Used 2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan

View reviews for a specific Montana model:

Family Van
By Upriver

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a Montana for 4 years . it had 112000 klm on it. Now has 141000. All around great vehicle but it has had rear end troubles at a cost of $16000. thankfully under warranty. Now the rear end has gone again. Should it diengage the awd when cornering, Don't know. But they will spend another $ 11000 to fix it under warranty. It runs good just makes a howling noise when turning. I would buy one again.

AWD and electric doors

All wheel drive manual switch

This stopped me from ever trusting GM
By Mitch

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned it for 3 months and the intake gasket was done when I bought it but now it's my problem. Head gasket just went and I pretty sure it's going for scrap, as I'm not rich! I had better luck with my rusty 91 Astro. All it needed was a y pipe. I would have been better to go with a Ford Taurus wagon for the family, oh well live and learn. I always wanted a Pontiac ever since I was little cause I new they were built better and stronger than GM but now they're garbage and I will never buy Chevy or Pontiac again!

Peppy little van, lot of room. Black exterior with tint.

My front driver's side speaker blew the 1st week and when turned up the music fades? Metal gaskets would be nice. The inside feels plastic and cheap. A nice metal, wood grain or even glass on the dash would be pleasent. Front end feels light or it's hard to go easy when you start off?

Montana Taxi
By lg3fan

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Pontiac Montana Ext. AWD used back in Feb of 07 with 52,345 mi and using it as a taxi. I've had great luck with the Montana and never had any major problems with it except normal ware and tear. It runs constantly for 24 hous a day. It now has 159,789 mi on it and runs like brand new. It has plenty of room and is very very comfortable for seating of 6. The AWD system is exceptional.It goes through anything. If anyone needs to by a mini van, this is the one to buy! I would buy another one in a heartbeat with no question.

The AWD Versatrac system, orange illuminated dash board(soothing on eyes)

None

Excellent Value - Great Used Car!
By Jim

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my loaded Montana that was gently used by a retired couple. The car was showroom clean with about 27,000 miles. It currently just broke 80,000 miles (an average of 12k/year). The van has done everything I've asked it to do. It had industry/segment leading cargo capacity and volume at the time. Its driving dynamics are excellent for a van. It was much better than the previous generation Toyota Sienna we compared it to. I think it will bring me many years of reliable service. I plan to keep it until about 220,000 miles. Buy one of these severly depreciated vehicles at a fire sale price and you wont be disappointed. I've had minor problems not worth mentioning.

Cavernous volume, quiet interior, comfortable seating arrangement.

Bring this model back!

Feed up with GM lack of quality
By Feed up with GM

2002 Pontiac Montana Minivan MontanaVision AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

GM builds crap and wonders why they have problems. Our van has been in the shop way too much for big items. The van has 87,000 miles on it and we have to replace the whole gasket system and front wheel hub at 65,000 miles ($1,600 fix). The battery has gone bad twice. The DVD player barely works and the heated seats have been replaced twice and continue to short out. Now the Fuel pump has gone bad at 87,000 miles another $1,000 fix. This makes the little items like rubber stripping on the sliding doors falling off way to annoying. Do not buy GM you will regret it.

Good space in

Use better quality. Extend warranty until quality issues are improved.