2000 Pontiac Montana - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
Very happy
By TPATT on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

Overall we've been very happy with the Montana. Fun to drive and hauls a lot of people/cargo.

Could be better
By Soccer Dad on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

We have had six warranty repairs. This entailed being without a car or waiting at the dealer to have it repaired. 1. Starter 2. Battery 3. Right front CV joint 4. Altenator repair 5. Pull down Strap replacement on rear hatch 6. Intake manifold gasket for oil leak. In addition to the warranty repairs we replaced the Dunlap tires, lasting only 22,000 miles due to one having a defect. Replaced brakes at 34,500 miles. Speakers vibrate.

Little flaws that drive me crazy!
By Minivan Mom on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

We take our Montana back to the dealership to fix something once every two months. I've had old junkers that have needed less service! In the first year, it was recalled 5 times - twice for the automatic door, twice for the rear seatbelt and once for the GPS. The little things drive me crazy - broken drink holder,burnt out light in the radio, airbag light that keeps coming on, oil change indicator that won't turn off, module for headsets that comes completely out of the counsel when you remove the headset, broken strap for the rear hatch etc. I've always owned Toyotas and I think I'll go back after this vehicle.

Great Van
By abtowell on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

Great two year experience - only problem was a misaligned hood latch and a flimsy cup holder.

favorable and would do it again
By victorc on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan

i love this car. I have had no problems. The only thing i which was i got 8 passagener seating.

like it...but
By traveler on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

The general tires suck...34,000 miles and I already need new set. Rack & pinion is being replaced due to a leak also. Like the styling overall, but the uneven floor creates loading problems; everything slides or and tips forward.

A piece of Junk
By Don't buy GM on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

This vehicle has had 4 repairs on the sliding door, 4 fuel injectors replaced. 4 repairs on the Air Conditioner, many other single repairs to mention. My wife is about to shoot this thing...do not buy this vehicle or any other GM product. They are absolutely no help post purchase!!!!

2000 Pontiac Montana
By VanDriver on 03/10/02 10:11 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

Excellent! Fun to drive. Nice creature comforts.