2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
We love our Montana Mini Van
By grisswalds on 10/12/13 18:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan MontanaVision Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Montana minivan new in 2003. It is now 2013 and we're putting it up for sale. It has 260,000 miles on it and has been the best reliable vehicle we've ever bought. The only thing we had to replace was two hub assemblies and the alternator just went out last week. 260,000 miles on the same alternator.. Unheard of.. Just crazy. We've been from New York to Texas to Florida and all parts in between. It's been a great family car. Thank you GM for making a reliable vehicle. It's been a great ride:)

Awesome
By pinks_2013 on 01/13/13 04:19 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The best used car.. We bought this car used with 90k+ miles on it. Now it is 140k++. And its still running fine, without any issues. Just oil changes and brakepad changes. Very stable car and great pickup. Hwy MPG can go as high as 27-28, better than any sedan of the same time frame. Excellent car.

Satisfying to own
By bigmowaukee on 03/16/11 08:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had a good ownership experience with our Montana. It's been quite reliable, with few major breakdowns in our eight years of ownership. While the vehicle isn't luxuriously equipped, it is comfortably appointed and feels luxurious in a Pontiacian sort of way. Haling the seats in and out is a pain...even worse than the Pontiac TransPort we had before it...but it has been one of the more satisfying cars I've owned.

Great Vehicle
By MAMU on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Montana with 7000 miles on it and now have 254,000. Consistently get 24-25 MPG. Put new heads on at 200K;seals at 100K but nothing else major.Been a great vehicle for the price. Hope to make it last another 2 years. 300K possible?

AVOID!
By Awfabee on 05/19/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the AWD because we were moving out to the country. It was a company lease return, impeccably maintained. As soon as the warranty expired, we IMMEDIATELY suffered the infamous GMC intake manifold gasket debaucle. Since then, nothing but problems, mostly with the wheel hubs, bearings, and ABS/AWD sensors. Turns out a vehicle named "MONTANA" with AWD can't handle a bumpy gravel road. Worst vehicle we've ever owned... period.

Not bad for a van
By Montana on 05/31/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Not a bad van. It's good on fuel, change oil every 5000 or so, and a tuneup 120,000 km runs great. I drive this 4 hour round trip. The inside is good to lots space for what I need it for and the kid's like for the dvd part.

If You Think So
By zigs on 05/31/07 13:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I think they tried to lure people in with the looks of the van more than the quality of it. This vehicle has never been wrecked. Yet a lot of the seams don't match or some are wider than others. Real poor quality control I would say. Sliding door hits the the driver door. You have to open the driver door so you can shut the sliding door. I haven't owned this vehicle very long so I can't say about the long term. If you buy one look at all the seams of the vehicle. With gas prices going up the fuel effeciency is fading fast on this one. It does ride smooth however.

2003 Montana Ext. minivan in Illinois
By Rich Leverton on 03/04/07 10:19 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 2003 Montana. It has been excellent in all aspects. We have never had any problems - mechanical or otherwise. This is our second Pontiac Minivan and we will be purchasing our third very shortly. We recommend this year and model to everyone!

2003 Pontiac Montana
By kpersinger on 05/31/06 18:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my montana for almost 3 years and now have 70,000 miles on it. I have not had any trouble with my van.It handles and runs great. I just wish it had a built in DVD center. I have rear air and rear audio controls which has been a lifesaver for me and the kids on long trips. The kids love the van. I like it too just wish it had better gas mileage. From the sounds of some reviews I am lucky. Also it would be nice if there were more cupholders

I love this van!
By VanGuy33 on 05/06/06 21:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

As much as I didn't want to get a van, I finally got a Montana. Wow, am I happy I did. Not only is this van extremely versatile, but the fuel mileage is fantastic.

1 2 3 4 5 next »