2004 Pontiac Montana - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
I live in Alaska and I'm ruff on stuff!!!
By jaykeller on 05/29/11 16:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Montana AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my montana with barely any miles on it it was in pristine condition! After having it for five years I hunt, fish, camp, and haul quit a bit with it! I have a one place trailer that my Harley(motorcycle) Skidoo(snowmachine)and polaris(4wheeler) all fit on nicely (one at a time that is) and i don't even know they are there i make 1600 plus mile long trips in the thing in Ak witch isn't known for its nice flat hyws if you know what i mean.Then I slap the seats back in it and its my ol'ladys soccer mom wagon! I have had to replace a few things on it but mostly because of operator err like I said I am very hard on things and yet this mini van seems to keep right up with me! I Love Mine!

I could keep goldfish in my headlights
By tuesdaysgone on 04/28/11 16:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just as other reviews have stated, I too have had to replace the bearings. The headlight housing fills up with water during every rain storm. This in turn has caused my Instrument Panel to kind of short out. First the heat/water gauge, next the gas gauge, then the speedometer. Which comes and goes at will. It's arount 700-800 $ to fix, but with the water short problem, I don't see the point with the poor design. Also everything plastic in this car has broken. The cupholder door in the front of the van. The window switches on both sides. The motor is going on the drivers side window which is used more. This is my second GM product and I won't be fooled again.

2004 Ponitac Montana
By Kayla C. on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased new in 2004. It currently has 172,000 miles on the odometer and it still runs great. I have kept the oil changed every 3,000 miles and Dealer recommended services performed. The only problems I have had with the car is the wheel bearings had to be replaced and the air conditioner has problems cooling as it should.

Still Liking It
By Evie on 06/16/10 08:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Never had any mechanical issues at all. Good on mileage as driven on long trips frequently. Longest trip I drove in this van was over 7000 km and never had issues with weight of luggage and tenting supplies packed in the back. Am very satisfied with my vehicle so far. Wished it didn't have such a limited load weight for pulling a camper trailer. Leaves little choice as to what type of camper trailer to pull as max towing without the optional towing package for 2 adults and gear is 2000 lbs.

Overall
By Tim on 05/05/10 02:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had two Montana's both ext4dr the first was I feel the best one it was a 98 and It had 180,000 miles on it I bought it with 60,000 miles and only had to replace the map sensor no problems after that my 04 I have now I have just under 120,000 miles and have had Transmission problems with, fuel rail, injectors, coil,trans-axle,and interior flaws also I don't like the head light seals or the wiring for the taillight issues I replace the taillights and head lights almost on a monthly basis.

Is it a LEMON??
By nic on 02/21/08 21:04 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van had 19,000 KM on it when purchases. I have replaced the brakes twice in 2 and 1/2 years, and no, I do not ride the brakes. There has been one problem after another. Right now it is surging or slipping, yet nothing wrong with transmission. Last bill, for transmission, spark plugs, brakes and engine problem $2000. Not happy with this vehicle, and very disappointed as it is the first Pontiac I have had problems with. What is with the Brakes. How can they need replacing so soon? Why did they need replaceing at so soon after purchase? Why does the transmission slip yet nothing wrong with it? I am very disappointed in this vehicle

Still going strong
By Tom on 01/21/08 06:03 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Montana, and the first one held up well for 160000 miles. Great cargo capacity, can haul 4'x8' wallboard. No mechanical problems, normal maintainance.

Great Vehicle
By Gary Roberts on 12/29/07 11:03 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

92000 miles and no repairs, except for broken rear hatch handle (just happened) Great to drive and comfortable to ride in.

Awesome family van!
By Alaska Family on 11/12/07 18:14 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Montana AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this van when I was pregnant with our third boy, anticipating the need for enough space for 3 car seats. We were looking for a used vehicle that would seat our family and visiting grandparents (at least 7 seats), with AWD (we live in North Pole, Alaska), and preferably something that would allow us to place all three car seats in the same row (our kids are almost 4, almost 2, and newborn). We found what we were looking for with this van! It is the only one I found used in our town with AWD that seats 8. The space is wonderful! We can fit all three large car seats in the middle row for easy access to buckle the boys in.

2004 pontiac montana
By William McEachern on 01/20/07 05:15 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Montana Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Things that were replaced as to date. diodes for heater 5th speed. Rubber patch under windshield to stop noise. balancing of all tires alignment 4 wheel a thermostat failed complete mirror for left side door installed new patches to stop buzz noise in windshield replaced bug deflector warped replaced wiper arm and set wiper timing. complete painting of both rocker panels for surface rust found no primer under paint. removed windshield for air noise still not corrected yet.