brakes for the third time. I am not a reckless driver. Car dealers will not even accept these vehicles on trade in, will have to give it away. Buy a Toyota, I know I will be from now on.

Great value for a good vehicle
By Chris Luery on 10/04/08 10:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We enjoy the Montana SV6. We put on a lot of miles (now 117,000 miles) each year and live in a rural area of Quebec where the winters are harsh and the snow is deep. I have the extended version and have found that it has good control on the road year round. A few problems, which were limited in scope and not serious. Consisted of the following: slight rattle in dash - easily fixed, rear windshield wiper motor has given up - will need to be replaced, paint delamination next to rear center taillight - dealer will fix. I have worked inside an Asian Automotive manufacturing plant and find the quality here relatively close but the value is in the price - probably a third cheap

It will do
By bdp on 09/10/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I read the other reviews about the wind noise, yes that was bothersome, but by using a little silicone down the drivers side rubber weather strip, problem solved. I do though have a leakage of some kind on the drivers side on the inside, my floor mate is soaked and I cannot figure where the dampness is coming from, unless the A/C line to the rear is under the flooring? I have worn a hole in the flooring from the foot action while driving. I do drive alot and it has helped on gas expense. Last I have some sort of electrical problem with the temp gauge. At times after drive for a bit and then shutting down, the gauge will max out. I have to turn the ignition switch back and forth rapidly.

2005 Montana SV6
By dlink on 06/18/08 22:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new at dealer in Fall 2004. Bad electricals from the start (flickering head lights & dash lights) as well as annoying wind noise at 60 mph+. Dealer has no clue as to fixes. Electrical wiring short occurred at 3.5 years and 106,000 miles involving main electrical circuit. Dealer charges $2,500 to fix!! This has not been a good vehicle given the fact that the van is worth about $6,000. GM deserves what they get in the world of cars; they are losing market share for a reason. Others make better cares and treat their customers slightly better! I will never buy from this dealer or GM again!

Good Van Amazing
By G Unit on 10/11/07 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This mini van has only one problem so far and thats the abs. It's a family van and is extremely stylish. I love it. I also own a Honda Sienna and sv6 kills it

I love my van but...
By GM emp on 08/07/07 03:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the van for little over a year. Bought new. Been in to dealership 3 times for brake work. Still squeaking. Power sliding door alarm goes off for no reason when driving, have to pull over and reclose. Gas gauge not working properly. Also, no room for legs in 2nd row. Took seats out and its wonderful. Dealership nor I could find a plug in adapter. Not as comfortable as old Venture van. Guess it doesnt matter, GM is not making minivans any longer.

Solid minivan
By Chris Bartels on 05/10/07 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan AWD w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this SUV/minivan in June 2005. It is a great family road trip car with plenty of pick-up to pass on the highway. We are getting another vehicle as the use of space is not good for our family. With three kids, half the third row has to be up and this decreases storage. We get 18 MPG overall

bad bad bad
By burky on 02/11/07 22:02 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well previous to this hunk of crap we had a 2001 Chevrolet venture, which was a wonderful van! This van is awful!!! it has been nothing but problems to me and my family including door panels coming off, fuel pump problems, tons of squeaks, strut problems, radio replaced twice, a lot of electrical problems, seats STAINING BADLY, and NO rear leg room!!! I HATE THIS VAN!!

One year Follow up review.....
By J.Briscoe on 09/17/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana Minivan SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a follow up to our SV6 purchase in July 2005. The car does not always start - dealer found no problem with this - still happening. Tires are worn after a year - seems you are to look inside the door and not read the tires for the correct pressure. The radio switches channels without catching all of the stations on it's own. Brakes are worn and noisy. The air had to be recharged - was not keeping the inside cooled down.