2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
One of the worst cars I've owned
By HalS on 06/11/08 10:11 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start. It leaks: windshield, side windows, headlights are full of water. Tail-lights keep blowing, I'm told its the electrical system. Windshield wipers stop in the up position. Air-conditioning stopped working. exterior trim has fallen off. Auto-side mirrors don't work. I'm the only owner of this car and my kids say I drive like an old lady and I do a mix of highway and suburban driving - so I don't think it's me. I've kept up with regular maintenance but the cost of fixing this stuff again and again is becoming quite a burden

Good van when it's not in the shop
By Randy on 04/27/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in jan 2005. Replaced rdm the first month. Steering rack alternator head gaskets a/c compressor evaporator coil wheel bearings x 3, 2 instances of broken wires to speed sensors replaced fluid in rdm replaced actuator for awd function. Good thing I was able to purchase the extra warranty. 2 bad I didn't get the 4 year plan.

Love this
By jbjq on 01/19/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my dark red Montana from eBay in December 2003 for $11,700 and it had 42,130 miles on it. It has lots of extras including OnStar but I don't use OnStar. Mine is not the extended version. This vehicle is the perfect size. Not too large and not too small. It is the perfect height for getting into and out of. My kids would rather I drive a Cadillac CTS but too bad. But anyway I have just had regular maintenance done and a few minor glitches which I had fixed at Firestone. I have 90,750 miles on it now. Love this van. Oh and it gets 23 mpg. For what I paid I consider this vehicle to be a great value.

Minivan Madness
By Cheryl on 04/22/07 05:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for 2 years and had the head gasket go at 39,000 miles. Heat always feels like it's on when it's not. Backlit sometimes stays off. Headlights dim slightly on and off when driving at times. Would not recommend this van to anyone, I would not buy one again. Beware before you buy. Rattles a lot when driving and bad over bumps.

It's a FamVan, what can you expect...
By FamVan on 02/14/07 20:29 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan MontanaVision Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving the 2002 Pontiac Montana for 4.5 years. I made the purchase after renting a Montana for a road trip from Colorado to Florida in 2001. It has been functional for my family and the kids have really enjoyed the MontanaVision.

A Minivan I'm not embarrased by
By JohnB on 01/13/07 20:13 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I always vowed we would never buy a minivan, however when our SUV was starting to die we couldn't deny the mileage advantages of a minivan. The Montana has been great, 2 tone black with leather, lots of options and fun to drive. Plus it has been rock solid reliable.

shopping for a truck
By ste-marie gaston on 08/07/06 04:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan MontanaVision Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This family van has been a pleasure to drive. Since I do a lot of driving in a year it is important for me to feel secure all year round by driving a very reliable car. A change of employment is requiring that I drive a truck.

Motor gasket leaks---twice!
By sunflowermom on 07/04/06 09:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had the head gasket replaced in summer of 2005 because it was leaking water. Dealership mechanic said that GM used inferior gaskets. Why? Well, it is leaking again (summer 2006). We have four sons and cannot afford to have it "fixed" again! I wish I had a way to return it to the dealership for them to deal with! Also, rear hatch squeaks, and the rubber weather stripping under both sliding doors came off!

Very happy
By Brian on 03/04/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was a good looking, easy to drive van. Tons of room and very flexible seating setup.

Can not keep it out of the shop
By ryant on 12/09/05 01:36 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I like this car very comfortable and convenient. It fits all the kids and dogs without a problem. I have found out however lots of mechanical problems with the Engine after lots of $$$$ and many days in the shop just after the warranty expiration I have decided to dump it and go back to gas guzzling SUV's.